Author Topic: When will BitsharesX be released?  (Read 18174 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
ProtoShares/AGS have been use to generate a snapshot for the BTS-X family (there will be several chains)
These chains will not use the original Protoshare/AGS snapshot but instead use BTS-XT as a source for the snapshots.
All other DACS .. that are not in the BTS-X family, such as Lotto, Music, DNS etc. will use PTS/AGS as source for a snapshot!

...and people should not be surprised if there is at least one such snapshot coinciding with the end of AGS donations ...if not sooner.

NOTE:  This is not a promise, I am merely issuing the airdrop equivalent of a tornado watch.   :)

"A watch is issued when conditions are favorable, for example, either for a severe thunderstorm or tornadoes."

-- Senior Meteorologist Dan Kottlowski, AccuWeather.com
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

‘If you read what I've published I think you'll understand that my primary motivation is just to get the word out about how cool PMs are and how they can save everyone a lot of time and effort. I'm really not trying to push the site or these specific markets, other than that this is an opportunity for investors to actually learn about when the software will actually come out.’

Yes, I know. I have read your whitepaper and the threads here and on bitcointalk. It is really sad that Dan do not to want to invest in developing PM DAC. Though, I do not agree with your opinion that this is because of such DAC will compete with BTS X…

I do not understand why all these DACs should need to ask invictus for ags funds.  In my opinion, there is nothing keeping truthcoin from coming up with a sufficient pts/ags airdrop and issuing fund raising tokens with bitshares me (I will use PTS/BTS/Bitassets to buy shares in truthcoin). Of course dont forget to honor owners of other coins you believe will change the world.  If done correctly, you have effectively created a marketing campaign that will:
-pay respect to all those working in the DAC community
-provide a marked level of respect for all of the coins honored via air drop. 
-help forge alliances between coins (creating more trading pairs and push value into altcoins)
-open market valuation of truthcoin (through community investment)
-strengthen standing with crypto/DAC-oriented investors/developers/community reps (broaden user base for truthcoin from the start)
-did I mention it infuses you with capital in a free market way?
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
The part about the price is of course pure speculation on my part, but if BTS XT is not at least BTS ME v.1.0 it is very likely scenario…
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
ProtoShares/AGS have been use to generate a snapshot for the BTS-X family (there will be several chains)
These chains will not use the original Protoshare/AGS snapshot but instead use BTS-XT as a source for the snapshots.
All other DACS .. that are not in the BTS-X family, such as Lotto, Music, DNS etc. will use PTS/AGS as source for a snapshot!

Offline GaltReport

I got what the T , in XT, stands for.
 What the X stands for ? DPOS?

The connection to the X family is that it is the proto-DAC (snapshot target) for all the BTS X chains.
So I suppose "PTS X" would have been an appropriate name as well. Sorry if it's misleading.

No, it turns out BTS XT is actually PTS X; The only connection to bank and  ‘eXchange’, I can think off, is that it gives unique possibility for those that did not invest before 02.28 to acquire BTS X for far less money at far later date. ...

Can someone please explain the last bolded and underlined part above?  How do those who didn't invest before 2.28 get to acquire BTS X?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
If you want to see DPOS in action - very very soon…if you want to see working bitAssets -seems like not that soon.
You can already create and issue assets on the testnet blockchain!!
ME-style assets, not BTS X style bitAssets, right?
Right .. as far as I understand ... much like NXT-assets

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
If you want to see DPOS in action - very very soon…if you want to see working bitAssets -seems like not that soon.

ME-style assets, not BTS X style bitAssets, right?

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile

Great thanks. Will be back in a few months then :) Have fun testing. looks good so far.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

In the meanwhile you probably get (still undistributed) shares in 3rd party Lotto DAC that seams will be using mining (surprisingly enough)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:23:56 pm by tonyk »

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile
'I'm interested if we are only a few weeks away from a usable consumer product or still monts'

This only depends on your definition of 'consumer product'...

ok let's say trading some bitUSD from one wallet user to another. The real bug free enduser product is very hard to predict ;)

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
'I'm interested if we are only a few weeks away from a usable consumer product or still monts'

This only depends on your definition of 'consumer product'...

« Last Edit: June 06, 2014, 12:18:08 pm by tonyk »

Offline CrazyCriple

• View Profile
Hi Guys. I didn't follow the boards very much the last few weeks.. Are we testing sending Bitshares to eachother on the webclient or already Bitassets?

Thanks for the update.. I'm interested if we are only a few weeks away from a usable consumer product or still monts

Offline tonyk

• View Profile

The connection to the X family is that it is the proto-DAC (snapshot target) for all the BTS X chains.
So I suppose "PTS X" would have been an appropriate name as well. Sorry if it's misleading.

No, it turns out BTS XT is actually PTS X; The only connection to bank and  ‘eXchange’, I can think off, is that it gives unique possibility for those that did not invest before 02.28 to acquire BTS X for far less money at far later date. This makes it completely objectionable product in my eyes… but it is just one man’s opinion….

I thought the X was in reference to BitShares bank and e'X'change...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bdnoble

• View Profile
    • Home Page

I thought the X was in reference to BitShares bank and e'X'change...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:)