Author Topic: Idea to promote better the bitshares-AGS fundraising oportunity !!!  (Read 5742 times)

Offline JoeyD

Is it possible that PTS could be in a position stronger than AGS later

In my mind in the future (after the end of fundraising) 1AGS will worth 1PTS or even more!!! And that's because the most AGS holders are 100% stronger believers of the bitshares/DACs concept then PTS holders. A percentage that hold's PTS are pure/semi speculators and not real investors of the project that will sell just a few hours before the snapshots... If you would give shares of your company (DAC) for "free"  which would you prefer most, the AGS holders or the PTS holders? Only if Bitshares concept fails PTS holders will have an "advantage" over AGS holders. Correct me please BM if you think I am partially wrong...

I like your thought processes, but you overlook one small thing:  The last-minute traders you would be giving your shares to are the people who bought PTS at the high right before the snapshot!

However it is true that people willing to sacrificially donate to your cause are the second most sought-after demographic  you can find.

(The first being those who are willing to die for your cause.)   :)
Don't think I agree with that estimate.

If they are dieing for your cause they might not be the most sustainable of demographics.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

In my mind in the future (after the end of fundraising) 1AGS will worth 1PTS or even more!!! And that's because the most AGS holders are 100% stronger believers of the bitshares/DACs concept then PTS holders. A percentage that hold's PTS are pure/semi speculators and not real investors of the project that will sell just a few hours before the snapshots... If you would give shares of your company (DAC) for "free"  which would you prefer most, the AGS holders or the PTS holders? Only if Bitshares concept fails PTS holders will have an "advantage" over AGS holders. Correct me please BM if you think I am partially wrong...

I like your thought processes, but you overlook one small thing:  The last-minute traders you would be giving your shares to are the people who bought PTS at the high right before the snapshot!

However it is true that people willing to sacrificially donate to your cause are the second most sought-after demographic  you can find.

(The first being those who are willing to die for your cause.)   :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 10:44:36 pm by liondani »

Offline davidpbrown

So, I visited for the first occasion but still none the wiser. Could you suggest a tldr; of what advantage comes with holding AGS? Obviously, it's nice for I3 to have locked in support but what's the pull for those holding PTS to move to AGS?

You cannot sell your AGS, but they are currently a lot cheaper.

Yes, I've seen that suggested but not a detail of whether that necessarily holds relative to PTS. Is it possible that PTS could be in a position stronger than AGS later, in which case there's a gamble to play there. Also, is there not something beyond the price.. what are the relative returns on new DACs?

Noted: Agent86 reply too
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Agent86

• BTSX: agent86
    • View Profile
So, I visited for the first occasion but still none the wiser. Could you suggest a tldr; of what advantage comes with holding AGS? Obviously, it's nice for I3 to have locked in support but what's the pull for those holding PTS to move to AGS?

The advantage is that you are not issued AGS at a 1:1 ratio for the PTS you donate.  It's a daily auction, everyone who pays that day splits the pot. The way it's been lately you'll get more AGS than the PTS you donate (hint: do the math, you'll be happy you did).  Also, the great thing about AGS is that you are not only investing but you are also helping your own investment and the whole movement by providing funds.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

You cannot sell your AGS, but they are currently a lot cheaper.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

Offline davidpbrown

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% !!

Also we need a counter for the launch of BTS-X / DNS and so on!

Much important / very +5% / so wow!

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
I looked at alexa.com for the traffic statistics for...

bitshares.org  http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bitshares.org
bitsharestalk.org http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/bitsharestalk.org
www1.agsexplorer.com http://www.alexa.com/siteinfo/www1.agsexplorer.com

and I concluded that we must boost the traffic more for www1.agsexplorer.com and  taking advantage from the traffic of the other sites...
I think many visitors don't even know that a fundraising is taking place. A lot o visitors for bitshares.org and bitsharestalk.org come for a few moments to read something and don't "investigate" the sites further because the most of them don't have time enough or want to spend diferrent their time...

so it would be good  if we promote AGS fundraising a litle bit better on the homepages, something that everybody will continuously see (good brainwash) when they visit us...
So I suggest that you put in all homepages the counter for the "fundraising AGS period" in a place where it is noticeable for every visitor...

PS I think it will help additional because it will subconsciously "tell" to us that the real party will take place after the end of fundraising and we must be all patience until then...  ;)

EXAMPLES:

« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:40:59 pm by liondani »