Author Topic: List of "Firsts" in ProtoShares History  (Read 6720 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Re: List of "Firsts" in ProtoShares History
« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2013, 09:39:56 pm »

Offline carisma

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2013, 09:37:11 pm »
I made it into PTS history as the first scammed one! I'm not sure this is something to be proud of, anyway, somebody had to take the prize. Stan, edit the post: it really was a scam, I'm still waiting for the 225 PTS the guy called freecoins sold me.

Offline comal

• View Profile
    • Suchen Sie eine günstige Baufinanzierung?
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2013, 07:12:51 am »
First coin where i mined on the first day.
First coin where i made 4.26 BTC in one week.
First coin where my address does not exist even i can send, just not receive.

:)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2013, 09:31:48 pm »
$2 Million Market Cap Exceeded - Nov 13

Quote from: donschoe on Today at 06:54:33 AM
Just use the bot on IRC:

627,286.00 PTS
1,704,492.88 USD

http://www.btc38.com/trade.html?btc38_trade_coin_name=pts
$3.61 * 627,286.00  = $2.3 million.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline RejectKid

• View Profile
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2013, 05:40:03 pm »
PTS: Pu4ahefp2nMXeQw2cxome8g6V9B4faLx81 BTC: 1NcZg4xF9zSCNUpVanfwfMJY7kqAXtdrbu MMC: MWsdbnkdZRPNEQru1YeeATZTGmqhuSYFoN
Reddit: www.reddit.com/r/protoshare www.reddit.com/r/memorycoin

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
List of "Firsts" in ProtoShares History
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2013, 05:13:03 am »
The first week since the launch of ProtoShares is in the history books and we already seem to have a robust, for-profit multi-enterprise ecosystem developing.  Here are some of the Key Historical Events and “Firsts" we noted.  What other history making events would you include in this time line?

Invictus Incorporated July 4th, 2013

CCC Announcement.  Oct 5, 2013 -  Invictus first mining opportunity is targeted for "Early November”.

ProtoShares Unveiled. Oct 19, 2013 - Invictus Newsletter 01 introduces ProtoShares as the precursor to BitShares (and many future DACs).

Forum goes live.  Nov 3, 2013 - at bitsharestalk.org

First ProtoShares miner/wallet.  November 4, 2013 - Near final source code for inspection.  This code is independently produced and maintained by bitsharestalk user FreeTrade, in response to a bounty to modify the standard Bitcoin release to incorporate the Momentum proof of work.   It became the official launch baseline against which future improvements are measured.

Launch Alert!  Nov 4, 12:14 AM EST - Newsletter #2 announces that release is imminent - watch the forum!

Launch of Genesis Block.  Nov 5, 08:08:08 GMT -  Invictus actually released miners to everyone in the hour leading up to this intended time when someone grabbed our final test code and started mining a bit early.

First Known Trade.  Nov 5 - super3 sells 2.5 PTS at 0.01 BTC/PTS to paimike@bitcointalk for total of 0.25 BTC.

First OTC Exchange. Nov 6 - Lighthouse founds the first formal for-profit PTS forum exchange and escrow service. Providing liquidity with a formal buy-sell spread - begins at 0.002 buy and 0.004 sell.

First Suspected Scam. Nov 6 - posted by carisma

First Mining Pools
      Nov 7, profoot announces PTS pool.
      Nov 8, xolokram announces Beeeer - the first for-profit ProtoShares mining pool!
      Nov 9, Invictus begins testing alpha pool with new miner as a competitive performance edge. 

First Automated Exchange.  Nov 9 - Silfax announces on-line exchange for trading Protoshares and Bitcoin.

First Emergency Fork. Nov 10, 06:15:07 AM EST - Hopefully also the last.  Invictus announces the need for a chain fork to move block rate from 15 seconds back in the direction of the nominal 5 minute specification. (The amount of hash power backing the network caused an unplanned acceleration of the intended mining production integral by 2 or 3 months.)

First Competing Miner - Nov 11 jh00 asserts its custom miner has 5x improvement over Invictus miners… game on!

$1 Million Market Cap.  Nov 11 - FreeTrade and donschoe independently document informal estimates ProtoShares' Market Cap has exceeded $1 million for the first time. 

First Denial of Service Attack - Nov 12 -  Took down Bytemaster's pool for a few hours.

Other firsts?

Fastest crypto-asset to reach critical mass in history?

First coin to launch with TOO MUCH hash power?

….

Let us know what we missed!

« Last Edit: November 12, 2013, 05:08:05 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.