Author Topic: descentralized forum based on blockchains?  (Read 4342 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I like what you're getting it... I'm not in the mood to discuss this at length right now but from my perspective the basic "input" mechanisms available to a blockchain are prediction markets and shareholder votes.

I think something like this needs to be a 2d reddit: one metric is *quality* and the other is *agree/disagree*. Have participants *trade towards consensus about quality* and *vote on agree/disagree*.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tipon

• View Profile
This keyhotee project is very interesting but its insufficient for generating forums without moderators.
We need also a mechanism that would allow to replace the functions that moderators do.

How to create a technological mechanism that would allow the community of participants of the forum to become a new super intelligent entity that perform complex tasks? making obsolete the necessity of moderators?

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Just watched a video from MaidSafe. They also solve the communication in one product. Really exciting stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
You can learn more about bitshare's Keyhotee project can allow communication that is more private and hard to censor:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pZaTdEtK-8

Offline tipon

• View Profile
Hi, im new with bitcoin.
I was thinking about the posibilities of using block chains for creating forums withouth centralized power.

Do you know if there is something like this outthere?

The problem i always see with many forums is that a very short group of people called moderators have the power for deleting messages or banning people and this is something very limitating for freedom of speech.
Moderators are always gonna have political ideologies and are gonna limitate points of view that are against their ideology.

In some latinoamerican countries there are laws that can put you in jail if you defend specific ideologies.
So, moderators are gonna delete different points of view,  so they become expression of the centralized power  and its  interests.

How to avoid this? is it possible to have a forum withouth moderators but instead make that the moderators are all the community in the forum?

Which mechanisms can be developed in order make the decisions of the descentralized community to be  "smart" and  to make sure that freedom of speech are not gonna be limitated  but instead critical thinking are gonna be promoted  ????

what do you think?

« Last Edit: April 23, 2014, 12:14:54 am by tipon »