Author Topic: Please stop AGS Bid!  (Read 9397 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Changing the rule is out of question. What I think is that at least we need one more snapshot of DAC prior the end of the donations. First was Bitshares XT, but where are the others. Why you made BitShares XT snapshot in the first place?? We are waiting for BitShares Music, Bingo, Votes, Domains... that was the promise.

We issued grants to independent DAC developers so that many of these could get running in parallel.  Those developers have been working and most are joining us in June so everyone can work together.

Each DAC will develop at its own rate, but the new DPOS toolkit should accelerate everybody's progress.

The XT snapshot was made before we discovered some  security flaws that had to be fixed.  This sent us back to the lab for another cycle of invention, debate, refinement, documentation, implementation and testing.  We are now in testing and it is looking good.

Net effect:  many things will break loose once the DPOS toolkit is validated and people see the tsunami of DACs starting to build.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 01:28:42 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline gaba

• View Profile
Changing the rule is out of question. What I think is that at least we need one more snapshot of DAC prior the end of the donations. First was Bitshares XT, but where are the others. Why you made BitShares XT snapshot in the first place?? We are waiting for BitShares Music, Bingo, Votes, Domains... that was the promise.

Offline cc5alive

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cc
To change the rules now would be far more detrimental than maintaining them.  Invictus is honoring their original claims... anything else would make them less reputable.  As Stan said, "May the best strategy win!"

Offline oco101

• View Profile
Invictus needs to not change the deal again.

Do you really believe that every suggestion a member makes will change invictus businesses plan ???

-5%   from me

I've said AGS were a bad move since before they were introduced.  Should have just set up a roadmap with goals and asked PTS holders to donate in support of specific projects and objectives.

I'm not sure what you're talking about re: members, I'm talking about the proposal of this thread which is to change how Angelshares are handled now almost halfway through the program.  Yes, I think if the initiative were enacted as described by the OP it would be changing the deal, that seems pretty obvious.

You still keep saying the AGS it was a bad idea. Let's review some facts.
I bought some PTS  beginning of December 2013 and at the time I paid about 20 $ or so(maybe more or less) from guys that did not give a flying shit about DAC or Bitshares. See those guys they bought them (or mined them for free) a 1$ and they where making 20 X more very nice right ?

I'm pretty sure you believed in Bitshares, and your are a visionary  but you bought your PTS at 1$. We, the believers that came just two short weeks too late, we had to pay 20x more then whatever you paid.

After buying PTS I decided to mine the PTS on Amazon it just did't felt right for me to give money to those scalpers on exchanges Then Bytemaster came up with this BRILLIANT idea called  AGS witch just change the status quo of mining.This was new innovative and vibrant new look at crowd-funding DONATION AND just give a chance to everybody(pts holders too) to take part on this dream. Why should I pay Amazon or those pumpers dumpers on exchanges, when I can just DONATE those friggin money directly to 3I to use it to build a stronger team to go on with the vision?  Ahhh but wait ...what about those PTS holders(I was one of them BTW)? Now all you Bill Gates fortune dreams are going away ? 
Adam the only arguments that you ever brought against AGS it was : 3I should never change the deal.... That it!!! Well sorry but this is not enough. You propositions to give PTS to specific projects is very good but only for you, because you have a lot of PTS and only a few could have participated. How about the other that came in 2 months  late ?
 I don't care about the PTS that i bought at 20$ or more, even though  it lost value ever since and  now I can have them at 4$. Why ? Because AGS give a better deal for everybody especially  long term. Even if I loose my money well at least the ideas that 3i brought will stay forever and this is priceless to me.
One think is is not clear to me, do you still believe in Bithsare IDEA or you just  like FUDing ? The AGS are here to stay get over it or just sell you PTS and move on !!!
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 06:21:27 pm by oco101 »

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
yesterday ags donation was f**king hurt me !

HOW?! How did yesterday's hurt you more than if someone donated 0.1 PTS total yesterday?! In fact, yesterdays HELPED you! You investment increased in equity with minimal dilution!
There is so much ignorance of basic finance/economics in this thread.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Everybody has known from the first day that there would be 2,000,000 AGS spread out over 200 days.  Everyone was free to develop their own strategy for how to play that game over the designated 200 rounds.  But we all must play by the same immutable rules.

May the best strategies win!

exactly. economics FTW. This is intro-level stuff. I really do not understand the arguments for stopping AGS. As an early investor, I do not at all see current AGS donations affecting my position since I got what I paid for and was told I would get - nothing more and nothing less. I will be stealing from people (and I3) if I campaigned to turn off AGS donations...
« Last Edit: April 21, 2014, 04:05:35 pm by maqifrnswa »
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline JoeyD

Do not stop the AGS donations and do not make another snapshot.  Everyone knew the deal from the beginning. This is coming from someone that would have more BTS if a new snapshot was taken.
+5%

Offline CalabiYau

Do not stop the AGS donations and do not make another snapshot.  Everyone knew the deal from the beginning. This is coming from someone that would have more BTS if a new snapshot was taken.

+5%

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

Offline JoeyD

I've said AGS were a bad move since before they were introduced.  Should have just set up a roadmap with goals and asked PTS holders to donate in support of specific projects and objectives.

I´ve noticed you making similar statements before and you may not have intended them for consumption by the general public, but it's a bit hard for people like me to follow these insider knowledge references. I only discovered bitshares after the ags-funding had started and I'm unfamiliar with all the discussions that went before. I tried looking through your post-history, but that didn't seem like an efficient way to figure out what you're talking about. Could you post some links to the discussion about the things you think are "bad" or went "wrong" so people like me can appreciate a bit more where the discontent is coming from.

I'm probably not the average investor and I donated to the AGS-fund knowing full well that this was a fundraising with no guarantees and was under the impression that in the best case scenario I would be getting far less than 50% in future bitshares DAC, plus I don't think the other bitshares projects are any less valuable or interesting as bitsharesX. In short I'm a bit confused about what is supposed to be the problem here. Also not releasing the bitsharesX on schedule because of security issues doesn't sound as bad as having to do that when it's up and running.

Funny thing I've noticed, is while you've mentioned pointing your audience to this project and feeling responsible, I only discovered your show, through projects like bitshares and you and your show being referenced on the forums.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

Do you really believe that every suggestion a member makes will change invictus businesses plan ???

-5%   from me

I'm not sure what you're talking about re: members, I'm talking about the proposal of this thread which is to change how Angelshares are handled now almost halfway through the program.  Yes, I think if the initiative were enacted as described by the OP it would be changing the deal, that seems pretty obvious.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

-5%   from me
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 10:00:33 pm by liondani »

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
lolz are people really lobbying for market manipulation here.
I'm also disappointed I didn't invest more in the early days to get in on bitsharesX at a low price and then save a lot for now when AGS is priced so low.
But we make the best decisions we can with the information we have at that time.

Perhaps a quote from Peter Lynch will sooth the pain (I'm paraphrasing): how too often todays mountains become tomorrows molehills, and the other way around.

Maybe in a few months getting an AGS for anything under $50 would be seen as an amazing bargain. If I bought BTC at the height of the 2013 bubble I would be a very happy man now.

Come now, lets not control 'money supply' and manipulate markets

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com