Author Topic: Solo Mining?  (Read 5430 times)

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
Re: Solo Mining?
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 10:05:37 pm »
Thank you very much for your replies.

Which pool mining would you recommend? Since i do not have a good hardware does it make sense to mine within a pool (i assume that solo mining is out of the question with my hardware) or my electricity costs would be much higher? how can i calculate my electricity cost?

I apologise in advance as i am sure that you probably lough now with my questions. I am new to all these but very keen to learn... I am trying to understand more but you guys speak a completely different language and i do not understand much through the web and the forums...

Don't be sorry for making money and wanting to learn dude.  We were all there at some point.

For now, start on any pool.  All pools at the moment have issues (down time and bugs) but everyone is on one of these:  http://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=168.0
Solo mining is near enough a no no.  Block to be had are difficult.  Pool mining with your hpm might give you 1pts in two / 3 days.  Even if you decide to mine in a pool, you need decent hardware (i5 / i7 equivalent would be recommended).

Electricity.  Its the power consumption of your PC and all vary.
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 09:48:28 pm »
Thank you very much for your replies.

Which pool mining would you recommend? Since i do not have a good hardware does it make sense to mine within a pool (i assume that solo mining is out of the question with my hardware) or my electricity costs would be much higher? how can i calculate my electricity cost?

I apologise in advance as i am sure that you probably lough now with my questions. I am new to all these but very keen to learn... I am trying to understand more but you guys speak a completely different language and i do not understand much through the web and the forums...

Offline marauder

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 09:40:39 pm »
Hey, you can try solo mining though at the moment the difficulty is a bit too high unless you have a serious setup. I would advise you to join one of the mining pools, they pay out proportionally to the number of collisions per minute you generate!

Offline NineLives

• View Profile
    • BITCOIN TALK PROFILE
« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2013, 09:36:27 pm »
@ 4.xx you will get 1PTS in around 2days.

You need better hardware.
Keyhotee / BTSX:  Merah    PTS:  PskEDN4AeWc1trW4zV7DGGTQi3y5LeVhFR 

BTC Mining Hardware IN STOCK NOW:  http://www.mininghardware.co.uk

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile
Solo Mining?
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2013, 09:26:11 pm »
Hi,

I am very newbie to cryptocurrencies and my IT knowledge is very base.

I was wondering if I can mine PTS using a 5 year old laptop? I have clicked the mine 1 process and the mining is showing 1 threads at 4.58816 colissions per minute. What does this mean?

Thank you in advance for your response