Author Topic: Against PTS2 (naming) and Using the fund in marketing  (Read 13726 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Great, Eddie got it right! Keep it simple! :)

40:35 and about a month ahead: cob "...the Bitshares Music Blockchain which Daniel Larimer is going to create..." I don't think this will / should be the case. Legal implications...

Great team!! Congrats!

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fuzzy

1) If you have 20K of AGS why have you only been a forum member for one week with a total of 8 posts on this forum?  I would think someone with such a large investment would be involved much earlier than a week and have more than 8 posts. (Unless you donated  20k worth all within the last week - which is clearly not the case). You seem to be aware of the earlier websites, invictus.io, past progress, etc, - so you're certainly not new to BitShares/Invictus.
--

Haha, this is exactly what I am waiting for. You took half length of your reply to prove I am a sockpuppet, no wonder why our website and social media suck. What is wrong with using another handle?? BM has second ID, and what if I am Dan (just kidding). I am a senior member of the forum and continuing making my contribution. I support this project but disagree with what is going on with the marketing.

2) What is your real name? Who are you? Why should I say "how hi?" when you say jump?  Mine name is Brian Page. Everyone knows my real name, my salary, what I look like, there isn't much privacy when you have a job like this, so how about you tell us who you are? You're of course not required to do so to speak on this forum, but you are if you want me to answer your questions.

Ha, why should I reveal myself. I am not taking 1 cent from AGS fund, but you do. Now you complaining about it? Nobody cares where you live, what you look like (although you are getting fatter and fatter since joining I3, nice salary hah?). We only care whether you are doing good. Obviously not. We all made mistakes, but the most concerning part is you refuse to admit it.

3) And finally, I suggest anyone who'd like to speak to me (including DonJoe) feel free to send me a PM and we'll set up a skype call, or join us on our next marketing conference call.  Or,  if you like,  feel free to come visit me and the team when I'm in VA.  My "door" is always open and I'm happy to discuss anything.  In fact, if Xeroc or Fuznuts would like to jump on a call, I'd also enjoy speaking with you two or anyone else, anytime. I don't hide behind the forum name MktDirector. 

I am not interested in a personal fight or a joint call with you. I think I should let you know that not only Xeroc and Fuznuts having questions, I received several PMs complaining about you or giving me advice to contact you. They will all look at your response and how you treat your shareholders.

Yes, the community has a right to ask questions (which I do answer in detail - as I did the last set of questions you're referred to in your post) - but I suspect there's something else going on here.  If you'd provide some clarity to my questions, I'd be happy to answer yours. 

The only answer I got from you is YOU ARE INVITED TO ST MARTIN! Nothing else. Stan is answering the question, not you. And there are still several questions unanswered. You have your right not answering them, I have my right to ask. All the I3 team is working great except you. I am going to give my 10th post as a poll to fire you. I think this is the second time the community want to fire you. Why it never happen to anyone else? I don't think you are able to figure it out.  Because I think you have never done any internet marketing job before, how did BM chose you?!

Stay cool, see you in next post.

Pretty sure I know who this is, actually..if the name is any clue.   If it is who I think it is, brian, he was here from CLOSE to genesis.  Id dare say even before launch of what is now called PTS because of legal reasons. If this is the case he has the shares he is saying he has.

But how does one know for certain this cloaked man is, in fact the jedi he seems?

« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 01:15:55 am by fuznuts »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
Great, Eddie got it right! Keep it simple! :)

40:35 and about a month ahead: cob "...the Bitshares Music Blockchain which Daniel Larimer is going to create..." I don't think this will / should be the case. Legal implications...

Great team!! Congrats!

Offline jae208

• View Profile
wow  :o I just read the poll by donjon

I do agree with what others have said about updates. Perhaps weekly updates
or something? Perhaps, it would have actually been a better idea to hire
a mkt director after there was a product that had been developed?

