Author Topic: Testing BitShares XT Launch...  (Read 43153 times)

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline zhangweis

• View Profile
send 154321 with 100000 fee? isn't the transfer fee too high?

I think the unit here is satoshi as the amount is of int64_t type. So 100000 is 0.01 but it's still higher than BTC as it's currently about 0.0001. If we consider the price of BTS compared with BTC, 0.01 is fine for the moment.
Weibo:http://weibo.com/zhangweis

Offline bytemaster

That was a dust transaction and the wallet was set to use the same fee as bitcoin.   Much higher than the min required which was just 150.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline crazybit

I have working DPOS chain with instructions here: http://bitshares.org/documentation/group__dpos__manual__testing.html

This is working with full P2P mode, DPOS delegates producing blocks, and the new level_db based wallet....

I will be refining this a tad further and keep you all posted on when we can resume the test.

+5%
Plan to test it this weekend

I have updated the testing instructions here: http://bitshares.org/documentation/group__dpos__manual__testing.html

Primary changes are in the API usage and wallet management.    The primary goal is to get people away from sending to an 'address' and instead sending to an 'account' where the account is a hierarchal key.  Every time you send to an account it will use a different public key (address) and eventually this will allow automation of privacy enhancing transactions.   

We have also extended the API / implemented more of it.   See info here:
Code: [Select]
blockchain_get_block <block_hash>                                       Retrieves the block header for the given block hash
blockchain_get_block_by_number <block_number>                           Retrieves the block header for the given block number
blockchain_get_blockcount                                               Returns the number of blocks in the longest block chain.
blockchain_get_blockhash <block_num>                                    Returns hash of block in best-block-chain at index provided..
blockchain_get_delegates [first] [count]                                Returns the list of delegates sorted by vote
blockchain_get_name_record <name>                                       Retrieves the name record
blockchain_get_names [first] [count]                                    Returns the list of reserved names sorted alphabetically
blockchain_get_transaction <transaction_id>                             Get detailed information about an in-wallet transaction
get_info                                                                Provides common data, such as balance, block count, connections, and lock time
help [command]                                                          Lists commands or detailed help for specified command.
network_add_node <node> <command>                                       Attempts add or remove <node> from the peer list or try a connection to <node> once
network_get_connection_count                                            Returns the number of connections to other nodes.
network_get_peer_info                                                   Returns data about each connected node.
stop                                                                    Stop BitShares server
validate_address <address>                                              Return information about given BitShares address.
wallet_close                                                            Closes the curent wallet if one is open.
wallet_create <wallet_name> <password>                                  Opens the wallet of the given name
wallet_create_receive_account <account_name>                            Add new account for receiving payments
wallet_create_sending_account <account_name> <account_key>              Add new account for sending payments
wallet_get_account <account_name>                                       Lists all foreign addresses and their labels associated with this wallet
wallet_get_balance [account_name] [minconf] [asset]                     Returns the wallet's current balance
wallet_get_name                                                         Returns the wallet name passed to wallet_open
wallet_get_transaction_history [count]                                  Retrieves all transactions into or out of this wallet.
wallet_import_bitcoin <filename> <password>                             Import a BTC/PTS wallet
wallet_import_private_key <key> [account_name] [wallet_rescan_blockchain]   Import a BTC/PTS private key in wallet import format (WIF)
wallet_list_receive_accounts [start] [count]                            Lists all foreign addresses and their labels associated with this wallet
wallet_list_reserved_names [account_name]                               Lists all reserved names controlled by this wallet, filtered by account.
wallet_list_sending_accounts [start] [count]                            Lists all foreign addresses and their labels associated with this wallet
wallet_lock                                                             Lock the private keys in wallet, disables spending commands until unlocked
wallet_open <wallet_name> <password>                                    Opens the wallet of the given name
wallet_open_file <wallet_file> <password>                               Opens the wallet at the given path.
wallet_register_delegate <name> <data>                                  Registeres a delegate to be voted upon by shareholders.
wallet_rename_account <current_account_name> <new_account_name>         Lists all reserved names controlled by this wallet, filtered by account.
wallet_rescan_blockchain [starting_block]                               Rescan the block chain from the given block
wallet_rescan_blockchain_state                                          Rescans the genesis block and state (not the transactions)
wallet_reserve_name <name> <data>                                       Retrieves the name record
wallet_transfer <amount> <sending_account_name> [invoice_memo] [from_account] [asset_id]   Sends given amount to the given address, assumes shares in DAC
wallet_unlock <spending_pass> <timeout>                                 Unlock the private keys in the wallet to enable spending operations

