Author Topic: Against PTS2 (naming) and Using the fund in marketing  (Read 13715 times)

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
1. I agree DPOS is necessary for PTS, why can't you just hard fork PTS and keep using the PTS name instead of PTS2? Leaving both PTS and PTS2 in the market is like leaving one of your child in the wild wide and die. Just announce a client hard fork and do the mapping. PTS miner will disappear and everyone upgrade their client.

2. Giving the rest PTS to marketing??? LOL. Let's look what the marketing team has done with AGS fund (below are what I found with a quick glance of the spending spreadsheet).

To me, all of these spending is not clear. Look what mastercoin foundation is doing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtCyUJvk_IyNdGpVcnpBN2tOczFmbVRnck5TWjZuRFE&usp=sharing#gid=0

After 5 months marketing, BTS still remain unknown to lots of BTCers. I3 need to think of the problem instead of taking every cent from community. PTS used to be the top 5 in marketcap at the end of last year and there were no marketing. After DPOS PTS, GIVE the remaining PTS to DEVELOPERS!!! Good product is the best marketing. And we really should change the AGS spending to bounty based instead of salary based (except developers). What I see is 5 core dev working really hard day and night, with another 20 ppl sucking AGS money for doing little thing.

+5% +10086

Offline DonJoe

• View Profile
I have been following the project since Oct last year and was mining from day 1 on Nov. 5th. After half and year, I saw I3 is veryvery good in collecting money and all the product is PTS and a large forum. And now you want to take the other 360k PTS? Are you short of funding to travel to St. Martin?? :-[ Can anyone tell me who is using the AGS money travel to St. Martin??? Why the current AGS funding is spending on worthless website refinement and unnecessary staff but not paying to Peter Todd or Sergio to review the code and suggestion?

PTS is really slow now because the difficulty is not adjusted every block. It is design flaw, not the fault of miner. I can only see all the miners now are very loyal and should be rewarded. Other coins are talking pre-mine from genesis block, but I3 is taking it at the end. Sounds bad, but truth, isn't it?

Offline DonJoe

• View Profile
Salary is necessary to attract people to join bitshares project full time, it is lots of sacrifice.

We may need a monthly statement to let shareholders know how much balance we have in AGS (BTC, PTS, dollars).

Sacrifice does not mean he is capable to finish the job. Arlen got 1327PTS in April, what is his job. I found his position is software VP, but I can't find a single line from him in Github. As a shareholder, I can't vote to reduce the salary of Brian, Arlen and firing the mysterious Poland team, neither can I increase the compensation to BM, unlimited_power and hackfisher, who are actually coding....

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Salary is necessary to attract people to join bitshares project full time, it is lots of sacrifice.

We may need a monthly statement to let shareholders know how much balance we have in AGS (BTC, PTS, dollars).
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline DonJoe

• View Profile
1. I agree DPOS is necessary for PTS, why can't you just hard fork PTS and keep using the PTS name instead of PTS2? Leaving both PTS and PTS2 in the market is like leaving one of your child in the wild wide and die. Just announce a client hard fork and do the mapping. PTS miner will disappear and everyone upgrade their client.

2. Giving the rest PTS to marketing??? LOL. Let's look what the marketing team has done with AGS fund (below are what I found with a quick glance of the spending spreadsheet).

To me, all of these spending is not clear. Look what mastercoin foundation is doing: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AtCyUJvk_IyNdGpVcnpBN2tOczFmbVRnck5TWjZuRFE&usp=sharing#gid=0

After 5 months marketing, BTS still remain unknown to lots of BTCers. I3 need to think of the problem instead of taking every cent from community. PTS used to be the top 5 in marketcap at the end of last year and there were no marketing. After DPOS PTS, GIVE the remaining PTS to DEVELOPERS!!! Good product is the best marketing. And we really should change the AGS spending to bounty based instead of salary based (except developers). What I see is 5 core dev working really hard day and night, with another 20 ppl sucking AGS money for doing little thing.