Well its a bit of a learning experience so we just have to wait and
see if Brian delivers and if in the future we'll think whether or
not he did a good job all these months.

Edit: *THIS IS IMPERATIVE

We need to get Brian Page and Dan Larimer to attend this. At least these two!

http://singularityhub.com/2014/05/09/discover-the-convergence-of-tech-and-finance-at-the-exponential-finance-conference-june-10-11/

List of Speakers:

http://exponential.singularityu.org/finance/june-2014-presenters
« Last Edit: June 03, 2014, 03:42:56 am by jae208 »
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Brian,
Other parts of the Angelshares funded ecosystem have daily updates (Bitshares and Keyhotee), maybe doing the same detailing your efforts would help keep the community informed of your value to the project and also be a great reason to document this important time in DAC history :)

What did you spend your time doing today?  What value are you providing to AGS investors?   

I think it's a mistake to attack criticism, if you're working hard there can be no complaints, help your critics see the truth.

Help your critics see the truth.  +5%
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile
Brian,
Other parts of the Angelshares funded ecosystem have daily updates (Bitshares and Keyhotee), maybe doing the same detailing your efforts would help keep the community informed of your value to the project and also be a great reason to document this important time in DAC history :)

What did you spend your time doing today?  What value are you providing to AGS investors?   

I think it's a mistake to attack criticism, if you're working hard there can be no complaints, help your critics see the truth.

+5% absolutely nailed it

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
Brian,

+5%

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
If you (DonJoe) made clear that the reasons for your questions are the success of invictus and would have left out any personal attacks and the violent undertone I think the whole post would have been way more effective. Groups can only work one way, which is together and never against each other. Constructive critique which can be the harder the more friendly it is expressed is essential. Critique for the purpose of anger management is not good for anyone.

+5%
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Brian,

Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
I would also like to see some answers to some of the questions. I know it is not Brian's focus to be on the forum but I also think that working together with the forum in terms of marketing is essentially important because it is effective and cheap! You dont have to hire extra people. It might not be Brian's thing but it can be learned. I also sent Brian a PM making suggestions for marketing and didn't get a reply. This is not very encouraging to give your time to help bitshares grow... A weekly update on marketing efforts is a great idea! In the end the people on the forum are not only the ones that form the community but for the most part also pay III staff salaries... 

I would appreciate it if Brian took the critique on the forum in general to heart. It can just make you better if you don't take it personally.

The problem is though that if you pressure someone he/she will only defend him/herself and not work on your inquiries. It is a natural tendency to fight back or at least block things if you get attacked personally. It helps to manage your (DonJoe) anger but it doesn't help much to move things forward together.

If you (DonJoe) made clear that the reasons for your questions are the success of invictus and would have left out any personal attacks and the violent undertone I think the whole post would have been way more effective. Groups can only work one way, which is together and never against each other. Constructive critique which can be the harder the more friendly it is expressed is essential. Critique for the purpose of anger management is not good for anyone.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 06:04:27 pm by delulo »

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
Xeroc,

As far as the community version of the newsletter is concerned, Yes, I fully support that.  The newsletter is Stan's baby. As far as I know he is planning to continue to release it on a regular basis. Generally, he asks for contributions from each member on the team and then compiles it as he has time. I think he was going to go to a bi-monthly newsletter.  B

Offline DonJoe

• View Profile
1) If you have 20K of AGS why have you only been a forum member for one week with a total of 8 posts on this forum?  I would think someone with such a large investment would be involved much earlier than a week and have more than 8 posts. (Unless you donated  20k worth all within the last week - which is clearly not the case). You seem to be aware of the earlier websites, invictus.io, past progress, etc, - so you're certainly not new to BitShares/Invictus.
--

Haha, this is exactly what I am waiting for. You took half length of your reply to prove I am a sockpuppet, no wonder why our website and social media suck. What is wrong with using another handle?? BM has second ID, and what if I am Dan (just kidding). I am a senior member of the forum and continuing making my contribution. I support this project but disagree with what is going on with the marketing.

