Author Topic: A Conspiracy Theorist Vindicated:  (Read 13605 times)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
People here more than anywhere should understand that entities like GS are incentive structure systems and that 99% of humans just want to make some money and feel good about themselves. If you harass bank employees ex-bank-employees for what the banks do then I should be able to harass you for supporting ecological destruction or war with your purchasing habits.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:48:56 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline toast

• View Profile
mental note: never work for a bank if you don't want to be ostracized by crypto community. even if it frees you to work on crypto full-time afterwards.

It's one thing to work for a bank...and quite another to work for criminal enterprises that pose as "banks" because it gets them closest to the centralization of power they need to be above the law.  Goldman Sachs is one of the largest of these institutions and the fact that anyone from GS is a part of Ethereum should call them into question.

Wow really? GS has 30,000 employees, you're saying they should all have quit for moral reasons by now right? So when someone finally does you blacklist them and don't try to work with them...

Should I stop trying to recruit my friends from any big banks or hedge funds? Too late, they've joined the dark side and their programming and mathematics skills have become CORRUPT by the illuminati!
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Great Bad projects make the news not ask to be on it.
Lol, you really didn't think that remark through. Bad projects make the news a helluva lot more than good ones.

I agree with Charles. If Bitshares was making waves in crypto currency he couldn't ignore it. 
Bitshares could (I think will probably) be a tsunami, but the truth is it hasn't made any big waves yet.

Max Keiser:  I've already been working on trying to get Dan on Keiser's show for a few months now.  Its not easy to get ahold of Keiser and although Ethereum got on the show, I think in general Keiser's people had a hard time understanding Ethereum and perhaps for that reason aren't interested in any other next gen crytpto technologies like bitshares.  We're still working on several angles to get an interview on Keiser's show.

Actually that's not true at all. Max and Stacy love Ethereum and the bitcoin 2.0 space as a whole. Don't blame your inability to procure interviews on the knowledge of the interviewers. Great projects make the news not ask to be on it.

Very easy to get on big media outlets run by big money when you have "ex" "low level" Goldman Sachs advisers bro..  It isn't the people, but the network to which they

You do know Max Keiser is on RT? He is probably the biggest public nemesis of Goldman Sachs in the world and Russia is the main country standing against the petrodollar.

Not that I'm particularly against either, I just want free competition, but I think you're off base on that one.

I'd also suggest to be friendly with the ethereum guys and Charles in particular to invite them to be the friendly folks they are in the end. Ethereum is no direct competition to all the bitshares DACs anyway! Ethereum might be a good fit for a lot of little projects with no big funding and with a limited need to be competitive.
On that basis a constructive discussion including constructive criticism can take place. I also doubt the economic and social benefit of 'one chain for all' and POW but that should be discussed friendly and openly.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:19:56 pm by delulo »

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
I was listening to Howard Stern do an interview and started to hear Vitalik talk about Ethereum . I was like wtfs going on. So I switch back to YouTube and it is a 10 min ad .Thats a lot of dough advertising a open source project. Great or not that is a lot to compete with. 

It actually came on a second time during the interview .

Interesting. Do you know if that's targeted advertising based on your personal search history (you've probably watched crypto-currency vids) or is it generic for all people watching the interview?

mental note: never work for a bank if you don't want to be ostracized by crypto community. even if it frees you to work on crypto full-time afterwards.

It's one thing to work for a bank...and quite another to work for criminal enterprises that pose as "banks" because it gets them closest to the centralization of power they need to be above the law.  Goldman Sachs is one of the largest of these institutions and the fact that anyone from GS is a part of Ethereum should call them into question.  The moment these types of questions become unpopular is the moment the rest of society signs onto something that will inevitably become the world from which we currently are trying to evolve.

