Author Topic: When will BitsharesX be released?  (Read 18171 times)

Offline Bitcoinfan

• View Profile

I'm waiting for Truthcoin to be created.

Putting a professor in charge of your project can slow things down for a decade or so.

I know.  Thank goodness Paul is no professor. 

clout

Hi - I am one of the admins from fairlay.com

Just found this discussion going on about the predictions of the release date.

Two of them already expired. Since no matched predictions has been placed we have not looked into the "resolution" really.
Of course we would check all the requirements of the prediction in detail if it comes to a real decision.

However, is there interest in this predictions? So far we did MOST of our prediction revenue during the football worldcup - but initially we started this project because we are obsessed by the concept of a prediction market and the block chain technology (and combing these). Sport gambling was meant to be a byproduct at maximum...

Technically BitShares X has been launched. Its up to the delegates to decide that bitassets should start trading. Once 51 delegates publish price feeds for an asset trading is live.

Offline Fairlay

• View Profile
Hi - I am one of the admins from fairlay.com

Just found this discussion going on about the predictions of the release date.

Two of them already expired. Since no matched predictions has been placed we have not looked into the "resolution" really.
Of course we would check all the requirements of the prediction in detail if it comes to a real decision.

However, is there interest in this predictions? So far we did MOST of our prediction revenue during the football worldcup - but initially we started this project because we are obsessed by the concept of a prediction market and the block chain technology (and combing these). Sport gambling was meant to be a byproduct at maximum...

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
The correct answer is "around August 20th", until someone trades otherwise.

https://www.fairlay.com/event/category/bitcoin/released-date/

Unless those who say otherwise have some other way of proving that they aren't lying. (I'm all ears).
It appears BitAssets will be launched the 22th of August.

I'm impressed.

+5%  buy truthcoins
I would if I could.

By the way when should we expect something to be released?

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Unless those who say otherwise have some other way of proving that they aren't lying. (I'm all ears).

I'm impressed.

+5%  buy truthcoins

BTSX,DNS, VOTE, Truthcoin, forum... where do you find the time, toast?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

I'm impressed.

+5%  buy truthcoins
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Putting a professor in charge of your project can slow things down for a decade or so.

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile

I'm impressed.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
No new trades at all...seems that no one has any idea when BitsharesX will be released.

Probably much later than September, even, as Dan / Stan would have a reason to withhold trades to that effect.

Either that or this community is all talk, or very poor, or doesn't trust Fairlay.

http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline betax

• View Profile
No new trades at all...seems that no one has any idea when BitsharesX will be released.

Probably much later than September, even, as Dan / Stan would have a reason to withhold trades to that effect.

Either that or this community is all talk, or very poor, or doesn't trust Fairlay.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline AsymmetricInformation

• View Profile
    • Truthcoin

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
See xeroc's answer above.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

I got what the T , in XT, stands for.
 What the X stands for ? DPOS?

The connection to the X family is that it is the proto-DAC (snapshot target) for all the BTS X chains.
So I suppose "PTS X" would have been an appropriate name as well. Sorry if it's misleading.

No, it turns out BTS XT is actually PTS X; The only connection to bank and  ‘eXchange’, I can think off, is that it gives unique possibility for those that did not invest before 02.28 to acquire BTS X for far less money at far later date. ...

Can someone please explain the last bolded and underlined part above?  How do those who didn't invest before 2.28 get to acquire BTS X?

I'd like to know an answer to this too?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Hold onto those PTS, people!

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
ProtoShares/AGS have been use to generate a snapshot for the BTS-X family (there will be several chains)
These chains will not use the original Protoshare/AGS snapshot but instead use BTS-XT as a source for the snapshots.
All other DACS .. that are not in the BTS-X family, such as Lotto, Music, DNS etc. will use PTS/AGS as source for a snapshot!

...and people should not be surprised if there is at least one such snapshot coinciding with the end of AGS donations ...if not sooner.

NOTE:  This is not a promise, I am merely issuing the airdrop equivalent of a tornado watch.   :)

"A watch is issued when conditions are favorable, for example, either for a severe thunderstorm or tornadoes."

-- Senior Meteorologist Dan Kottlowski, AccuWeather.com
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

‘If you read what I've published I think you'll understand that my primary motivation is just to get the word out about how cool PMs are and how they can save everyone a lot of time and effort. I'm really not trying to push the site or these specific markets, other than that this is an opportunity for investors to actually learn about when the software will actually come out.’

Yes, I know. I have read your whitepaper and the threads here and on bitcointalk. It is really sad that Dan do not to want to invest in developing PM DAC. Though, I do not agree with your opinion that this is because of such DAC will compete with BTS X…

I do not understand why all these DACs should need to ask invictus for ags funds.  In my opinion, there is nothing keeping truthcoin from coming up with a sufficient pts/ags airdrop and issuing fund raising tokens with bitshares me (I will use PTS/BTS/Bitassets to buy shares in truthcoin). Of course dont forget to honor owners of other coins you believe will change the world.  If done correctly, you have effectively created a marketing campaign that will:
-pay respect to all those working in the DAC community
-provide a marked level of respect for all of the coins honored via air drop. 
-help forge alliances between coins (creating more trading pairs and push value into altcoins)
-open market valuation of truthcoin (through community investment)
-strengthen standing with crypto/DAC-oriented investors/developers/community reps (broaden user base for truthcoin from the start)
-did I mention it infuses you with capital in a free market way?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
The part about the price is of course pure speculation on my part, but if BTS XT is not at least BTS ME v.1.0 it is very likely scenario…

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
ProtoShares/AGS have been use to generate a snapshot for the BTS-X family (there will be several chains)
These chains will not use the original Protoshare/AGS snapshot but instead use BTS-XT as a source for the snapshots.
All other DACS .. that are not in the BTS-X family, such as Lotto, Music, DNS etc. will use PTS/AGS as source for a snapshot!

Offline GaltReport

The connection to the X family is that it is the proto-DAC (snapshot target) for all the BTS X chains.
So I suppose "PTS X" would have been an appropriate name as well. Sorry if it's misleading.

No, it turns out BTS XT is actually PTS X; The only connection to bank and  ‘eXchange’, I can think off, is that it gives unique possibility for those that did not invest before 02.28 to acquire BTS X for far less money at far later date. ...

Can someone please explain the last bolded and underlined part above?  How do those who didn't invest before 2.28 get to acquire BTS X?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
If you want to see DPOS in action - very very soon…if you want to see working bitAssets -seems like not that soon.
You can already create and issue assets on the testnet blockchain!!
ME-style assets, not BTS X style bitAssets, right?
Right .. as far as I understand ... much like NXT-assets

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
If you want to see DPOS in action - very very soon…if you want to see working bitAssets -seems like not that soon.

ME-style assets, not BTS X style bitAssets, right?

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile

Great thanks. Will be back in a few months then :) Have fun testing. looks good so far.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

In the meanwhile you probably get (still undistributed) shares in 3rd party Lotto DAC that seams will be using mining (surprisingly enough)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:23:56 pm by tonyk »

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile
'I'm interested if we are only a few weeks away from a usable consumer product or still monts'

This only depends on your definition of 'consumer product'...

ok let's say trading some bitUSD from one wallet user to another. The real bug free enduser product is very hard to predict ;)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
'I'm interested if we are only a few weeks away from a usable consumer product or still monts'

This only depends on your definition of 'consumer product'...

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:18:08 pm by tonyk »

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile
Hi Guys. I didn't follow the boards very much the last few weeks.. Are we testing sending Bitshares to eachother on the webclient or already Bitassets?

Thanks for the update.. I'm interested if we are only a few weeks away from a usable consumer product or still monts

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

No, it turns out BTS XT is actually PTS X; The only connection to bank and  ‘eXchange’, I can think off, is that it gives unique possibility for those that did not invest before 02.28 to acquire BTS X for far less money at far later date. This makes it completely objectionable product in my eyes… but it is just one man’s opinion….

I thought the X was in reference to BitShares bank and e'X'change...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

I thought the X was in reference to BitShares bank and e'X'change...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:)

Offline jae208

• View Profile

Can it work with only a handful of preditions?
Wouldn't it be more accurate if there was a greater number of people with diverse backgrounds betting?

Offline toast

• View Profile

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

Offline toast

• View Profile
Why do not call it just PTS X (or half-backed NXT) then?

The "T" is "XT" stands for "test". We made it clear from the start that this is just to make the snapshot liquid and not an actual X dac.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Why do not call it just PTS X (or half-backed NXT) then?

Offline toast

• View Profile
X will just proof DPOS works .. afair it is 'just another altcoin' based on new code/blockchain and security

So no trading on BTS XT?

