Author Topic: A DAC is a Sovereign Co-op  (Read 17226 times)

Offline fuzzy

think of what swiss psychologist Carl Jung called “Synchronicity", is the experience of two or more events as meaningfully related, where they are unlikely to be causally related.

In dac,we are all connected through the meaning of blockchain,even though we are think every bid and offer we made was the result of random act.

+5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
EVERYTHING with an existing meaning is regulated... :(

Lets slice the Gordian Knot* in half, lets invent a new word and put the meaning we want in... in Greek it is easy... history has proove that!
And it is easy most times to get spelled naturaly internationally... because believe me "sovereign" is not easy to speak out from different countrys they don't speak English....

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gordian_Knot
  +5% agreed, better to use phonetically simple and newly formed words. No one new what WiFi, Paypal or Kleenix was or meant, now they are household words. Three word/letter acronyms are very IBM, ATT, EDS.. boo hiss

Edit: Alternatives to DAC  (I think DAC is starting to catch on so not much point in changing but...)

1. SOUL - Sanctuary of Unconquerable Liberty
2. SOIL  - Sanctuary of Incorruptible Liberty
3. HOL   - Haven of Liberty

Icon ideas

I like the idea of DAC icons being orbs with their own colour & symbol as each DAC is it's own planet in a way.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2014, 05:26:59 am by Empirical1 »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
If the DACs make money, then people will learn what a DAC means pretty quickly.

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio

Lets slice the Gordian Knot* in half, lets invent a new word and put the meaning we want in... in Greek it is easy... history has proove that!
And it is easy most times to get spelled naturaly internationally... because believe me "sovereign" is not easy to speak out from different countrys they don't speak English....

+5% agreed, better to use phonetically simple and newly formed words. No one new what WiFi, Paypal or Kleenix was or meant, now they are household words. Three word/letter acronyms are very IBM, ATT, EDS.. boo hiss
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline unimercio

• View Profile
  +5% precisely... lets beat our own path, create our own terms and terminology!  If it's fair, works fine and last long time?  Who cares, the rest is semantics and pot holes.  8)

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 09:53:15 pm by liondani »

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline unimercio

• View Profile

What we are without using regulatory red flag labels (credit union, coop, bank, IPO, etc..)

How is "coop" a red flag label ?

I also would've guessed it was not regulated, but it is:

http://www.sba.gov/content/cooperative   :o

« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 08:46:13 pm by unimercio »

Offline bytemaster

Yes Co-op is a better description than corporation or just company.

Sovereign in terms of making owners sovereign over their assets works too. I sometimes read pieces that originated from sovereignman.com who have applied sovereign in a similar way.

Sovereign Man is an intelligence service that brings you rational solutions to protect your life, liberty and pursuit of happiness against bankrupt governments and a financial system in terminal decline 

Learn how to diversify your life and assets geographically so that no government has power over you, and open doors to new opportunities for financial security and prosperity. 

Oh god I can already hear the impatient among us saying "who cares what you call it? just release it already!!!  AAAAARGH! *rips eyes out*"

I agree co-op is more appropriate, but maybe use company or corporarion for some while the charity DACs can be coops

"who cares what  you call it?"  == Brian Page  & Marketing & Legal &....   obviously we should spend time debating this that interfeers with coding :)..... but when my brain is too fried to code it is entertaining and helps to explain to people.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Yes Co-op is a better description than corporation or just company.

Sovereign in terms of making owners sovereign over their assets works too. I sometimes read pieces that originated from sovereignman.com who have applied sovereign in a similar way.

Sovereign Man is an intelligence service that brings you rational solutions to protect your life, liberty and pursuit of happiness against bankrupt governments and a financial system in terminal decline 

Learn how to diversify your life and assets geographically so that no government has power over you, and open doors to new opportunities for financial security and prosperity. 

Oh god I can already hear the impatient among us saying "who cares what you call it? just release it already!!!  AAAAARGH! *rips eyes out*"

I agree co-op is more appropriate, but maybe use company or corporarion for some while the charity DACs can be coops
« Last Edit: April 24, 2014, 07:55:52 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile

What we are without using regulatory red flag labels (credit union, coop, bank, IPO, etc..)

How is "coop" a red flag label ?

I think I prefer cooperative over corporation, but I am not sure.  Trying to fit Bitshares into either corporation of coop is a bit of a stretch for just about everyone. 

Measuring how effective each term is in metaphors likely directly relates to one's political leanings and little else.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo
'A consortium is an association of two or more individuals, companies, organizations or governments (or any combination of these entities) with the objective of participating in a common activity or pooling their resources for achieving a common goal.

Consortium is a Latin word, meaning "partnership", "association" or "society" and derives from consors 'partner', itself from con- 'together' and sors 'fate', meaning owner of means or comrade.' Wikipedia

Distributed Autonomous Consortium

(or Distributed Autonomous Consentium)

To my mind;

We could be described as a Consortium of distributed innovators and investors seeking to improve upon Satoshi Nakamoto's brilliant networked trust invention.  In so doing, we hope to disrupt inefficient and corrupt centralized systems for both profit and the hope of building a fairer society.

How will society become fairer?  Accountability, transparency and therefore trust will be reintroduced to our businesses and governance.  This will have the knock-on effect of re-introducing fairness or a sense of justice.  Also, individuals will gain additional sovereignty over their capital. 

Offline unimercio

• View Profile

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads