Author Topic: Interview with Peter Shiff  (Read 4321 times)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
Personally, Im not much of a fan of Schiff, I mean predicting the 2008 recession was 50/50 either it happens or it doesn't so I don't see anything too special about that. He also kind of reminds me of Alex Jones, someone who has lots of viewers because they get you all worked up and fearful. If it bleeds it leads right? We are on the verge of an era of absolute abundance and this guy talks about financial collapse.

At any rate, if it helps get greater exposure I'm all for it. Someone who I think would be great for our community and would be a great venture capitalist is Marc Andreeson. Getting him educated and possibly interested in investing would get other mainstream high net worth individuals interested. That alone would generate mainstream coverage in my opinion.
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
We've tried before to get on Shiff's show, but it's not so easy.  Also on Keiser report.  These shows are more "dont call us, we'll call you".  Yes, I'm still doing interviews, and was talking with Michael Dean about getting on his show....he's just pushing my interview back since he already had lined up with Dan and Nicolai before I had spoken with him.  Spoke today with the guys from Money 20/20 and likely both me and Dan will speak there/do interviews.  High caliber event for sure.  B

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Give just ONE media guy a largish stake? Many together maybe....
Also "buy their support"? It might generate negative press and Peter Shiff if he was gifted a a stake in DACs could be forced to not support BTS to keep his reputation of not being buyable / coruptable.

You don't want to look like you're buying support even if that's how it's supposed to work. I think Peter Schiff along with many others should have a stake. So I favor the idea of strategic alliances but not with individuals, but with groups, teams, communities of people.

Who is Peter Schiff's team? Approach the people on his team who aren't millionaires already and offer them a stake. Peter Schiff being a millionaire doesn't need a large stake because if he really gets excited from a small stake he'll buy more.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Does the guy guy from freedomfeens know Shiff well?

I'll ask him when he interviews me next (this weekend)
+5 who knows who knows who

Offline bytemaster

I'll ask him when he interviews me next (this weekend)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

clout

No look up Peter Shiff. He's is an investment broker with $70 million net worth and has been speaking out about the impeding economic crisis at hand. He's created his own radio show that talks about these issues and he is one of the only economic analyst to predict the financial crisis of 2008. He'd be a good advocate for bitshares and he doesn't need to be 'bought'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Schiff

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Give just ONE media guy a largish stake? Many together maybe....
Also "buy their support"? It might generate negative press and Peter Shiff if he was gifted a a stake in DACs could be forced to not support BTS to keep his reputation of not being buyable / coruptable. 

clout

I agree, although I think that if Shiff knew about bitshares he'd put his own money up to buy that stake.

Offline bytemaster

Dan's still doing interviews... I don't see brian doing anymore interviews, not to say that he isn't. Nicolai and Dan are doing the interviews with freedomfeens. Peter shiff has a larger audience than freedomfeens and he makes appearances on mainstream news outlets all the time. He's one of the only people to predict the crash in 2008, he's one of the only austrian economist that is getting any sort of mainstream attention. He understands the need for alternative currencies other than fiat, and just like everyone else here understands that bitcoin isn't viable in the long run. Its not so much that he doesnt understand bitcoin, he's just waiting for something that is better than bitcoin and bitshares is obviously that. He'd be just as easily accessible as all these other libertarian radio stations, but if he were advocating for bitshares it would have more traction. All the interviews I'v seen have been with radio personalities that have no mainstream presence. I don't really care who does an interview with Peter Shiff I just think someone from the company needs to do it.

I think it would make sense to give someone like Shiff or freedomfeens a 'largish' initial stake in DACs for the media publicity it would buy to have their support.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

clout

Dan's still doing interviews... I don't see brian doing anymore interviews, not to say that he isn't. Nicolai and Dan are doing the interviews with freedomfeens. Peter shiff has a larger audience than freedomfeens and he makes appearances on mainstream news outlets all the time. He's one of the only people to predict the crash in 2008, he's one of the only austrian economist that is getting any sort of mainstream attention. He understands the need for alternative currencies other than fiat, and just like everyone else here understands that bitcoin isn't viable in the long run. Its not so much that he doesnt understand bitcoin, he's just waiting for something that is better than bitcoin and bitshares is obviously that. He'd be just as easily accessible as all these other libertarian radio stations, but if he were advocating for bitshares it would have more traction. All the interviews I'v seen have been with radio personalities that have no mainstream presence. I don't really care who does an interview with Peter Shiff I just think someone from the company needs to do it.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

I think there should be some effort for Dan to do an interview with Peter Shiff. They both seem cut from the same cloth in terms of their Austrian and libertarian views. Peter Shiff is getting more involved with the bitcoin and crypto currency debate and I think he would be easily approachable for an interview. He understands the banking system and how it has deviated from free market banking system we had before the federal reserve. In the following video he even articulates how a digital currency bank should operate (starting at 5:40) and it would be exactly the same as bitshares just backed by physical gold - he's a gold bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3v_7iHtyQk

I think Brian should do stuff like that. He's the marketing guy and should be the go to guy for interviews with people who will have a large audience of not so technical viewers.

If Peter Shiff can barely make sense of Bitcoin why would you want to throw him in with Dan? Consider the viewers who might just want Bitshares explained to them in simple language. In conclusion I think Dan should focus his time on writing code and let Brian focus on stuff like this.

Yup - personally agreed with this...Thats Brian Part , Dan should Code and delegate
Code section..
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I think there should be some effort for Dan to do an interview with Peter Shiff. They both seem cut from the same cloth in terms of their Austrian and libertarian views. Peter Shiff is getting more involved with the bitcoin and crypto currency debate and I think he would be easily approachable for an interview. He understands the banking system and how it has deviated from free market banking system we had before the federal reserve. In the following video he even articulates how a digital currency bank should operate (starting at 5:40) and it would be exactly the same as bitshares just backed by physical gold - he's a gold bug.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3v_7iHtyQk

I think Brian should do stuff like that. He's the marketing guy and should be the go to guy for interviews with people who will have a large audience of not so technical viewers.

If Peter Shiff can barely make sense of Bitcoin why would you want to throw him in with Dan? Consider the viewers who might just want Bitshares explained to them in simple language. In conclusion I think Dan should focus his time on writing code and let Brian focus on stuff like this.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads