Author Topic: When will BitsharesX be released?  (Read 18302 times)

Offline jae208

• View Profile
The correct answer is "around August 20th", until someone trades otherwise.

https://www.fairlay.com/event/category/bitcoin/released-date/

Unless those who say otherwise have some other way of proving that they aren't lying. (I'm all ears).

Can it work with only a handful of preditions?
Wouldn't it be more accurate if there was a greater number of people with diverse backgrounds betting?
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
I got what the T , in XT, stands for.
 What the X stands for ? DPOS?

The connection to the X family is that it is the proto-DAC (snapshot target) for all the BTS X chains.
So I suppose "PTS X" would have been an appropriate name as well. Sorry if it's misleading.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
I got what the T , in XT, stands for.
 What the X stands for ? DPOS?
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline toast

• View Profile
Why do not call it just PTS X (or half-backed NXT) then?

The "T" is "XT" stands for "test". We made it clear from the start that this is just to make the snapshot liquid and not an actual X dac.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Why do not call it just PTS X (or half-backed NXT) then?

Offline toast

• View Profile
X will just proof DPOS works .. afair it is 'just another altcoin' based on new code/blockchain and security

So no trading on BTS XT?

Can toast or BM confirm that.

There will definitely be no BTS-X style trading (margin/short sell).

There *might* be bts ME (mastercoin/counterparty) style asset issuance and trading just to test, depending on GUI progress. Not the primary purpose of XT.

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
X will just proof DPOS works .. afair it is 'just another altcoin' based on new code/blockchain and security

So no trading on BTS XT?

Can toast or BM confirm that.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 07:30:10 pm by tonyk »

Offline AsymmetricInformation

• View Profile
    • Truthcoin
The correct answer is "around August 20th", until someone trades otherwise.

https://www.fairlay.com/event/category/bitcoin/released-date/

Unless those who say otherwise have some other way of proving that they aren't lying. (I'm all ears).

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
What will XT include if not that? He says X will improve this over XT. XT is not gonna be ME(T), is it?
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 05:34:36 pm by tonyk »

Offline toast

• View Profile
Stay realistic:

The next release will be BitShares XT which is already a product but not the final goal BitShares X which also includes margin trading.

Hmm… ‘margin trading’ ?!?
Where is the paper/discussion on that?  Seems hard to achieve… let me read BM’s thoughts on that…

Weren't you participating in the BTS X attack thread? I think he just means short-selling with collateral

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
Stay realistic:

The next release will be BitShares XT which is already a product but not the final goal BitShares X which also includes margin trading.

Hmm… ‘margin trading’ ?!?
Where is the paper/discussion on that?  Seems hard to achieve… let me read BM’s thoughts on that…

Offline GaltReport

Very very soon  ;D

:D  +5%  :D

Within one month,I guess.

“There are two things we should always be 1. raw and 2. ready. When you are raw, you are always ready and when you are ready you usually realize that you are raw. Waiting for perfection is not an answer, one cannot say "I will be ready when I am perfect" because then you will never be ready, rather one must say "I am raw and I am ready just like this right now, how and who I am.”
― C. JoyBell C.

Interesting quote.  Reminds me of the saying "Don't let PERFECT be the enemy of GOOD."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perfect_is_the_enemy_of_good

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Stay realistic:

Offline mint chocolate chip

Very very soon  ;D

:D  +5%  :D

Within one month,I guess.

“There are two things we should always be 1. raw and 2. ready. When you are raw, you are always ready and when you are ready you usually realize that you are raw. Waiting for perfection is not an answer, one cannot say "I will be ready when I am perfect" because then you will never be ready, rather one must say "I am raw and I am ready just like this right now, how and who I am.”
― C. JoyBell C.