Author Topic: BTS is the standard  (Read 12856 times)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Lol. 

There are 2 competing theories.  A speed freak or Stan.

I like these new robot users.  It is good to have an alternative view on things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ORE2kqA1HD8 We need the robot version of homies.  Luckybit what do you think?
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
ahhh... Can I have the same that Stan is having, please...
« Last Edit: September 21, 2014, 04:47:57 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
oooo my god.... seriously dude...I don't want to offend you, I have nothing against you but for the lazy ones like my self, can you please summarize what are your points in 3 lines with all the below and your knights?

bitbro

Offline onceuponatime

Nice vision.

A little light on technical and implementation details.

Offline JoeyD

Keep up the good fight! 

I really enjoyed this post and very eloquent summary of the past month, although I could do without the mental image of comparing the power of your "love lance".

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Hey, that's a great idea - who can best summarize DA's epic post in one sentence?

I'll start:

"If you are ever going to give away free samples in a marketing promotion,
there is no better time to do it than when all eyes gaze upon your product
for the one-and-only first time.
"

or perhaps a succinct generalization of the Ten Natural Laws of the Crypto Universe
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=2876.msg35841#msg35841:

"If you don't do it, your competitor will."
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Can someone give me a run down what the point in the OP essentially is? What is the problem and what is the proposed suggestion?

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
My dislike of it is more of a gut feeling than anything else.   I just feel like there's got to be something better.   I haven't spent much time looking at nxt, but prefer dpos to peercoin.  I also realize that you not only know way more about this than I do,  but that you have also spent way more time than me thinking about it.   That condition is very likely to remain.   If you prefer dpos then I defer to your judgement.

I'm still reading through the posts.  I will edit this later if you include a better solution.

I was late to this party and only have 11.21 BTSX allocated in the genesis block.  I am willing to donate it all.  I will even send you the private key (after moving my pts to a new wallet)  if that would help.  I firmly believe that the loss of these 11 bitshares will be more than offset by the increase in the PTS price, if your plan works.

As someone that complained about DPOS, I would like to say.  I still don't like it.  I don't have a better solution though.  So I have kept my mouth shut.

I should venture into the marketing subforum more often.

Also.  I am fine with DAs retirement.

DPOS vs Peercoin vs Nxt seem to be the options available to us.   
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
For those of you who hung out on one of the recent Mumble / Beyond Bitcoin calls I discussed a give away strategy that I believe would make everyone from all camps happy.  I am also keeping that strategy a secret to be revealed when we launch so that other coins cannot copy it.

It is sure to generate a ton of buzz.   

Awesome!

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
...a give away strategy that I believe would make everyone from all camps happy... 
I do not believe keeping everybody happy is possible.
 The only way to keep as much people as possible happy is to use some of the money (BTS X in this case) in the AGS fund for promotional/airdrop/etc.  purposes. This is something I have already suggested with no response – positive or negative from anyone from I3.
I will be happy if you have something similar in mind.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:45:46 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline JA

• View Profile
For those of you who hung out on one of the recent Mumble / Beyond Bitcoin calls I discussed a give away strategy that I believe would make everyone from all camps happy.  I am also keeping that strategy a secret to be revealed when we launch so that other coins cannot copy it.

DA your post is too-long so I didn't read especially when you said it was a guaranteed waste of time.   I did skim the first part and had some other summarize it for me.   I think you have made some valuable contributions so I hope you will hang around.  You will probably like what we have in mind.
I was there.
muhahahaha
lets do this shit.  8)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: May 12, 2014, 01:22:46 pm by jabbajabba »

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

DA your post is too-long so I didn't read especially when you said it was a guaranteed waste of time.   I did skim the first part and had some other summarize it for me.   I think you have made some valuable contributions so I hope you will hang around. You will probably like what we have in mind.

Great news !!!
Hope nobody from the crypto community can read your mind  :)