Author Topic: BitShares bashing on reddit/r/bitcoin  (Read 4878 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
That was the part that bothered me the most.

Scrutiny is one thing, scurrilous accusations are something else entirely.

+5% indeed
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
It didn't make any sense. But I agree these sorts of things will probably continue. It is human nature and some people don't know how to be patient for a few weeks. Contrary to popular belief, not all humans evolved with spines.

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
That was the part that bothered me the most.

Scrutiny is one thing, scurrilous accusations are something else entirely.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
doesn't matter - always a few guys are crying ...

Don't understand comparsion to NEO&BEE ...
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
Oh, I have.

Good for you. Your message here is still quite ironic though.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
If you are an active member of this forum, then it's safe to say that you have the ear of the developers. Free speech and dissenting views are clearly honored here. I agree that makes this community (and hopefully, the DACs) better in the long run. So why the hell do you have to go out on Reddit, where people don't know shit and where Bitshares is entirely defined by rumors, and post what was clearly a bashing thread? It's like a professional sports player who disagrees with the management and takes that dispute to the press instead of going to the management directly. I don't know who started it and I don't care, but that's amateur hour, man. I find the practice to be utterly cowardly, harmful, and unnecessary.

That's just "the pot calling the kettle black".

Perhaps you should heed your advice and go to reddit to criticize the critics of BTS there.

Offline progmac

• View Profile
until there is an actual product, it is impossible to defend against this kind of bashing. a lot of people have paid for a promise. there is certainly a possibility (whether you think it is an "off-chance" or "50/50" or "most likely") that there will never be a product.
if you want to support my incoherent ramblings
Bitshares PTS: PrziMMpXMMu948j5H7yvj3Ry8mnZBbsMYR

Offline onceuponatime

If you are an active member of this forum, then it's safe to say that you have the ear of the developers. Free speech and dissenting views are clearly honored here. I agree that makes this community (and hopefully, the DACs) better in the long run. So why the hell do you have to go our on Reddit, where people don't know shit and where Bitshares is entirely defined by rumors, and post what was clearly a bashing thread? It's like a professional sports player who disagrees with the management and takes that dispute to the press instead of going to the management directly. I don't know who started it and I don't care, but that's amateur hour, man. I find the practice to be utterly cowardly, harmful, and unnecessary.

I don't know why they do it either, but I have run across this type of behavior all of my life. Perhaps it is because some people are more afraid of success than they are of failure (success does not fit their self-image). Whatever the reason, it is my experience that it needs to be nipped in the bud.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
If you are an active member of this forum, then it's safe to say that you have the ear of the developers. Free speech and dissenting views are clearly honored here. I agree that makes this community (and hopefully, the DACs) better in the long run. So why the hell do you have to go out on Reddit, where people don't know shit and where Bitshares is entirely defined by rumors, and post what was clearly a bashing thread? It's like a professional sports player who disagrees with the management and takes that dispute to the press instead of going to the management directly. I don't know who started it and I don't care, but that's amateur hour, man. I find the practice to be utterly cowardly, harmful, and unnecessary.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2014, 07:02:21 pm by donkeypong »

clout

<blockquote>

Looks like there are some grumblings of financial discrepancy...

Interesting that they can spend so heavily in marketing a product that doesnt even have a deadline anymore. How long before we get a "Gee Golly guys, we tried our best but we ran out of funding!"
</blockquote>

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/22q6t5/bitshares_the_next_neobee/

And your point is...?

Stan answered my question, I said thanks and even changed the title of the post to [Explained].

What exactly are you trying to say?

My point was that someone had started an anti-BitShares thread on the Bitcion sub-reddit.

I posted the thread you call "grumblings of financial discrepancy" here and you are trying to link it to a reddit thread about bashing Bitshares. It looks like you are trying to insinuate I am behind the bashing thread in reddit and I am not.  I want Bitshares to succeed.

hahah notice the blockquotes... charles didn't refer to your thread as "grumblings of financial discrepency."

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
There was an anti-BitShares thread on Reddit. I posted an alert to its existence. My alternative was to not notify participants on this forum of its existence.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile
<blockquote>

Interesting that they can spend so heavily in marketing a product that doesnt even have a deadline anymore. How long before we get a "Gee Golly guys, we tried our best but we ran out of funding!"
</blockquote>

And your point is...?

Stan answered my question, I said thanks and even changed the title of the post to [Explained].

My point was that someone had started an anti-BitShares thread on the Bitcion sub-reddit.

I posted the thread you call "grumblings of financial discrepancy" here and you are trying to link it to a reddit thread about bashing Bitshares. It looks like you are trying to insinuate I am behind the bashing thread in reddit and I am not.  I want Bitshares to succeed.

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile
<blockquote>

</blockquote>

And your point is...?

Offline fuzzy

<blockquote>

</blockquote>

And your point is...?

I see nothing wrong with potentially calling out Devs and bringing potentially unpopular opinions into the fray.  Our world largely got into the mess it is in because people were too afraid of being considered unpopular by the rest of the herd for bringing up "negative" thoughts. 

I say you say it, but you admit if you are proven wrong...that is far more than "professional" journalists on mainstream media do...
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D