Author Topic: Would MMC be interested in sponsoring an athlete?  (Read 3430 times)

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Hey everybody who hasn't switched over to MMC-Square, I'm posting updates on my training over at https://www.mmc-square.com/biophils-race-for-success/29/introducing-myself/81/msg395#msg395.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
Biophil,
After some consideration and changes in our team, and because of your low cost of living expenses, I may be able to consider a deal with you.

Please PM me for negotiations.

Well, fantastic! PMing you now.

Thanks
We'll be continuing this on mmc-square.

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Biophil,
After some consideration and changes in our team, and because of your low cost of living expenses, I may be able to consider a deal with you.

Well, fantastic! PMing you now.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
Biophil,

« Last Edit: April 07, 2014, 12:27:16 am by Delinquency »

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Hi tomorrow, thanks for the interest! I totally understand. Good luck getting that price up! :)

Offline tomorrow

• View Profile
Hi Nash, the idea is interesting. I have left around 5kMMC funds for myself and future expenses, around $160 at the current price.. So I would say it will be more interesting when MMC has higher price. ::)
Vote for seraphim to lead a team of supporters as MMC CSO
Send 0.00000001 to MVTEcsoL9GvfezMUgEDnhr7ioRAsByuTAv

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Hello, MMC community!

I was out running today and I had a bit of a brainstorm. I imagine that you guys are always on the lookout for interesting marketing opportunities, and MMC was the first coin that really caught my attention when I first started getting into altcoins, so I thought I'd ask if you'd be interested in this before I went around to anybody else.

I'm training for a 50-mile (80 km) running race that takes place in August: https://www.joingecko.org/info.asp?uid=310. I've had some setbacks due to an injury I sustained back in September, but I've been in therapy and in the past month I've been able to get back into a strong training routine. Due to the setback, I might actually run the 50-km race instead of the 50-mile. In either case, I'm confident that I'll be there on race day and that I'll run one of the ultra-marathon distances.

I was out running today, and it occurred to me that some coin (MemoryCoin was my first thought) might benefit from sponsoring my run. I have a few small expenses from the run: shoes (I need a new pair every couple months, they cost ~$110/pair), extra food (I don't know; maybe $20/week?) and race registration ($100). I'd love to offer my body as a moving billboard for MemoryCoin in exchange for MMC paying some of my expenses!

What's in it for MMC: I live in the Boulder, CO, USA area, and so far I've done almost all my running in town. Boulder is a community that spans all socio-economic strata of American life: we have everybody from hippies playing guitar on the street corner to silicon-valley software startup types. By the peak of my training in July, I expect to be running in and around Boulder approximately 8 hours per week. My idea is that I'd commit to wearing an MMC-branded T-shirt for all of my training, as well as on race day. This would provide exposure of the MMC logo to hundreds of people. In addition, MMC would be able to promote themselves as a community that sponsors high-endurance athletes like myself.

I wear a GPS watch for all my training that tracks my routes and distances, so I could run a blog where I'd keep my supporters updated on my training progress and maybe I'd show maps of where I've been running. Really, I'd provide whatever information MMC wants in order to justify your sponsorship - I'm not trying to just grab a bunch of money if it's not worth it for my sponsor.

What's in it for me: I love long distance running, I'm infatuated with crypto-equities, and this looks like a cool opportunity to promote both while offsetting some of my personal costs.

Well, what do you all think? If my calculations are right, it looks like it would take about 2 days-worth of all combined officer salaries to buy me a pair of shoes or pay my race registration fee. Does the MMC community think that money would be well-spent?