Author Topic: Peershares website live  (Read 2443 times)

Offline fuzzy

So how many peercoins do u own? :P

not as much as many people do.  I'm not a big guy in this industry...mostly here for different reasons.  I have somewhere in the vicinity of 300 last I checked.

Each business using Peershares will have their own blockchain that is independent of all others. Blockchains can be secured cheaply and easily using Peercoin’s proof-of-stake, once the initial (issuer-controlled) shares has been generated using proof-of-work.

I imagine the POW sidechain distribution can be fixed pretty quickly... Otherwise not sure what to think except it seems like a natural progression from ME in the long term. Might be too long-term to be worth the development overhead? I have no idea what I'm talking about.

IIRC the POW part is simply the generation of the genesis block, which immediately contains all the shares you intend to issue. Beyond that it's pure POS.

I'm not quite sure how it compares to ME, but they do have an advantage in being backed by an existing, major currency with a big market cap and decent liquidity.

I'm invested in both Peercoin and AGS/PTS, so I'm hoping both turn out great :)

+5%
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline svk

Each business using Peershares will have their own blockchain that is independent of all others. Blockchains can be secured cheaply and easily using Peercoin’s proof-of-stake, once the initial (issuer-controlled) shares has been generated using proof-of-work.

I imagine the POW sidechain distribution can be fixed pretty quickly... Otherwise not sure what to think except it seems like a natural progression from ME in the long term. Might be too long-term to be worth the development overhead? I have no idea what I'm talking about.

IIRC the POW part is simply the generation of the genesis block, which immediately contains all the shares you intend to issue. Beyond that it's pure POS.

I'm not quite sure how it compares to ME, but they do have an advantage in being backed by an existing, major currency with a big market cap and decent liquidity.

I'm invested in both Peercoin and AGS/PTS, so I'm hoping both turn out great :)
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
So how many peercoins do u own? :P

Offline fuzzy

I have a pretty big stake (10% of my total investment) in Peercoin.  Lookin nice long term :)
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
http://peershares.net/
They are essentially at checkpoint "bitshares ME"... but with a few interesting twists

We are thrilled that so many people are eager to see us succeed. Because a business owner using Peershares must purchase Peercoins before he can distribute them as dividends, Peershares will certainly increase demand for Peercoins.

So, if you are looking to invest in the future success of Peershares, buying Peercoins is a worthwhile decision.

Right ok  ;)

Furthermore, we will not be accepting funding for the planned extension of Peershares that our team is working on. This venture will ultimately develop an extension of Peershareswhich will serve important unmet needs in the cryptoeconomy. The design of the system is complete similar to how the Peershares design is complete, although we are withholding details at this time in order to maintain our competitive advantage. What we would like to say about it is that because the core of the project is an extension and implementation of Peershares, our first step is funding the open source development of Peershares.

Scary.

Edit: a tasteless mix of sarcasm and seriousness... This project looks really good and we need to keep an eye on what they're doing.

If they have any good ideas we can use them. I actually was really involved with Peercoin, it's a good coin, very low inflation rate too.

I even have a business model with domain names set up. So maybe I'll give Peershares a try.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
http://peershares.net/
They are essentially at checkpoint "bitshares ME"... but with a few interesting twists

We are thrilled that so many people are eager to see us succeed. Because a business owner using Peershares must purchase Peercoins before he can distribute them as dividends, Peershares will certainly increase demand for Peercoins.

So, if you are looking to invest in the future success of Peershares, buying Peercoins is a worthwhile decision.

Right ok  ;)

Furthermore, we will not be accepting funding for the planned extension of Peershares that our team is working on. This venture will ultimately develop an extension of Peershareswhich will serve important unmet needs in the cryptoeconomy. The design of the system is complete similar to how the Peershares design is complete, although we are withholding details at this time in order to maintain our competitive advantage. What we would like to say about it is that because the core of the project is an extension and implementation of Peershares, our first step is funding the open source development of Peershares.

Scary.

Edit: a tasteless mix of sarcasm and seriousness... This project looks really good and we need to keep an eye on what they're doing.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.