Author Topic: Incremental progress on the website  (Read 2735 times)

Offline fuzzy

Things will not always move slow man...trust me. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline legendface66

• View Profile
Thanks guys, I've been super busy and the website did the job so I stopped working on it for the time being. It's in Joomla. It's ok, I'm a hopless web dev though so things move slow haha

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Have you considered a Drupal distribution for the site ?  (I can't tell what you are currently using..)

https://drupal.org/project/project_distribution

Open Publish looks like a fitting distribution and there was another on the first page.  Hrrmm it appears to have never left Beta.  It could very well still be worth using.

Leveraging Drupal could give you a quite modern/featureful website without a ton of custom work.  The learning curve might be a bit steep, but once you learn the Drupal way you'll like it.  I don't think there is a CMS out there that is close to Drupal.

If you are interested, send me a msg here and I can set it up on a server for you to play around with.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Great. Also look a lot better overall... Thanks!

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Great to have one place for all the podcasts! Would it be possible to add the upload / production date of the podcasts. That would be important to me because everything moves so fast... And also to know which is the newst podcast which is not obvious yet...
Great work otherwise! Thanks for your efforts. Let us know where we can support you.
Regards

Offline legendface66

• View Profile
I've been chipping away at the website - www.beyondbitcoinshow.com - c/o the Fuzz so things got a bit quiet recently. The feed back is great to hear and the community support is fantastic. fuznuts has indeed been doing a great job of organising and moderating discussion and I m sure he'll continue to bring his energy and good humour to bear.

Thanks are in order for Toast and Bytemaster both for being accommodating, helpful, and well, just top blokes.

Also Micheal Dean for his advice and assistance.

All comments and suggestions influence this project in some way so by all means be vocal. My email address is arthur.falls@gmail.com. I'm always interested in ideas and always looking for people to interview. The plan from my end is to get people with something to say heard. Whether that be in the form of a highly directional, well structured interview, or a rambling stroll through a field of ideas. It's all good (but I favour the latter).

The feedback thus far has been just what I could have hoped for. Expect a steady flow of content and improving quality over time also.

Stay greasy guys