Author Topic: toast's evolving long-term plans  (Read 5252 times)

Offline fuzzy

hard: bitshares_tooklit + PL theory = ProtoType (PTT)
    Ethereum competitor. Stealth mode!

You could call it Vaporeum.

Love it.  Absolutely priceless.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
warm-up: bitshares_toolkit + intermediate programming skills = DomainShares (DNS)
"easy": bitshares_toolkit + libzerocoin = ZeroShares (ZRS)
    https://github.com/Zerocoin/libzerocoin
medium: bitshares_toolkit + mental poker framework = PokerShares (MPF)
    http://www.dc.uba.ar/inv/tesis/licenciatura/2010/lerner
hard: bitshares_tooklit + PL theory = ProtoType (PTT)
    Ethereum competitor. Stealth mode!
legendary: bitshares_toolkit + crypto-under-crypto = Ultra (ULT)
    http://bitcoinmagazine.com/10055/cryptographic-code-obfuscation-decentralized-autonomous-organizations-huge-leap-forward/

Hopefully I can get the first two done during my current dev grant. Then I'll do an IPO for TOAST on btsME and work on the rest from a tropical island!

I think the crypto-under-crypto is technologically impossible. It doesn't provide any security advantage, only the illusion of it. It's security by obscurity. I don't think private keys would be safe if hidden this way and view it as a dead end path which Vitalik may have misunderstood to think can lead to something fruitful.

If Vitalik or if you can prove me and a lot of others wrong on this then more power to you. I'll be one of the first to congratulate you. At this time I remain skeptical because my understanding of it is that the bytecode cannot be hidden.

In my opinion the method of sending a program input and then analyzing it's output would defeat cryptographic code obfuscation. Some of the other plans you have are interesting and might lead somewhere.

http://eprint.iacr.org/2013/454.pdf

« Last Edit: April 27, 2014, 08:44:51 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I read from the newsletter that toast is joining I3 fulltime .
Is it permanent ? I mean, is it a long-term contract or he is only with I3 fulltime for as long as creating bitshares DNS takes?

Nothing in life is permanent, but toast has made the plunge into the crypto space full time and we are helping him make the transition to become an independent DAC developer with his own funding.

Worst case, toast will get some stories out of all this that will last a lifetime. Excellent move.

You always have the option of passing your days under fluorescent lights in someone else's cubicle later.

The opportunity to be in Storm Central during a technology gold rush comes along only rarely.

+5% so many rabbits to chase, it's nice to have a shotgun (AGS/PTS)

Winner:  Analogy of the day!

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Is it permanent ? I mean, is it a long-term contract or he is only with I3 fulltime for as long as creating bitshares DNS takes?

Nothing in life is permanent, but toast has made the plunge into the crypto space full time and we are helping him make the transition to become an independent DAC developer with his own funding.

+5% We could use a loaf, any siblings?   8)

In fullfilling my promise to get you better specs for your gracious offer to recruit talent for us, let me boil it down for you:

Bring Me Toasts.

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio

+5% We could use a loaf, any siblings?   8)
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline unimercio

• The opportunity of a lifetime comes by every 7 day
    • View Profile
    • Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)
  • BitShares: unimercio

Worst case, toast will get some stories out of all this that will last a lifetime. Excellent move.

You always have the option of passing your days under fluorescent lights in someone else's cubicle later.

The opportunity to be in Storm Central during a technology gold rush comes along only rarely.

+5% so many rabbits to chase, it's nice to have a shotgun (AGS/PTS)
Conscious Entrepreneurship Foundation (CEF)

Offline CWEvans

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Excellent news. Here's to Tropical Toast in the near future.

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
Sure. I knew permanent wasnt a right choice of word :)

But I hope toast could work on our side for long.

Offline bytemaster

For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile

Offline bytemaster

Then I'll do an IPO for TOAST on btsME and work on the rest from a tropical island!

I would invest in a Toast IPO.

Word to the wise, it is best not to mention IPO in the same sentence as plan to move to a tropical island...  some investors may question your intentions ;)
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Then I'll do an IPO for TOAST on btsME and work on the rest from a tropical island!

Toast, this should be like an "achievement unlocked" kind of thing for you: first person to say they'd pay for a share of your name. :)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Keep in mind that you can do lots of things with 10 million that you can't with 1 million, and lots more with 100 million that you can't with 10. Next BTC wave will likely hit in three months time, hopefully driven by BTC 2.0

So just keep up the badassery and take it to da next level 8)