Author Topic: Blackshares, can it be done? Is it in our mutual benefit? Brainstorm here  (Read 14640 times)

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Dialog bellow from the Blackcoin community

If you want to kill BlackCoin, then merge with a stupid meme based coin like Doge. It will never be taken seriously as a form of currency it will forever be a gimmick.

I thought I was the only one who thought it was a horrendous idea.  Glad to see I'm not alone.

Would be too complex of a change to do and rollout to everyone anyways.. doubt this *can* happen.

The beautiful thing is that Blackdoge wouldn't actually require a change to BC or to DOGE.  It would be a completely new PoS coin but the initial distribution of coins would be based on each users holdings in DOGE and BC at widely-telegraphed point in the future.  Each user could claim their share of the premine for free using the private keys they already hold.  Users from DOGE and BC that do nothing automatically get piggybacked to Blackdoge.  If Blackdoge fails, no one loses.  If Blackdoge succeeds, both communities win because you've just made your coin more useful. 

This would be the first cryptocurrency blockchain merger in the world's history and would make the news all over the world!  In fact, it would probably go down in the history books.  Why would having a larger user base be a bad thing?

Thinks about your potential slogan.  Blackdoge: meaner, faster, pure proof of stake.  The future of cryptocurrency.

I think we could do better than "Blackdoge". Blackshares could be the name of a project to create an economic alliance between the Blackcoin community and Bitshares community.

I think these strategic alliances must be formed but it's a matter of how technically feasible it is to do it. If you're a supporter of forming a strategic alliance with the Blackcoin community this is the official thread for brainstorming.

Some suggested methods/tools on the table include

1. An airdrop of some kind of AGS and/or third party DAC shares onto the Blackcoin blockchain just as was done with Protoshares.

2. Hybrid multipool which mines profitable altcoins and gives a 50/50 payout in Bitshares and Blackcoin. This would distribute both in such a way that the users of this pool would obtain an equal stake in each community. The result would be resistance to forks as the network effect grows for both communities.

3. Airdrop into Keyhotee, put the Blackcoin wallet into Keyhotee and do the multipool in such a way that mining is built into Keyhotee. The payouts would be in Bitshares (Blackcoin community can negotiate to get Blackcoin put into Keyhotee and make it hybrid). This is of benefit because it strategically markets Keyhotee, Blackcoin and Bitshares.

These are the three ideas I could come up with. Since this is a brainstorm thread I'm asking the most creative problem solvers of the community to come up with some ideas to make this possible and list them here. I'm also asking for the technically inclined to offer some technical way to engineer it into reality.

« Last Edit: April 17, 2014, 02:37:20 am by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads