Author Topic: Bitshares PinBall  (Read 4057 times)

Offline JoeyD

Pimpshares talking about DICs.

Soon this forum will be rated R and discussing only adult topics  ;D.

Offline Pimpshares.com

• View Profile
I suppose so... I need a new term for DACs that add value because they manage to create new incentive structures. The improvement you suggested is essentially just cutting costs for the same incentive setup

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Apologies in advance for this. How about Decentralized Incentivized Corporations, aka DICs?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Yes but does it actually utilize distributed consensus in some way other than buying/selling tickets? For lotto there is value in having a provably random number and from being able to reallocate value in a way that can't be done without huge overhead.

What advantage would these games have over being done in a centralized manner? What value does the blockchain add?

There *is* a fundamental reason lotto is a good dac idea while rock-paper-scissors is not.

I understand your points toast, but my gut is also telling me that a blockchain based pinball or other virtual game would add to the DAC space and give people additional opportunities to use technologies of their own investment.  Is the blockchain really not a value-add to PinBall if it brings PinBall to the DAC space and marketplace?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Matter of time before businesses that are not 100% blockchain-based start to use the concepts.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
 ;) maybe we can implement a bouncing ball algorithm in a blockchain and try to not visualize it as complex as a pinball game.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I suppose so... I need a new term for DACs that add value because they manage to create new incentive structures. The improvement you suggested is essentially just cutting costs for the same incentive setup

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I don't really see any grand distinction here between other lotto games.  It is just picking #s and distributions.

However, there is something interesting about the visual aspect of actually having a ball bounce across a feed of numbers off the blockchain.

Roulette... plinko..

I think integrating the blockchain into games in a visual way to be very appealing as it helps people feel a bit more comfortable what is going on.

I can't see anyone making something that resembles a real pinball game very closely.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Like I mentioned blockchain may generate designated numbers randomly. Being generated to each ticket holder (pinball). Once the game is on, blockchain will release a series of RNG with corresponding points from 10 to 1000. Just an illustration, if the RNG from blockchain has a value  that matches with designated number's unique key, it will get the points. Until the two minute mark is over . Then the highest accumulated points of a designated number receives the 50% prize pot. 50% will be distributed to the stock holders.

bitbro

Yes but does it actually utilize distributed consensus in some way other than buying/selling tickets? For lotto there is value in having a provably random number and from being able to reallocate value in a way that can't be done without huge overhead.

What advantage would these games have over being done in a centralized manner? What value does the blockchain add?

There *is* a fundamental reason lotto is a good dac idea while rock-paper-scissors is not.

I understand your points toast, but my gut is also telling me that a blockchain based pinball or other virtual game would add to the DAC space and give people additional opportunities to use technologies of their own investment.  Is the blockchain really not a value-add to PinBall if it brings PinBall to the DAC space and marketplace?

Offline toast

• View Profile

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
The concept maybe similar to bitshare bingo . People will buy Pinball cards.  The way you guys may design the bingo/lotto will be patterned by this DAC. It is just a matter of adjusting it mechanics.

Offline toast

• View Profile
How is this a DAC? I'm having trouble understanding the role of the blockchain here, is it just to keep score?
Why couldn't this work as a centralized service?

bitbro

I like this idea. It bring me to a question.  Any virtual game that's pay-to-play would be a potential BitShares DAC, yes?

For instance BitShares FarmVille..

Or BitShares BigBuckHunter

BitShares PacMan

« Last Edit: April 19, 2014, 03:14:24 pm by bitbro »

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
What's the points' definition? How are they accumulated? some match level to the designated ball?

Try to visualize the designated ball virtually hitting a randomize generated number  by the blockchain with corresponding points 10 would be the lowest and 1000 the highest. Once hit, the points will  be added to the current score of designated ball . Once the two-minute is out or if the designated ball hits a pitfall 3 times that is the time when accumulated points will be the final points of the designated ball.

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
What's the points' definition? How are they accumulated? some match level to the designated ball?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
I got an idea for bitshare gaming dac.  Maybe it will go a little something like this. Random balls generated by blockchain will be designated to each player. Once the game begins blockchain will generate targets with corresponding points and after  2 minutes of hits and misses winner will be determined via highest points accumulated by one of the designated ball .