If you are curious about the new transaction structure you can view an example json dump here:
{
           "expiration": null,
           "delegate_id": null,
           "operations": [{
               "type": "withdraw_op_type",
               "data": {
                 "balance_id": "XTSKh6JP6QzMmeUmmK1T16gxgadrJ547ocGT",
                 "amount": 154321,
                 "claim_input_data": ""
               }
             },{
               "type": "deposit_op_type",
                 "amount": 54321,
                 "condition": {
                   "asset_id": 0,
                   "delegate_id": 8,
                   "condition": "withdraw_signature_type",
                     "owner": "XTSAg5YxD9reTXr5iQWBZEJrLzzMxMxvnFhy"
                   }
                 }
               }
             }
           ],
           "signatures": [
             "2028da68efe2696ab7895e86c1b35affbb7cd1b71d8f33124fe81ad785ace3ed55226e0e622098b9c45f8660801b4b929556102c3da549d887c5da99262b5c6275"
           ]
}

As you can see this transaction is entirely human readable outside the context of the blockchain,  it is transferring 154321 from XTSKh6JP6QzMmeUmmK1T16gxgadrJ547ocGT and sending 54321  to XTSAg5YxD9reTXr5iQWBZEJrLzzMxMxvnFhy while paying a fee of 100000.

send 154321 with 100000 fee? isn't the transfer fee too high?

Offline bytemaster

I have working DPOS chain with instructions here: http://bitshares.org/documentation/group__dpos__manual__testing.html

This is working with full P2P mode, DPOS delegates producing blocks, and the new level_db based wallet....

I will be refining this a tad further and keep you all posted on when we can resume the test.

+5%

I have updated the testing instructions here: http://bitshares.org/documentation/group__dpos__manual__testing.html

Primary changes are in the API usage and wallet management.    The primary goal is to get people away from sending to an 'address' and instead sending to an 'account' where the account is a hierarchal key.  Every time you send to an account it will use a different public key (address) and eventually this will allow automation of privacy enhancing transactions.   

We have also extended the API / implemented more of it.   See info here:
blockchain_get_block <block_hash>                                       Retrieves the block header for the given block hash
blockchain_get_block_by_number <block_number>                           Retrieves the block header for the given block number
blockchain_get_blockcount                                               Returns the number of blocks in the longest block chain.
blockchain_get_blockhash <block_num>                                    Returns hash of block in best-block-chain at index provided..
blockchain_get_delegates [first] [count]                                Returns the list of delegates sorted by vote
blockchain_get_name_record <name>                                       Retrieves the name record
blockchain_get_names [first] [count]                                    Returns the list of reserved names sorted alphabetically
blockchain_get_transaction <transaction_id>                             Get detailed information about an in-wallet transaction
get_info                                                                Provides common data, such as balance, block count, connections, and lock time
help [command]                                                          Lists commands or detailed help for specified command.
network_add_node <node> <command>                                       Attempts add or remove <node> from the peer list or try a connection to <node> once
network_get_connection_count                                            Returns the number of connections to other nodes.
network_get_peer_info                                                   Returns data about each connected node.
stop                                                                    Stop BitShares server
validate_address <address>                                              Return information about given BitShares address.
wallet_close                                                            Closes the curent wallet if one is open.
wallet_create <wallet_name> <password>                                  Opens the wallet of the given name
wallet_create_receive_account <account_name>                            Add new account for receiving payments
wallet_create_sending_account <account_name> <account_key>              Add new account for sending payments
wallet_get_account <account_name>                                       Lists all foreign addresses and their labels associated with this wallet
wallet_get_balance [account_name] [minconf] [asset]                     Returns the wallet's current balance
wallet_get_name                                                         Returns the wallet name passed to wallet_open
wallet_get_transaction_history [count]                                  Retrieves all transactions into or out of this wallet.
wallet_import_bitcoin <filename> <password>                             Import a BTC/PTS wallet
wallet_import_private_key <key> [account_name] [wallet_rescan_blockchain]   Import a BTC/PTS private key in wallet import format (WIF)
wallet_list_receive_accounts [start] [count]                            Lists all foreign addresses and their labels associated with this wallet
wallet_list_reserved_names [account_name]                               Lists all reserved names controlled by this wallet, filtered by account.
wallet_list_sending_accounts [start] [count]                            Lists all foreign addresses and their labels associated with this wallet
wallet_lock                                                             Lock the private keys in wallet, disables spending commands until unlocked
wallet_open <wallet_name> <password>                                    Opens the wallet of the given name
wallet_open_file <wallet_file> <password>                               Opens the wallet at the given path.
wallet_register_delegate <name> <data>                                  Registeres a delegate to be voted upon by shareholders.
wallet_rename_account <current_account_name> <new_account_name>         Lists all reserved names controlled by this wallet, filtered by account.
wallet_rescan_blockchain [starting_block]                               Rescan the block chain from the given block
wallet_rescan_blockchain_state                                          Rescans the genesis block and state (not the transactions)
wallet_reserve_name <name> <data>                                       Retrieves the name record
wallet_transfer <amount> <sending_account_name> [invoice_memo] [from_account] [asset_id]   Sends given amount to the given address, assumes shares in DAC
wallet_unlock <spending_pass> <timeout>                                 Unlock the private keys in the wallet to enable spending operations

