Author Topic: Dev Voice Hangout on Mumble Fridays @ 10am EST  (Read 41064 times)

Offline fuzzy

I like saturday 11am

11 AM EST works

Might be good to change the Subject line to reflect this change ;)

Also, please notify me of any changes so I can alter the Server Message to reflect them. 

I haven't used mumble.  I am having a problem figuring out how to broadcast ?

It is hierarchical, with "BeyondBitcoin" at the top.  I do not know if I send messages to BeyondBitcoin if they are broadcast to everyone etc ?

All those rooms add to the confusion of it a bit.

I can hear bytemaster, but I do not know what room to type in for the meeting aspect ?  I can send him messages directly, but that defeats the purpose.

You can simply right click on the Channel to which you would like to send a broadcast message and left click "send message".  This will allow you to send a message to everyone in the channel.  This works for individual users as well.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
What about making one of the Bytemaster/Toast/Stan/other iii staff Q&A / hangout sessions on a day on the weekend around noon or a bit later so that people from Europe and Asia (for Asia in the morning and for Europe in the evening) also have a chance to join in?

Offline toast

• View Profile
Sorry I missed it...

You speak to only whoever is in your exact room "node". We need to just have like, 2 rooms, not a huge tree
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I haven't used mumble.  I am having a problem figuring out how to broadcast ?

It is hierarchical, with "BeyondBitcoin" at the top.  I do not know if I send messages to BeyondBitcoin if they are broadcast to everyone etc ?

All those rooms add to the confusion of it a bit.

I can hear bytemaster, but I do not know what room to type in for the meeting aspect ?  I can send him messages directly, but that defeats the purpose.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Any idea why I cant get to the web address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It requires that you download the mumble program.  It is not a web/html service.

If this doesn't help, you need to tell us what address isn't working.
I speak for myself and only myself.

bitbro

Any idea why I cant get to the web address?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline toast

• View Profile
I will arrive about 35 minutes late

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

For more information check here:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4150.0

Please configure Mumble for push to talk before you join.

We will be taking questions from the community and keeping people up to date on status.

Please also check the recent schedule in Beyond Bitcoin (BTS) board:

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=58.0
« Last Edit: December 04, 2014, 08:40:11 pm by bitsapphire »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.