Author Topic: Invictus & Cryptonote  (Read 2216 times)

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
Hello friends,

There is a very interesting new algorithm out that has changed the landscape, enabling true anonymous transactions and data privacy.

I would like the community to investigate the possibility of application within Invictus. There are many ways we can benefit from this technology.

Invictus and Cryptonote share fundamental philosophy, a collaboration could prove worthy.

https://cryptonote.org/inside.php

From the look of it, it seems it would cost a lot of development time to implement. Can you give some use-cases as for why it would be needed? I think you could create privacy just fine without all of these lengths so why do we need this?

Your BTC is not anonymous at all. A detailed blockchain analysis can pinpoint all of your activity and your bitcoin net worth. Analysing exchanges also provides links to the other coin wallets. Mixing services are inherently flawed. Even darkcoins dreams of incorporating masternodes are redundant. With cryptonote technology, it is impossible to establish a link. Even if a wallet is detained for analysis, you cannot establish a trail. Although, there is still much work to be done.

It is very interesting how this technology will be viewed by regulatory bodies. Although many applications will prove legitimate, as with like cash, fiat or bitcoin there are always those who do the wrong thing.

If Invictus where to ever release a version of this software (done with their magic!) it would be very exciting.

Invictus continue as pioneers in the digital world. As delivery nears the anticipation is high- a very special moment in crypto!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Isn't that related to bitmonero?

I think so, the new name is monero. It is still POW
yep .. bitmonero is pow ... difficulty is high too.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

I think so, the new name is monero. It is still POW
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Hello friends,

There is a very interesting new algorithm out that has changed the landscape, enabling true anonymous transactions and data privacy.

I would like the community to investigate the possibility of application within Invictus. There are many ways we can benefit from this technology.

Invictus and Cryptonote share fundamental philosophy, a collaboration could prove worthy.

From the look of it, it seems it would cost a lot of development time to implement. Can you give some use-cases as for why it would be needed? I think you could create privacy just fine without all of these lengths so why do we need this?

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bytemaster

This is a very interesting concept, very close to one I've been working out. Their modified Diffie Helman might have attack vectors we don't know about. I love the Diffie Helman algorithm, however it has been cracked in the past therefore it is not safe to use. It depends how they use it of course. Time will tell. This needs to be proven as a concept first before rushing into integrating into I3

I like the approach, but think it gains little on our approach.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
This is a very interesting concept, very close to one I've been working out. Their modified Diffie Helman might have attack vectors we don't know about. I love the Diffie Helman algorithm, however it has been cracked in the past therefore it is not safe to use. It depends how they use it of course. Time will tell. This needs to be proven as a concept first before rushing into integrating into I3

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
Hello friends,