Can toast or BM confirm that.

There will definitely be no BTS-X style trading (margin/short sell).

There *might* be bts ME (mastercoin/counterparty) style asset issuance and trading just to test, depending on GUI progress. Not the primary purpose of XT.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
X will just proof DPOS works .. afair it is 'just another altcoin' based on new code/blockchain and security

So no trading on BTS XT?

Can toast or BM confirm that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:30:10 pm by tonyk »

• View Profile
    • Truthcoin

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
What will XT include if not that? He says X will improve this over XT. XT is not gonna be ME(T), is it?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:34:36 pm by tonyk »

Offline toast

• View Profile
Stay realistic:

The next release will be BitShares XT which is already a product but not the final goal BitShares X which also includes margin trading.

Hmm… ‘margin trading’ ?!?
Where is the paper/discussion on that?  Seems hard to achieve… let me read BM’s thoughts on that…

Weren't you participating in the BTS X attack thread? I think he just means short-selling with collateral

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Stay realistic:

The next release will be BitShares XT which is already a product but not the final goal BitShares X which also includes margin trading.

Hmm… ‘margin trading’ ?!?
Where is the paper/discussion on that?  Seems hard to achieve… let me read BM’s thoughts on that…

Offline GaltReport

Very very soon  ;D

:D  +5%  :D

Within one month,I guess.

“There are two things we should always be 1. raw and 2. ready. When you are raw, you are always ready and when you are ready you usually realize that you are raw. Waiting for perfection is not an answer, one cannot say "I will be ready when I am perfect" because then you will never be ready, rather one must say "I am raw and I am ready just like this right now, how and who I am.”
― C. JoyBell C.

Interesting quote.  Reminds me of the saying "Don't let PERFECT be the enemy of GOOD."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_is_the_enemy_of_good

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Stay realistic:

Offline mint chocolate chip

Very very soon  ;D

Within one month,I guess.

“There are two things we should always be 1. raw and 2. ready. When you are raw, you are always ready and when you are ready you usually realize that you are raw. Waiting for perfection is not an answer, one cannot say "I will be ready when I am perfect" because then you will never be ready, rather one must say "I am raw and I am ready just like this right now, how and who I am.”
― C. JoyBell C.

Offline Overthetop

个人微博账号: Overthetop_万里晴空
“块链创新与创业”交流群: 330378613

Offline Kenof

• View Profile
Very very soon  ;D

Making life easier.

• View Profile
    • Truthcoin
Is this fairlay.com site legit? who owns it? when did it open?

I'm afraid I have no idea.

It should be safe to risk a few mBTC, for only a few months. I wouldn't trust it for large bets, or for a long time.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Is this fairlay.com site legit? who owns it? when did it open?

Offline MolonLabe

• View Profile
Unfortunately, part "c" is a little difficult to swallow.

Depending on one's interpretation of "an asset which at least attempts to be worth the BTS/USD exchange rate", the answer could easily be: never.

• View Profile
    • Truthcoin
once you can spend it .. it will have value and thus might be listed @ coinmarketcap
+5%

Yes, the market basically asks when BitsharesX will be liquid.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
once you can spend it .. it will have value and thus might be listed @ coinmarketcap

+5%

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline jae208

• View Profile
It's very enticing to make the wager in favor of it being before Sept 1st.
Talk is cheap.

...I would be unable to estimate any dates.   
There's no need for you to worry about that. Estimating the date is what the market is for.

my question is, when will bitshares xt be made liquid?
Their market includes "ability to send BTS". Wouldn't that be the same thing?

I was hoping it would be listed on some exchange and have a market cap on coinmarketcap too

Give them a few more weeks and checkout the sources and progress at githib .. they are currently bugfixing
You aren't betting, though? Its free money if you're right.

I myself have no idea when BitsharesX will be released. I know that, in the past, deadlines have been promised and pushed back several months, so I would not be surprised to see them pushed back by months yet again (a la Talebian 'Extremistan'). Instead I noticed that there seems to be investor anxiety, and an interminable debate on this forum as to the release date. This prediction market may be able to solve these problems.

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
‘If you read what I've published I think you'll understand that my primary motivation is just to get the word out about how cool PMs are and how they can save everyone a lot of time and effort. I'm really not trying to push the site or these specific markets, other than that this is an opportunity for investors to actually learn about when the software will actually come out.’

Yes, I know. I have read your whitepaper and the threads here and on bitcointalk. It is really sad that Dan do not to want to invest in developing PM DAC. Though, I do not agree with your opinion that this is because of such DAC will compete with BTS X…

• View Profile
    • Truthcoin
^^ AsymmetricInformation^^ are you involved with the development on the site you posted a link to?
No. Although I now feel the need to disclose a few things: I did help them come up with the particular wording of this contract, which is why I'm extra interested in this particular market. Also, I just found out (just now) that the administrators, who are interested in my research, are going to donate the fees they collect for these 3 markets to my Truthcoin project, which is very nice of them (although they [and I] believe that these fees will be very very small). However I still have no affiliation with that site. They've posted in my bitcointalk thread to talk about prediction markets, and sent me a few messages about my work.

If you read what I've published I think you'll understand that my primary motivation is just to get the word out about how cool PMs are and how they can save everyone a lot of time and effort. I'm really not trying to push the site or these specific markets, other than that this is an opportunity for investors to actually learn about when the software will actually come out.

I just think it would be better to buy something that already has ‘determined’  (even if changing with each bet) odds. It is kind of hard to 1.come with reasonable odds 2. Wait somebody to hopefully take the other side.
Since publishing my work, I've been in contact with several people about their PM ideas/websites. I always suggest the use of Market Scoring Rules, which just say "costs x for y shares" (where y shares are always worth 1 unit, for example 1 BTC). These are much easier to understand, as you say, and you don't need to wait for anyone to take the other side, again as you say.

Unfortunately most PM-operators don't want to use them. I have a couple theories as to why. In the lead is: people put in lots of effort coming up with their own custom way of doing the trading environment, and don't want to abandon it.

I placed the first 3 bets, though, not wanting to see the market stall out (after I myself worded it!). Its true that I have no idea when BitsharesX will be released, I assumed that it would be before September, but bet against that so that someone who also thought it would be released soon would have someone to bet against (me). I used the "advanced" mode which I actually found easier to understand (just set the probability and amount, similar to InTrade).

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
^^ AsymmetricInformation^^ are you involved with the development on the site you posted a link to?
 I just think it would be better to buy something that already has ‘determined’  (even if changing with each bet) odds. It is kind of hard to 1.come with reasonable odds 2. Wait somebody to hopefully take the other side.

• View Profile
    • Truthcoin
Talk is cheap.

...I would be unable to estimate any dates.   
There's no need for you to worry about that. Estimating the date is what the market is for.

Their market includes "ability to send BTS". Wouldn't that be the same thing?

Give them a few more weeks and checkout the sources and progress at githib .. they are currently bugfixing
You aren't betting, though? Its free money if you're right.

I myself have no idea when BitsharesX will be released. I know that, in the past, deadlines have been promised and pushed back several months, so I would not be surprised to see them pushed back by months yet again (a la Talebian 'Extremistan'). Instead I noticed that there seems to be investor anxiety, and an interminable debate on this forum as to the release date. This prediction market may be able to solve these problems.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline jae208

• View Profile

Offline zhao150

• 老子早就不想当代表了
    • View Profile
 ;D I'm copying the codes now.
老子早就不想当代表了

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I think it is difficult to estimate because of first/second derivatives of development speed.   

If you follow github you will see that we are having daily commits from multiple different developers and issues are being discovered and closed very quickly.   Then we will have a growing team of full time developers starting over the next 2 weeks and all of them working in one location toward a single release. 

This all makes me very excited about how things are progressing, but I would be unable to estimate any dates.
I worry other team just copy the codes
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline bytemaster

I think it is difficult to estimate because of first/second derivatives of development speed.   

If you follow github you will see that we are having daily commits from multiple different developers and issues are being discovered and closed very quickly.   Then we will have a growing team of full time developers starting over the next 2 weeks and all of them working in one location toward a single release. 

This all makes me very excited about how things are progressing, but I would be unable to estimate any dates.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
funny. That would mean 60% it will be released after sept 1.? I will bet...
I think September is when I would expect to see it from the look of the source code but you never know how fast it could be completed.

BitsharesXT should be released very soon, but BitsharesX is a lot more ambitious. Assume we have to go through a similar process like we see now, maybe 2 months from the release of XT and we'll see the test of Bitshares X.

So I think it could be released in August or September.

« Last Edit: May 20, 2014, 05:32:31 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
funny. That would mean 60% it will be released after sept 1.? I will bet...