Author Topic: Discrediting Potentials of Bitshare  (Read 1981 times)

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Some guys were using airdrop to market bitshare. But I have vehemently rejected the idea. And now the faucet thing springs up. Again that is a big no for me.

Jwiz step up w some ideas then bud.  You are acting like your "no" is more important than other investors pov. I encourage you to think in terms of Bts aiming to yield maximum value in the future because if we can't get off the ground by marketing, how on earth will we get off the ground.  What is your background and education?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ideas are for dev and marketing directors. I'm merely reacted as investor valuing bitshare. FAUCETS and AIRDROPS are distractions to the well funded bitshare ecosystem.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Is this FUD? I thought we made clear that Bitshares and anything else already beyond the snapshot phase isn't going to be airdropped.

If people want to donate their own Bitshares to make a faucet it's their money to do it. If they want to set up a mining pool for example which pays out in Bitshares and use some percentage of the profit of the pool as a faucet they can do this.

But I think it would be better to use that to randomly give jackpots to people mining on the pool. Considering the amount of effort some of us had to go through to get the Bitshares we have, we don't think it's the sort of thing to be given away as it's not designed for faucets.

But I think you do want to give away or airdrop DACs which have not had their snapshot yet. So any alternative DAC developers, you should be offering the airdrops here. The ideal way though would be somehow to give out some version of AGS so that more network effect goes into securing the social consensus.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

bitbro

Some guys were using airdrop to market bitshare. But I have vehemently rejected the idea. And now the faucet thing springs up. Again that is a big no for me.

Jwiz step up w some ideas then bud.  You are acting like your "no" is more important than other investors pov. I encourage you to think in terms of Bts aiming to yield maximum value in the future because if we can't get off the ground by marketing, how on earth will we get off the ground.  What is your background and education?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bytemaster

Avoiding giving people something for nothing is generally a principle I think is most sound. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

BTSX has been 100% allocated, no air drop is possible for it.   

« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 10:26:17 pm by bytemaster »
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Bitshare comes with value and service. Those are the function of a great network application. Fast, secure, efficient and decentralized are the characteristic we are longing for in a transaction over the Internet. An old man's saying ... a delicious apple is keep on getting stoned for it to drop from the tree. Stones were Airdropping and just recently faucets. Those ideas were being raised upon the desire of investors of Bitcoin would have stake at Bitshares even if it has no investment at all.They must have missed the Feb 28 snapshot. One thing I would emphasize ... wait for another bus. Get in line with investments. Never think that bitcoin holders have privileges due to its premium value. Stop making bitshare the target of rideon tactics. Because the bus has already left. 
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:58:01 pm by jwiz168 »