Author Topic: is this bitUSD?  (Read 5498 times)

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I think bitAssets need a symbol to delineate them as such. ∫USD ΩUSD µUSD?
Maybe we need a new character. Kind of like Prince did. #$*&@. Aw hell, we'll just call it "The industry formerly known as BitShares"...

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
agreed.. call it bitUSD

merockstar

This isn't done on other exchanges. When buying/selling BTC, LTC, BTSX, etc. on BTER or other exchanges you aren't actually trading those coins. You're trading bterBTC, bterLTC, etc. Nothing hits the blockchain until you withdraw. I feel USD falls under the logic.

other exchanges issue IOUs for the currency itself. BTC, PPC, BTSX, USD, CNY

X won't issue IOUs for USD itself, it'll be issuing IOUs for bitUSD.

I agree with the points being made here.

Offline Murderistic

• View Profile
GUI is already being worked on, don't worry - it's gonna blow minds.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
missing dll: here is the discussion and solution
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=7161.msg95548#msg95548
Thank you so much, I am reading it now......and it worked perfectly,very nice thanks so much
« Last Edit: August 20, 2014, 10:04:41 pm by Gentso1 »

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
Agreed. It should defiantly say bitUSD and not just USD

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Looks cool.

My concern is whether using the direct abbreviation USD is OK?

I think bitAssets need a symbol to delineate them as such. ∫USD ΩUSD µUSD?

It needs a lot of graphical improvements. The Interface is very plain.
Perhaps also give us the ability to apply a skin to the interface?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline oldman

• View Profile
think also we should call it bitUSD

Agreed we need to make sure it is VERY crystal clear that this is bitUSD not USD.

All derived assets (bitAssets) must be clearly designated as such.

This is critical.

bitUSD, bitGLD, bitOSTK etc.

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer
http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
? When I click the market tab on my client I still get
Market Coming Soon

The GUI for markets is not yet available. BitShares X will support two types of tradeable assets:

Traditional user-issued assets let anyone issue an asset which can trade against any other asset on the BitShares X platform.

Market-pegged assets are an experimental type of asset which are pegged to the value of a real-world asset using a mechanism similar to a prediction market. They are lent into existence to anyone who takes a short position on that asset using BTSX as collateral.

Markets for user-issued assets are available via the console. Markets for market-pegged BitAssets are in development and will be available after a hard fork.

Are you on the test net or has a newer version of the client been released.

Try click refresh button on your browser.
I don't understand the connection between refreshing my browser and the client.
I did back up my wallet and grab version 0.4.4.
Client re installs but fails to start up it "The program can't start because CrashRpt1402.dll is missing from your computer. Try re installing the program to fix the problem" Tried to re install but but same error

Offline boombastic

• View Profile
    • AngelShares Explorer
Market Coming Soon

The GUI for markets is not yet available. BitShares X will support two types of tradeable assets:

Traditional user-issued assets let anyone issue an asset which can trade against any other asset on the BitShares X platform.

Market-pegged assets are an experimental type of asset which are pegged to the value of a real-world asset using a mechanism similar to a prediction market. They are lent into existence to anyone who takes a short position on that asset using BTSX as collateral.

Markets for user-issued assets are available via the console. Markets for market-pegged BitAssets are in development and will be available after a hard fork.

Try click refresh button on your browser.
http://bitshares.dacplay.org/r/boombastic
Support My Witness: mr.agsexplorer
BTC: 1Bb6V1UStz45QMAamjaX8rDjsnQnBpHvE8

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
Market Coming Soon

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
think also we should call it bitUSD

Agreed we need to make sure it is VERY crystal clear that this is bitUSD not USD.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

I see your point. We don't want to be seen as "minting" green backs and getting in hot water with the CIA.

The Treasury Department would take the most interest in this. But it's clearly a proxy -- play money -- and doesn't mention the word "dollar". Even if it did, there are other countries with their own dollars, not just the U.S. And in the U.S., I believe that "USD" is a trademark of the University of South Dakota. "BitUSD" clearly is neither an educational institution nor a U.S. government-issued currency. Keep the name, please.

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
It's obviously not real USD so it isn't going to have any legal problems.

Yes it should be fine because BitUSD is very different.
However in this particular case I wasn't sure it was worth the short term risk of there being any confusion.

We've already seen how two small communities can politicise the word 'partnership' in a couple of days.