Author Topic: Orphaned Ideas Still Worthy of Discussion  (Read 4362 times)

Offline nodata

• View Profile
I still think having the wallet expanded to other platforms is essential to get people to see it. One of the largest platforms in the world right now is android.

Even if it was a web wallet that supports mobile devices, thats a huge user base that could start using it. A web wallet with mobile support might even be better than an android app; it, ideally, would be iOS compatible.. apple still has that ban on crypto wallets for iOS and iOS has another HUGE user base thats ripe for exposure.

Offline barwizi

• Noirbits, NoirShares, NoirEx.....lol, noir anyone?
    • View Profile
    • Noirbitstalk.org
Well, on the helpdesk you mentioned upgrading PTS. I am in agreement with the general idea but have a fw points to add.

There is talk of expanding the money supply, this i think is wrong. IMHO the best strategy is a 1:1 mapping of the PTS chain on a similar Xsatoshi client and leave it to typical PoS implementations. With the right specs, we can keep a viable chain moving off PoS only. (tried and tested) Our  product NRS has done this for a while now. The well picked timespans and % stake rates have ensure the blocks move at a wonderful pace.

On to the suggestions of expanding the supply, i think the best way to do this is a chain that starts with DPoS right from the start but is seperate from PTS.  My reasoning is as follows:-

1)I mined and worked and bought all my PTS, and there are promises made to me for all the effort in PTS. I would rather not have these affected by a expansion of the money supply.

2) The AGS issue lost us a lot of the supporters who started out, let's not make the same situation happen.

So, lets have a new Token, BTST, that has the features we require, and is added to our suite, but maintains a somewhat lesser role than PTS and AGS.

PTS=1 AGS=1 , BTST=(0.05) maybe

those numbers allow for a larger supply that does not threaten the position of PTS and AGS
--Bar--  PiNEJGUv4AZVZkLuF6hV4xwbYTRp5etWWJ

The magical land of crypto, no freebies people.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Perhaps the most important thing is getting a decent product out right at the start of the next Bitcoin rally. If everything goes as yesteryear it will start to happen within the next five or so weeks. Timing is crucial.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
It can be any charity (good and well known) from cancer research to the gates foundation, I am not to decide, and of course it should not be just one. That is a bigger debate to have if we decide to do so.

How would the charity will use it? to finance their projects, or keep it for future investment?

How do you address the fact that to benefit from a charitable donation the first thing a charity would have to do is sell the donation, putting pressure on share price?  While they could keep it as an investment, that's not what most charities do.

I was also thinking that myself, we could put a clause on the donation or release the donation over a period of time.

+5% +5% +5%

PS The charity would suport us for that time because they want the donation value to rise as possible !
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:43:33 pm by liondani »

Offline betax

• View Profile
It can be any charity (good and well known) from cancer research to the gates foundation, I am not to decide, and of course it should not be just one. That is a bigger debate to have if we decide to do so.

How would the charity will use it? to finance their projects, or keep it for future investment?

How do you address the fact that to benefit from a charitable donation the first thing a charity would have to do is sell the donation, putting pressure on share price?  While they could keep it as an investment, that's not what most charities do.

I was also thinking that myself, we could put a clause on the donation or release the donation over a period of time.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
My suggestion would be to clone the new PTS2 coin (or whatever it will be called). Then airdrop 100% of it to AGS holders once the AGS donation period has ended, claimable only by those who have keys to donor addresses. Let them sell it or keep it, their choice. This would unlock some monetary value for those folks who don't want to hold or anyone else who wants to trim their holdings. And it would not hurt 3I the way that an early end to AGS would leave less for development/marketing. Plus, this would give new interested "investors" a chance to join late and still participate by buying AGS coins. And then use that new AGS coin for any future DACs to take their AGS snapshots.

To clarify, are you suggesting making both PTS and AGS liquid on their own DPOS chains?

Yes, but only after the AGS donation period is through, so that making AGS liquid simply unlocks the value for holders and does not harm Invictus' ability to fund developers and marketing.

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
In my humble opinion charitable donations are a discussion for what to do profits, not funds that were already "donated" for a specific cause. More importantly charitable donations should be decisions taken by individuals, not a community, especially when that community is already trying to accomplish so much with limited resources.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
I cant hear all these liquid-ags talks any longer :-(

Why not summarize them here?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline betax

• View Profile

How would the charity will use it? to finance their projects, or keep it for future investment.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I am all for charities, as you know from lotto and previous thread.

Why?

Number 1: Charities / Good causes will make (hopefully) the best use of the money.

And of course:

It helps to launch the charity / lotto DAC, as it initialises the selection of potential charities.
It will help to clear bad images of crypto in general and show our good will.
It will introduce to people outside of the crypto circle, the potentials of DACs and the offerings we provide.
Many others...

Can you flesh this out more?  "Charity" has positive connotations of doing good things, but picking one that's actually worthwhile, and that actually wants to use what we have is more difficult.  What good causes are you suggesting we support, and how?

Offline betax

• View Profile
I am all for charities, as you know from lotto and previous thread.

Why?

Number 1: Charities / Good causes will make (hopefully) the best use of the money.

And of course:

It helps to launch the charity / lotto DAC, as it initialises the selection of potential charities.
It will help to clear bad images of crypto in general and show our good will.
It will introduce to people outside of the crypto circle, the potentials of DACs and the offerings we provide.
Many others...

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
For community outreach, I recommend the Google Fiber approach.  I think the we should start a competition between communities and honor the communities with the highest demand with snapshots granting their chains a stake in what we're doing, much as Google selected cities and neighborhoods for Fiber internet service rollout.  This solution is (relatively) low effort on our part compared to running and judging competitions, could generate massive publicity, and ends up with stake distribution to active communities who actually want it.

One (somewhat messy) idea for gauging the interest of the different communities would be to ask them to use vanitygen, and at a designated time see which chain has the greatest percentage of its total supply in addresses marked "BTS".  Effectively this gives us advertising space in other blockchains and gets people talking and learning about bitshares, while selecting an interested community to recruit to join us by snapshot distribution, either to the entire chain, or specifically to the vanitygen marked interested parties within that chain.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I cant hear all these liquid-ags talks any longer :-(

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
My suggestion would be to clone the new PTS2 coin (or whatever it will be called). Then airdrop 100% of it to AGS holders once the AGS donation period has ended, claimable only by those who have keys to donor addresses. Let them sell it or keep it, their choice. This would unlock some monetary value for those folks who don't want to hold or anyone else who wants to trim their holdings. And it would not hurt 3I the way that an early end to AGS would leave less for development/marketing. Plus, this would give new interested "investors" a chance to join late and still participate by buying AGS coins. And then use that new AGS coin for any future DACs to take their AGS snapshots.

To clarify, are you suggesting making both PTS and AGS liquid on their own DPOS chains?