I thought you were complaining about Keiser's past/advisors.
Yeah I haven't been following Ethereum, but at the time I was I had the same concerns. I'd expect the TPTB to make a big play in this space with a 'one thing to rule them all' model which they would assist with favourable laws. Lately it's looking like that could just as easily be Bitcoin 2.0
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:20:17 pm by Empirical1 »

Offline fuzzy

It's one thing to work for a bank...and quite another to work for criminal enterprises that pose as "banks" because it gets them closest to the centralization of power they need to be above the law.  Goldman Sachs is one of the largest of these institutions and the fact that anyone from GS is a part of Ethereum should call them into question.  The moment these types of questions become unpopular is the moment the rest of society signs onto something that will inevitably become the world from which we currently are trying to evolve.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:11:41 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline gamey

• View Profile
I was listening to Howard Stern do an interview and started to hear Vitalik talk about Ethereum . I was like wtfs going on. So I switch back to YouTube and it is a 10 min ad .Thats a lot of dough advertising a open source project. Great or not that is a lot to compete with. 

It actually came on a second time during the interview .
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
Lol, you really didn't think that remark through. Bad projects make the news a helluva lot more than good ones.

I agree with Charles. If Bitshares was making waves in crypto currency he couldn't ignore it. 
Bitshares could (I think will probably) be a tsunami, but the truth is it hasn't made any big waves yet.

Max Keiser:  I've already been working on trying to get Dan on Keiser's show for a few months now.  Its not easy to get ahold of Keiser and although Ethereum got on the show, I think in general Keiser's people had a hard time understanding Ethereum and perhaps for that reason aren't interested in any other next gen crytpto technologies like bitshares.  We're still working on several angles to get an interview on Keiser's show.

Actually that's not true at all. Max and Stacy love Ethereum and the bitcoin 2.0 space as a whole. Don't blame your inability to procure interviews on the knowledge of the interviewers. Great projects make the news not ask to be on it.

Very easy to get on big media outlets run by big money when you have "ex" "low level" Goldman Sachs advisers bro..  It isn't the people, but the network to which they

You do know Max Keiser is on RT? He is probably the biggest public nemesis of Goldman Sachs in the world and Russia is the main country standing against the petrodollar.

Not that I'm particularly against either, I just want free competition, but I think you're off base on that one.

Offline toast

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

Very easy to get on big media outlets run by big money when you have "ex" "low level" Goldman Sachs advisers bro..  It isn't the people, but the network to which they connect.   

A Hoskinson quote:  "Ether will be like Oil to bitcoin's Gold."  ---hmmmm sound at all like the petro-dollar scheme?  It does to me...

Here are two images of the same pyramid structure are associated with the secret society(s) behind the petro-dollar:   

Can I be wrong about allllll of this?  Yes...and I'd love to be.  I would love a place where all these 2.0 techs work together to create something that benefits the investors in their construction and uplifts all of humanity while giving no central authority to anyone without them first competing against each other for it.  But the things that turn me off about Ethereum are all little and add up to something else behind the scenes...

As always, prove me wrong so I can say I'm wrong...and start with getting rid of "specialized ASICs" that breed patent monopolies and long-term barriers to entry at the "currency creation" level. 
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 04:07:54 pm by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline JoeyD

Back to how to engage Max Keiser and Stacy Herbert, instead of focusing on interviews, and after bitshares has some DACs up and running, you could offer to help them in some of their ongoing projects. I've heard them talk about trying to set up a media orientated crowd-funding/sourcing platform, which may or may not be a good fit for bitshares, especially if it can be combined with maidsafe like networks. Both because it sounded like it had some similarities to the bitsharesmusic concepts and Max Keiser might have some ideas on his own in relation to stocks and trading and they may be interested in censorship resistant solutions.

