Author Topic: Is it too late to make changes to difficulty adjustment of PTS?  (Read 1450 times)

Offline bytemaster

The plan is to move it to DPOS
Is this official/semi-official?

It would be most efficient use of our time & resources and facilitate testing of infrastructure.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
It's not forgotten.  The plan is to move it to DPOS.  Any other fix to this would still require getting everyone to adopt the new fork, so hopefully we can live with the long block times until a final solution is available, rather than spending valuable dev time on a temporary solution and then still having to solve it again later to get rid of POW.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
PTS seem like the forgotten child… I am no expert but it is obvious that something is wrong with the way PTS adjusts its difficulty. Something must be wrong when blocks are supposed to be produced every 5 min and last night my transaction took more than 2 h. to go through … Not only mine though, a bunch of donation made good 2 h in advance of the end of the day deadline were credited as next day AGS donations because of that…
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.