Author Topic: Questions about Bitshares X  (Read 940 times)

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
1.  Not currently.  Although there has been talk of implementing an annual fee type of system since some really smart people started registering every name they could think of.

2.  If by individual accounts you mean registered accounts, then the answer is currently no.  Although answer to 1 above may provide some relief in this case at some point.  If you mean local contact accounts, then yes, those are removable.

3.  I don't plan to do either.  I am sure Dacsunlimited will release a tutorial on importing balances from PTS/AGS at some point.  I would be shocked to see an official walkthrough on leasing names, as I don't think this is behavior anyone wants to promote.

4.  Ultimately fees of a transaction included in a block are set by the delegate that produces that block.   They could decide to accept all transactions regardless of fee, only transactions with standard fees, or even only transactions with higher fees.  The fee you broadcast is set by your client.  My personal guess is that delegates will not be picky about fee rates until the cost of generating blocks passes the income that can be derived from it.  At that point you may see delegates drop the cheapskate transactions to make sure they include the good transactions in a timely manner.

5.  I have no idea man.  I would guess that 4 applies,  but could be wrong about that.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Rod

• View Profile
I realize this has probably been posted to other parts of the site and I have done my best to answer as many of my own that I could find. Here is the list of questions that I still have however:

1.) Do account names ever expire (and if so how long does this take)?

2.) Is it possible to remove individual accounts?

3.) Do you plan to put together a tutorial on how to transfer private keys with Bitshares X and a
walkthrough of how to temporarily lease names to other people?

4.) Will the transaction fee for Bitshares X be static at .1 or will it eventually float?

5.) Will market-pegged asset trading cost much more than sending transactions and will that fee float?

Thanks again, great job development team by the way  +5%