Author Topic: Rest in Peace, DA  (Read 20203 times)

Offline onceuponatime

Is there a less forum-centric announcement of this news anywhere? Most of the people I could send this information to would be bewildered by the inside references and jokes. (Although I enjoy them personally).

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I know our late forum member, the irrepressible and prolific Decentralized Application (DA), has gone on to a far, far better place and it does no good to leave a wistful message on his virtual grave, but maybe somehow out there in that Great Somewhere he will at last find peace with the fact that we are about to give away

That’s right.  BitShares PTS will soon be upgraded to DPOS security instead of POW mining, meaning that all the remaining PTS that had been set aside to employ miners are no longer needed.  PTS will earn a tangible profit by cutting expenses!  R&D pays!

To celebrate this R&D triumph and call it to the attention of the whole world,
we are giving away 100% of the profit!

Whatever PTS remain unmined at the upgrade snapshot will never again have to be paid for miners to dig holes and fill them in. So we will share it all in a fiendishly clever combination of competitions, prizes, incentives, bounties, grants, co-promotions and airdrops.  (Over $1,000,000 worth at today’s established market prices.)  The very thing our forum has been brainstorming and demanding since this all began.

And you didn't think we were listening!

This sharing of the payoff of our R&D efforts will be accomplished in a highly coordinated, synergistic, integrated, mind-boggling multi-month campaign to stimulate demand for our entire product family line:  PTS, AGS, XT, ME, X, LOTTO, DNS and MUSIC while adding still more awesome DACs to the pipeline. 

Our marketing and engineering teams are physically coming together from all corners of the planet to make this A Summer to Remember*.  Stay tuned for more details!

Rest in Peace, DA

*or Winter
« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 04:22:04 am by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.