If you are curious about the new transaction structure you can view an example json dump here:
{
           "expiration": null,
           "delegate_id": null,
           "operations": [{
               "type": "withdraw_op_type",
                 "balance_id": "XTSKh6JP6QzMmeUmmK1T16gxgadrJ547ocGT",
                 "amount": 154321,
                 "claim_input_data": ""
               }
             },{
               "type": "deposit_op_type",
                 "amount": 54321,
                 "condition": {
                   "asset_id": 0,
                   "delegate_id": 8,
                   "condition": "withdraw_signature_type",
                     "owner": "XTSAg5YxD9reTXr5iQWBZEJrLzzMxMxvnFhy"
                   }
                 }
               }
             }
           ],
           "signatures": [
             "2028da68efe2696ab7895e86c1b35affbb7cd1b71d8f33124fe81ad785ace3ed55226e0e622098b9c45f8660801b4b929556102c3da549d887c5da99262b5c6275"
           ]
}

As you can see this transaction is entirely human readable outside the context of the blockchain,  it is transferring 154321 from XTSKh6JP6QzMmeUmmK1T16gxgadrJ547ocGT and sending 54321  to XTSAg5YxD9reTXr5iQWBZEJrLzzMxMxvnFhy while paying a fee of 100000. 

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1

+5%
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

+5%

Offline bytemaster

Offline gordonhucn

• View Profile
I downloaded the nightly build and try to open the wallet but it says that I'm missing MSVCP120.dll. Where can I get it?
Visual C++ Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio 2013
http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784

Offline Overthetop

come on guys -- this post is just for testing purposes of BitShares XT launch.

I know ... all of us can't wait to see it launched ... but pls if you test BitSharesXT client ... you're welcome to post here...
otherwise .. pls calm down & and show a little bit more  be patience ... delays etc. were discussed on many other posts...
i can understand your feelings about ... I can hardly expect launch also ... but we need to assist here not to complain...

Last said ... Good things come to those who wait.
Happy coding…

my 2 BTSXT
cass

Yes, since we have gone such far , let us keep going as usual .

We should go in a hurry but not in a rush.

« Last Edit: May 18, 2014, 04:38:34 am by Overthetop »
个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
come on guys -- this post is just for testing purposes of BitShares XT launch.

I know ... all of us can't wait to see it launched ... but pls if you test BitSharesXT client ... you're welcome to post here...
otherwise .. pls calm down & and show a little bit more  be patience ... delays etc. were discussed on many other posts...
i can understand your feelings about ... I can hardly expect launch also ... but we need to assist here not to complain...

Last said ... Good things come to those who wait.
Happy coding…

my 2 BTSXT
cass
« Last Edit: May 14, 2014, 10:11:28 am by cassiopaia »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Are you afraid that the Invictus team have lost access to calenders or what?
Or do you have another metric for measuring weeks, that start and end on wednesdays?
We're only halfway the "next" week and he did not write in "a" or "this" week, so your post is a week early.
Reading this made me LOL

Offline JoeyD

New test network with full DPOS + P2P connections will be out next week.

now Wednesday……
Are you afraid that the Invictus team have lost access to calenders or what?
Or do you have another metric for measuring weeks, that start and end on wednesdays?
We're only halfway the "next" week and he did not write in "a" or "this" week, so your post is a week early.

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
New test network with full DPOS + P2P connections will be out next week.

now Wednesday……

Offline cike

• View Profile
Is to use the Google translator, I am more optimistic, you can ignore what I said!
BTS:cike