I figure Max Keiser especially would be interested in Dan Larimers concept of allowing a DAC/Blockchain to be "bought" by some powerful entity, allowing you to just start a different one with the money you got out of that takeover. Ethereums central blockchain has the same Achilles heel as bitcoin with centralization of mining and by design doesn't have the same flexibility. Having a hostile take-over blow up in the aggressors face is a major selling point and a very personal one for Max Keiser.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2014, 09:00:45 am by JoeyD »

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
My thoughts:

Tim Ferriss: I met the guy and read his book (4 hour workweek) while it was still an unpublished manuscript. I got ahold of it because Tony Robbins had a copy, my girlfriend worked for Tony and brought a copy home saying I'd love it....long story short:  I did love it and told Tim it would be a best seller....his response? "I know it will."  Went on to be one the HUGE NYT bestseller that it is.... Great book, great guy, not sure he'd be the right fit to interview Dan. I can reach out to him, though its been quite a few years. He's still a rock star in my mind. 

Cool, that your gf worked for Tony Robbins, that's a rock star. I'm a big fan minus the fact that I think he had/has Warren Buffet as long time full on client and I'm not a particular fan of Buffet.

Bit harsh charlesh, but yeah I'd be pretty certain Keiser knows the basics of Bitshares already, at the moment though it's still more of a concept that wouldn't really make a good guest spot, but once profitable DAC's start being launched it's a different story. I also think Daniel is getting better at interviews, coming across a lot more animated and conversational so I'd be pretty  surprised if they didn't consider him as a guest when BitsharesXT is launched.

Maybe Max wants to avoid bitcoin related stuff because of the utter fiasco that was Maxcoin's launch. 

If Max had waited for Bitshares technology then it would have been a different story.

I think he's still covered Bitcoin and Crypto stuff since then (and still tried to pump Maxcoin multiple times since then too...)
I thought watching him trying to pump other coins (price-wise) in the past was disappointing considering he spends half the show complaining about bankers doing the same thing, but with MaxCoin I find it really sad to watch. Otherwise I'm a huge fan of the show. 

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Maybe Max wants to avoid bitcoin related stuff because of the utter fiasco that was Maxcoin's launch. 

If Max had waited for Bitshares technology then it would have been a different story.

charleshoskinson

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Aside from a small conspiratorial aside (everyone ignored this warning of mine) at the beginning it was flawless.
What do you mean?

Did you ever stop to think about why there is so much confusion over the nature of money?  The entire system depends upon the masses not understanding the nature of money.  Henry Ford once said:

“It is well enough that people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning.”

The general population has been intentionally confused with a million conflicting ideas.

After all the powers that be have not spent any effort attempting to confuse the issue of stocks.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 07:29:33 pm by CLains »

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Tim Ferris is an author/entrepreneur/lifehacker.  He recently started a podcast and has a television show coming out too.  He runs the second most popular syndicate on AngelList (https://angel.co/syndicates) and has over 222k likes on facebook.  His first book, The Four Hour Workweek focused a lot on automation, and how to automate as much of your business and life as possible, which is why I think he'd be all for autonomous companies.

From his AngelList profile (https://angel.co/tim):
Tim Ferriss
Advisor: Uber, Evernote, Shopify, Automattic, etc. Early investor: Twitter, FB, Alibaba, etc. Blog with 1M+ readers/month. Author of three #1 NYT/WSJ bestsellers. Featured by 100+ media outlets (NYT, Dr. Oz, etc.).

And his blog: http://fourhourworkweek.com/blog/

He has a regular podcast in addition to the the TV show ?  I just found the TV show and it appeared it wouldn't really be workable, even if Tim Ferriss's content would dovetail nicely otherwise.  My failure to see his podcast on google page #1 is only reason I was skeptical of him as a good fit for a media appearance by Dan.  If he has a podcast and does interviews, then seems like a great fit along with Joe Rogan.

MktDirector - I think most of us agree that Dan shouldn't be traveling around at this point.  However any radio interviews he could do would be a good thing.  He has even expressed within the past week that he "has fun explaining things" when his brain is too frazzled to code.  (something like that)  Radio interviews would take up minimal time since there is no travel involved.  It is also where Dan does his best from what little I've seen.