Author Topic: Will I need to always sync the whole Keyhotee ID blockchain?  (Read 3717 times)

Offline bytemaster

We are working on a light-client solution for the DPOS chains that will allow you to lookup IDs and if they lie they get fired.

You look up the ID from 2 or more independent servers.

If you want privacy then you will have to download the full chain.   
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Say someone new sends me their Keyhotee ID, I then need to have an up-to-date local copy of the Keyhotee blockchain to be sure I know what public key that ID is mapped to.

So this leads to another scaling issue - if Keyhotee becomes popular and the blockchain grows into gigabytes like Bitcoin's has - will this be too much of an inconvenience?

We could use a lite client like Electrum, but then you have trust issues about whether the Keyhotee lite server is telling you the right public key. Many Bitcoin users cant be bothered to sync all the time and prefer lite clients - which works for currency because all the server can lie about is whether you have received your payment or not.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 11:18:51 am by trader »