Author Topic: BTT marketing  (Read 2101 times)

Offline JoeyD

Well I called it stupid, because I don't think I'd be able to set it up, which means I'm suggesting others should do the work. I would have to rely on someone like Clains to come up with the points on the agenda and there need to be a couple of people like him present to actually make it work.  So it comes down to Clains and others feeling comfortable with doing it that way and then figuring out how to get the word out (also on other forums and discussion channels) and get people to participate or interested in attending and come up with ideas.

Offline JA

• View Profile

Also talking or discussing things via the forums might not be the fastest method. So here's my stupid suggestion. Lets propose a time and set of topics around this subject and have a voicechat meetup on this topic with members of this community either on the beyondbitcoin-mumble server or google-hangout or whatever works.
Stupid suggestion ?
I think its a very very good suggestion  :)

Someone has to make the first step and of course we must support him/it.
But i think its kinda hard to do that and to organize it.
So please if someone has good ideas/intensions or whatever make the first step or talk to fuznuts.
I saw many good intensions/ideas but they kinda slow down or stop after time.
Also there are things going on but, the more we build support the bigger it gets.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 07:44:45 pm by jabbajabba »

Offline JoeyD

Thanks for taking the effort to at least try to get something like this on the agenda and the community to start thinking about working for the company instead of just expecting to get rich leaning back.

I try my best to keep up with everything that's going on and help in any way I can, but my abilities are limited at best. I see myself as a newbie in the whole crypto-ecosystem and I'm still catching up. I also have no experience with bounties and how they work, nor am I well versed in advertisement or anything like that. So while it's sad to see people feeling left out in the cold, but the silence or lack of reactions, might not equate to lack of enthusiasm or support, but also people not being aware of the initiative or just not feeling they have what it takes to weigh in on the matter.

Also talking or discussing things via the forums might not be the fastest method. So here's my stupid suggestion. Lets propose a time and set of topics around this subject and have a voicechat meetup on this topic with members of this community either on the beyondbitcoin-mumble server or google-hangout or whatever works.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2014, 08:19:27 pm by JoeyD »

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
We definitely did too little marketing ahead of the snapshot, and still do too little. Personally I tried a little to get some threads up, but the lack of incentive and the lack of community reserve left me with the feeling that it was pointless. However, with this bounty suggestion section we the community can help get things rolling. I3 are definitely busy with their first product now, so we need to propose our own incentives to bootstrap the community (ourselves).

The key here is to be CREATIVE, there are limitless possibilities. We know this because people constantly take advantage of innovation in this space. BlackCoin did POS with mining multipool, Auroracoin did sensational airdrop, dogecoin donated to Jamaican bob-sledge team, etc. Currently bitcointalk coin is airdropping to bitcointalk users. There are brilliant ideas around every corner where you invest a small sum and gain a fortune in publicity. We just need to find them.

The first list on the agenda is therefore the question of how to incentivize the sentinels that will find, rigorously write out, and come to an argue-tested, true conclusion about these ideas. As it stands, people like Decentralized Application will invariably leave this space. First, he does not have an incentive to even rigorously write out his ideas (for every actor acting irrationally, there are tons of rational people in the dark not acting; in this case, rigorously writing out a marketing proposal), second he gets no feedback because no one else has any incentive to even read much less reply rigorously to his ideas (same principle), and third, the implementation of his ideas are dependent on the attention bottle-neck of Invictus. One cannot simply know if an idea is good or bad right away, it takes some work to figure out.

With the bounty suggestion section, I hope the failed nature of this system can gradually improve by bootstrapping itself into existence one problem at a time, and thus attract rather than crush people like DA. If people exist within a functional system they will accept that the end of their ideas is an actual refutation, and not an attack on some ideological essence; this will let them naturally direct their intelligence to next great say promotional idea instead of staying in the past or simply leaving the space.

I invite you all to see the meta-problems that we all too effortlessly see through when we catch eye of a particular problem. The incentive structure governing people and crowds in communities like this is a science we better get used to fast, as anyone with the better insight will effortlessly outrun us, and conversely, even a tiny positive insight will be an enormous help to the growth of the ecosystem (which we should recognize as a goal in its own right). With the DAC Toolkit it will also be possible to incentivize in new ways, and we should be ahead of ourselves to maximize impact.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
btt = Bitcointalk
makes sense  :o

Can you call it marketing ?
Because i think BTT is more of a spam toilet (especially for "altcoins") and 90 % of the good stuff is flushed away.
(and i dont visit it anyomore .. maybe its better now)
Also for me it seems now that the Bitcoin price is pretty low , people start to give attention for Bitcoin 2.0
Valid point.

Offline JA

• View Profile
btt = Bitcointalk
makes sense  :o

Can you call it marketing ?
Because i think BTT is more of a spam toilet (especially for "altcoins") and 90 % of the good stuff is flushed away.
(and i dont visit it anyomore .. maybe its better now)
Also for me it seems now that the Bitcoin price is pretty low , people start to give attention for Bitcoin 2.0

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
btt = Bitcointalk

Offline JA

• View Profile
What is BTT marketing ?

Offline santaclause102