Author Topic: Mumble Server Issues?  (Read 1810 times)

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I will be setting Dan as "Priority Speaker" from now on during the sessions, which is supposed to fix this problem.  I think we'll see if that works, but if not I will definitely be taking your advice into consideration.

Sounds good.

Offline fuzzy

I will be setting Dan as "Priority Speaker" from now on during the sessions, which is supposed to fix this problem.  I think we'll see if that works, but if not I will definitely be taking your advice into consideration. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Part of the problem is that there is no polished solo test feature like in skype.  So unless people get on earlier and do a 'test test test' type call and get someone's feedback, they might run into issues when they decide to speak.  Bytemaster was fine the first time, but on the third try it took him several minutes to get something corrected.  You'd need to work with speakers ahead of time I think.

The other thing is that you might wish to tell people to mute themselves/push to talk. Make it VERY clear when you announce so you don't get people joining with instant feedback.

Also, if the person is speaking much, they should turn off that typed chat -> voice synth.  It might be ok in some situations, but it should not be on as a default.  It throws off the person talking when they start hearing Robby the Robot talking over them.  The typed chat should not be intrusive to the main speakers. 
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline fuzzy

All worked fine from this side. Only thing I needed to figure out was that I have to join into a Room to be able to talk ..
Besides that I used the android app which worked very well!

BM made a good point that we need to ensure the QoS is good enough to start bringing in other speakers for larger conferences and that there are some bugs that require fixing before we bring it to the "big leagues" so to speak. 

Thanks for the input man.  We need more of it!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
All worked fine from this side. Only thing I needed to figure out was that I have to join into a Room to be able to talk ..
Besides that I used the android app which worked very well!

Offline fuzzy

If you are having any issues with setting up, using or QoS with the Mumble Server, please post it here.