Author Topic: AskADoctor.dac (Healthshares)  (Read 6830 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Theoretically, you could do this for any professional service: medicine, veterinary medicine, psychology, law, accounting. One trick would be licensing and regulation. In the U.S., these professions largely are regulated at the state level, so someone operating nationally would need a lot of licenses. Better yet, with enough scale, the organization could be big enough to have experts in every populous state and foreign jurisdiction. And why stop with those professions? Astrologers, odds makers, meditation gurus, personal trainers...

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
I admit the AI component may or may not be easy to accomplish. Assume for sake of argument that we can have something like a decentralized Watson attached to a blockchain allowing us to ask both the doctor and the blockchain?

The blockchain could diagnose you if it receives the right information. The doctor can answer your questions if they receive the right information. How much would you be willing to pay for this?

The blockchain never sleeps and is always on. It cannot be shut down. Diagnoses and advice would trend toward the truth. It could be designed so that the more you pay it the more computing resources it will use to diagnose you. Doctors could be paid as well and their opinions can be rated. Prediction market functions could be built into it as well. It could be so private that it wouldn't require you to have anything but a BitID or KeyhoteeID.

Tell me why it couldn't or shouldn't be a DAC.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
Is a great idea! But it is not a DAC and could be done with any crypto currency that is not associated with the platform....

Of course it's not a DAC yet, because it hasn't been made yet. Saying it's not a DAC is like saying the only thing which can be a DAC is currency. Just because it's not a DAC yet doesn't mean it wouldn't be better for us if we had such a DAC.

Think of AskADoctor as a decentralized information service which utilizes the free market to produce the highest quality information. The current centralized versions of these ideas, how exactly are doctors paid? Where is your information stored and how easily is it stolen? Who owns the business? How autonomous is it?

My guess is that either doctors aren't being paid at all or they are paid behind the scenes by the users. They probably aren't paid in Bitcoin or any cryptocurrency which means you wont be able to use cryptocurrency to pay them (which reduces your flexibility greatly). The market probably doesn't determine how much doctors get paid so what exactly determines that true value of the information being offered?

And those centralized sites might or might not scale but lets assume they do scale up, then why would we want to not turn it into a DAC so it can scale up in a decentralized fashion?

In a DAC you can for example use market incentives to encourage Doctors to give honest answers to popular questions. You can use a blockchain technology to store reputation and transaction history.

Assume it's 3 years from now and we have decentralized peer to peer healthcare and insurance. Let's also assume we have sensors connected to us now which can monitor our health, we have plenty of information being collected, but we want to ask a question to the blockchain itself and attach a reward for whomever answers it? I think we should be able to do this and I don't think the centralized way has any advantages.

Doctors and patients can set it up on their end to accept questions at a certain price or perhaps even create a market around that. The fact is we need to decentralize it and bring the free market into it. In the long term picture if AI becomes a big thing then perhaps the blockchain itself might be able to diagnose you.

Overall healthcare itself is extremely inefficient and I think stuff like this can make it much more efficient. I also don't see a reason to have a centralized website when we would have DomainShares, MaidSafe, Ethereum and all that.

http://www.qmed.com/news/ibms-watson-could-diagnose-cancer-better-doctors
http://www-03.ibm.com/innovation/ca/en/watson/watson_in_healthcare.shtml
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:57:23 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
the centerlized "askdoctor" similar website/app has been working very well,it is easy and convenient to use it,and it has been widely accepted by people,i do not see a big incentive to build it as a DAC,we can not decenterlize business only for decenterlization.
We can decentralized the centralized businesses if it's profitable to do so. If it's profitable and would be better off decentralized you've not made a good case for why we should avoid making money by doing it.

I don't think you get it. If it can be profitable and decentralized why would you need a centralized version?

We could make the money that the centralized business currently makes. Doctors could make money in decentralized crypto-currency. Does the current similar websites take Bitcoin? Do we need more centralized websites where users are forced to store their sensitive health information so it can be hacked?

Not only could you make it more private for users, you could make it more flexible for doctors, and remove all the overhead of having to run it in a centralized way. It's a waste of money to run it in a centralized way when you could save that money doing it in a decentralized way.

Over time you could do more than just ask doctors questions, you could be diagnosed, you could get legal services, all sorts of stuff. I say if it's profitable and can be done better decentralized then it's worth doing just because of that.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:33:37 pm by luckybit »

Offline crazybit

the centerlized "askdoctor" similar website/app has been working very well,it is easy and convenient to use it,and it has been widely accepted by people,i do not see a big incentive to build it as a DAC,we can not decenterlize business only for decenterlization.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 04:02:01 pm by CrazyBit »

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Is a great idea! But it is not a DAC and could be done with any crypto currency that is not associated with the platform....

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
The purpose of this DAC is to make a portable app which can run on a cellphone allowing anyone running it to ask verified doctors around the world about health related questions.

Doctors would be incentivized with a healthare payment in exchange for answering questions.

Patients will buy healthshares and then save them for a time when they need a doctors expert advice.

These healthshares should be presold to the market. Airdrop to selected healhcare professionals to get the ball rolling. 50% reserved for for PTS/AGS holders and 30% for presale, 20% for airdrop.

This method can work for the legal industry as well.