2) What is your real name? Who are you? Why should I say "how hi?" when you say jump?  Mine name is Brian Page. Everyone knows my real name, my salary, what I look like, there isn't much privacy when you have a job like this, so how about you tell us who you are? You're of course not required to do so to speak on this forum, but you are if you want me to answer your questions.

Ha, why should I reveal myself. I am not taking 1 cent from AGS fund, but you do. Now you complaining about it? Nobody cares where you live, what you look like (although you are getting fatter and fatter since joining I3, nice salary hah?). We only care whether you are doing good. Obviously not. We all made mistakes, but the most concerning part is you refuse to admit it.

3) And finally, I suggest anyone who'd like to speak to me (including DonJoe) feel free to send me a PM and we'll set up a skype call, or join us on our next marketing conference call.  Or,  if you like,  feel free to come visit me and the team when I'm in VA.  My "door" is always open and I'm happy to discuss anything.  In fact, if Xeroc or Fuznuts would like to jump on a call, I'd also enjoy speaking with you two or anyone else, anytime. I don't hide behind the forum name MktDirector. 

I am not interested in a personal fight or a joint call with you. I think I should let you know that not only Xeroc and Fuznuts having questions, I received several PMs complaining about you or giving me advice to contact you. They will all look at your response and how you treat your shareholders.

Yes, the community has a right to ask questions (which I do answer in detail - as I did the last set of questions you're referred to in your post) - but I suspect there's something else going on here.  If you'd provide some clarity to my questions, I'd be happy to answer yours. 

The only answer I got from you is YOU ARE INVITED TO ST MARTIN! Nothing else. Stan is answering the question, not you. And there are still several questions unanswered. You have your right not answering them, I have my right to ask. All the I3 team is working great except you. I am going to give my 10th post as a poll to fire you. I think this is the second time the community want to fire you. Why it never happen to anyone else? I don't think you are able to figure it out.  Because I think you have never done any internet marketing job before, how did BM chose you?!

Stay cool, see you in next post.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Here's your chance to get your 9th post. - Go
Outsch :-)

nice post btw.

However, knowing a little more about what you are doing/planing/organizing whould take the wind out of the sails here (is this 'correct' english?)

I'd also appreciate if you could answer my question from my previous post:
@mkdirector: Have you forgotten about the newsletter, You could at least tell us you opinion about our efforts to create a community version of the newsletter as the last newsletter is several months old!!

Offline MktDirector

• View Profile
You know, the great thing about a forum is that it allows anyone to be heard.  The bad thing about a forum is that it allows anyone to be heard.  One can speak anonymously and critically about anyone at any time, demand answers to lists of questions, set oneself up as judge and jury, expect no less than to have all questions answered immediately, all with no need to open oneself up to personal scrutiny or even reveal your identity. Gotta love it.

Xeroc and fuznuts (for example) are two respected long time hero forum members and I take what they say seriously, even if we don't always agree with one another.  :)  If they were asking the questions, I'd be more inclined to answer.  DonJoe, on the other hand, joined the forum 7 days ago.  So, yes, I'll answer your questions, but before I do, I'd respectfully ask that you first answer mine.

In the meantime, I believe you're someone who's already been a long time member on this forum.  You signed up for a new handle so they could come here and bash me (and other members) of the core team. You signed up for this new name so you could do just this - criticize from a position of anonymity. It's obvious what's going on here to me and likely other senior members of this forum.

Here's your chance to get your 9th post. - Go

Brian Page, MktDirector
--

Offline DonJoe

• View Profile
Dear Mr. Page, could you please address my concerns about the current marketing situation?

I am really worried about what you are doing is harmful to bitshares project, just like what super3 did.

Thanks xeroc and fuznuts for your thought. I am going to send a PM to MktDirector about these questions.