Author Topic: Lighthouse. Another Bitshares Me competitor ?  (Read 2836 times)

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

The project in the OP is not a ME competitor. It doesn't allow the issuance of customized assets. Judging the function, this is an applications for a specific smart contract / conditional payment.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
There might even be a grant to help one of the weekly winners graduate to an independent DAC...

OMG NO, do not perpetuate the idea that a DAC is anything whose shares are on a blockchain. Didn't BM have a quote like "people think DACs are a way to IPO their centralized company on a blockchain and this is wrong".

Maybe we need a new word other than "DAC" to specifically mean "value-adding incentive structure" / "economic mechanism on a blockchain"

Good point.  What was I thinking?  Never do math or brainstorming in public or while sleep deprived!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
There will be many bitshares.me competitors, most of which will have their own token solution.  The question will be when does Bitshares.me come out, I suspect it will be quite late compared to the competition.
What do you mean by own token solution?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 06:08:20 pm by delulo »

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
There will be many bitshares.me competitors, most of which will have their own token solution.  The question will be when does Bitshares.me come out, I suspect it will be quite late compared to the competition.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
There might even be a grant to help one of the weekly winners graduate to an independent DAC...

OMG NO, do not perpetuate the idea that a DAC is anything whose shares are on a blockchain. Didn't BM have a quote like "people think DACs are a way to IPO their centralized company on a blockchain and this is wrong".

Maybe we need a new word other than "DAC" to specifically mean "value-adding incentive structure" / "economic mechanism on a blockchain"
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 04:13:13 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
New Decentralized Crowdfunding Platform Could Reshape Bitcoin Landscape

http://www.coindesk.com/new-decentralized-crowdfunding-platform-reshape-bitcoin-landscape/

Great idea, but not really the same thing.

Still, that raises a question, when ME come out after PTS2, how do we turn it into the next Facebook or Twitter?  How do we get everyone to do their own "IPO" from Lucy's Lemonade to BitShares Music?

Certainly a Shark Tank competition for the best new "IPOs" with a $10,000 prize every week might prime the pump.  And once there are a few dozen trade-worthy offerings to speculate on, we've got a great training ground for people to move up to the major leagues of trading DACs, currencies, and commodities on the X chains.

Just sayin'...
https://www.counterparty.co/silicon-valley-recap/
http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/263r1k/coinscrum_launchpad_5th_june_at_google_campus/
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4059.msg50857#msg50857
...mainstream education/marketing and b2b ties
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 01:15:22 pm by delulo »

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile

http://www.coindesk.com/new-decentralized-crowdfunding-platform-reshape-bitcoin-landscape/

Still, that raises a question, when ME come out after PTS2, how do we turn it into the next Facebook or Twitter?  How do we get everyone to do their own "IPO" from Lucy's Lemonade to BitShares Music?

Certainly a Shark Tank competition for the best new "IPOs" with a $10,000 prize every week might prime the pump.  And once there are a few dozen trade-worthy offerings to speculate on, we've got a great training ground for people to move up to the major leagues of trading DACs, currencies, and commodities on the X chains.

Just sayin'...

I think Keyhotee will be more effective for getting people on the platform than throwing money at them.  If Keyhotee is a solid decentralized system for secure communication and ID management, and if there's also support for reputation or feedback management, then I think people will flock to it.  If people flock to Keyhotee, then Bitshares ME will be the obvious host for their IPO, being the platform most integrated with their secure online identity and reputation.

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Just sayin'...

This would be a great place for you (or any of the Invictus Team) to utilize the community to decide which DAC ideas are most interesting to them so there is a higher likelihood of support from the community.  Let them decide which ones are the best and then interview them in an Open Source Community Voice Session.  Let any journalist, pundit or cryptokiddy have easy access to it and they will propagate the content themselves to carve a reputation in the space.  Let community members give you alternative approaches and ideas...many times just one idea from community members has changed your approach!  This also sets the foundation for the community to honor Invictus as listening to their opinions...let the content be edited, stored and propagated naturally. 

You have this free server, and it is for everyone--so don't be afraid to use it to create content and invite the community to give voice to your plans and any adaptations seen as necessary along the way.  Suggestion to check this link:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4639.0

Good point, we need better ways like this to get ideas vetted into candidates and then matured into contenders!
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline fuzzy

Just sayin'...

This would be a great place for you (or any of the Invictus Team) to utilize the community to decide which DAC ideas are most interesting to them so there is a higher likelihood of support from the community.  Let them decide which ones are the best and then interview them in an Open Source Community Voice Session.  Let any journalist, pundit or cryptokiddy have easy access to it and they will propagate the content themselves to carve a reputation in the space.  Let community members give you alternative approaches and ideas...many times just one idea from community members has changed your approach!  This also sets the foundation for the community to honor Invictus as listening to their opinions...let the content be edited, stored and propagated naturally. 

You have this free server, and it is for everyone--so don't be afraid to use it to create content and invite the community to give voice to your plans and any adaptations seen as necessary along the way.  Suggestion to check this link:  https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4639.0 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

Just sayin'...

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile