Author Topic: LottoShares, You probably wouldn't be interested in this™ - It's Live!  (Read 50306 times)

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline Ether

• View Profile
I can see my LTS in GST explorer where do I do to get my LTS, is there Bitcoin like wallet I need?

Offline GaltReport

FYI, you may need to run with -salvagewallet option to recover your LTS!!

Offline callmeluc

• View Profile
Downloading of blocks data stopped for almost 9 days, anything wrong?
BTS_自扯自淡

Offline balthazr

• View Profile
man, leaving couple thousand MMC on bter.com, how can i redeem it  >:(

Offline Avant

• View Profile
On importing a private key, an error occurs if the wallet is locked. The wallet does not specify what to do if this is attempted, but just displays an error number - implying perhaps that the private key was incorrect; so some users will need clearer instructions on this. To fix the problem, just unlock wallet before importing keys.
Thank you, pgbit.
You got to the point.
PTS: PvhU2D9ViKygoBQTgh9zeKuFTqi8j3TRjy
BTS: avanty

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
On importing a private key, an error occurs if the wallet is locked. The wallet does not specify what to do if this is attempted, but just displays an error number - implying perhaps that the private key was incorrect; so some users will need clearer instructions on this. To fix the problem, just unlock wallet before importing keys.

Offline Avant

• View Profile
The problem is done. Thanks!

How did you fix? I'm seeing others report the same problem.

I did not fix the problem.
I faced the problem in the mac version, although I imported PTS private key successfully.
In the windows version, the problem did not occur.
I don't know why.

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
how about in multibit client?

In order to extract your private key from multibit, you must export the .key file using the Export option in the multibit client

once you have extracted the key, you must open it in a text file. note: you cannot put a password on the exported file if you wish to view the private key

I got the idea thank you.

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile

In order to extract your private key from multibit, you must export the .key file using the Export option in the multibit client

once you have extracted the key, you must open it in a text file. note: you cannot put a password on the exported file if you wish to view the private key

Offline Simeon II

• View Profile
for AGS - PTS shareholders, even if we import the keys we cannot play until 2.5 months have passed correct? So in any case we should wait until 2.5 months have passed before we import our keys, or have I misunderstood?

I do not think you are forbidden to play for 2.5 mo.
So you can play, just with other/additional funds...

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
for AGS - PTS shareholders, even if we import the keys we cannot play until 2.5 months have passed correct? So in any case we should wait until 2.5 months have passed before we import our keys, or have I misunderstood?

That's correct - 2.5 months is the shortest you might have to wait. I imported my AGS and MMC keys, and the AGS matures in 2.5 months but the MMC doesn't mature until about a year from now.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline mf-tzo

• View Profile

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
The best way would be to covert AGS to a coin like PTS. In that way everytime there is a snapshot we can just transfer the balance to another address. Maybe even combine AGS and PTS into a single unified DPoS coin (I had given a complicated suggestion earlier which involved merging PTS, AGS & BTS XT).

I made a similar sugestion for different reasons but was met with some very good responses for why AGS is not made liquid
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=5546.msg75181#msg75181

Thanks for the update FreeTrader.
I will wait around for my LTS to mature and collect at a later stage once the priv key issue has been resolved.

Its not that I dont trust the LTS client with my private keys, but its that I dont want to export and import my private keys at all as this exposes them (eg. pc viruses/spyware etc).

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
There are orders on the NHZ asset exchange, and it looks like at least one person went and bought NHZ on poloniex specifically so they could buy some LTS. FreeTrade, maybe you should update your bitcointalk announcement to put the NHZ AE under exchanges.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

sumantso

The best way would be to covert AGS to a coin like PTS. In that way everytime there is a snapshot we can just transfer the balance to another address. Maybe even combine AGS and PTS into a single unified DPoS coin (I had given a complicated suggestion earlier which involved merging PTS, AGS & BTS XT).

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
Yeah, this recommendation concerns me a little, especially since my biggest balances are AGS and we can't move those.  I already imported my private keys so I hope these are just precautionary measures.  Is this a real risk? Should I  :'(?

There's a chain of trust involved in getting the software to you - if you're reading and compiling yourself, that's the shortest chain - you're just trusting the code I've published and that your own system isn't compromised.
If you're using the binaries, or relying on someone else to vet the code, that chain is longer, you're trusting the compiler isn't compromised, that his system/software isn't compromised, that the network isn't compromised, that github and that your own system isn't compromised.
We're looking at other ways to handle this private key issue that require less risk and trust.
For now, there is no reason to import AGS/MMC/PTS keys - those balances don't start maturing for another 2 months anyway.

Wow! Now that I know this I'm very surprised the community would support any DAC without reviewing the code first.  Why are these risks only being brought up now?  No offense, but the code should have been completely reviewed before it was agreed to have it's own section in the forum and be fully supported.  Thank you for adding AGS/PTS to the distribution list, but at what cost do we blindly support a DAC?

At this early stage in the developement of DACs and this community, the leadership of Invictus has the most to say.  I'm pointing at I3 for not making this an important issue.  It could potentially compromise the entire project. No?

Sure, it's very important and we should be concerned with security and all that - but FreeTrade has been around forever, and as far as I'm concerned he's a trusted dev. I believe he created PTS - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

So what you're saying is absolutely true, but in this particular instance the community (and, I believe, I3) decided there wasn't much to be afraid of.

Considering there seem to be people in this community that don't feel comfortable importing AGS private keys to get LTS, I have to disagree with this statement. If this is such a real risk then a security measure/fix should have been a top priority since the inception of AGS.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:54:49 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
Yeah, this recommendation concerns me a little, especially since my biggest balances are AGS and we can't move those.  I already imported my private keys so I hope these are just precautionary measures.  Is this a real risk? Should I  :'(?

There's a chain of trust involved in getting the software to you - if you're reading and compiling yourself, that's the shortest chain - you're just trusting the code I've published and that your own system isn't compromised.
If you're using the binaries, or relying on someone else to vet the code, that chain is longer, you're trusting the compiler isn't compromised, that his system/software isn't compromised, that the network isn't compromised, that github and that your own system isn't compromised.
We're looking at other ways to handle this private key issue that require less risk and trust.
For now, there is no reason to import AGS/MMC/PTS keys - those balances don't start maturing for another 2 months anyway.

Wow! Now that I know this I'm very surprised the community would support any DAC without reviewing the code first.  Why are these risks only being brought up now?  No offense, but the code should have been completely reviewed before it was agreed to have it's own section in the forum and be fully supported.  Thank you for adding AGS/PTS to the distribution list, but at what cost do we blindly support a DAC?

At this early stage in the developement of DACs and this community, the leadership of Invictus has the most to say.  I'm pointing at I3 for not making this an important issue.  It could potentially compromise the entire project. No?

Sure, it's very important and we should be concerned with security and all that - but FreeTrade has been around forever, and as far as I'm concerned he's a trusted dev. I believe he created PTS - someone correct me if I'm wrong.

So what you're saying is absolutely true, but in this particular instance the community (and, I believe, I3) decided there wasn't much to be afraid of.

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
You can use your btc/mmc/pts-wallets with lottoshares. At least it worked for me ;)

The security risk is about the same though. We have to trust freetrade or check his code.
Yep also claimed with PTS, no problem. With AGS its a bit more risky

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile

« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 01:25:40 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline pharesim

• View Profile
    • Horizon [HZ]
You can use your btc/mmc/pts-wallets with lottoshares. At least it worked for me ;)

The security risk is about the same though. We have to trust freetrade or check his code.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Yep this is a real risk.
If someone has your private keys for AGS they could take your shares in BitsharesX when it comes out.
Personally I am waiting around for trusted software or client that will allow for importing wallets without the need for using private keys.

Thanks why I would like to know from FreeTrader whether we need to claim our shares for them to start maturing or will they mature automatically and we can claim whenever we want.

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
We strongly recommend you move your BTC/DOGE/PTS/MMC/ShareCoin/FootballCoin balance to new wallet before importing your keys or wallets in LottoShares.

I'll be writing a guide on this shortly.

Why ?
Is it possible that my private keys are getting disclosed or something ?

Offline JA

• View Profile
We strongly recommend you move your BTC/DOGE/PTS/MMC/ShareCoin/FootballCoin balance to new wallet before importing your keys or wallets in LottoShares.

I'll be writing a guide on this shortly.

Why ?
Is it possible that my private keys are getting disclosed or something ?

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies

00:49:20

getmininginfo

00:49:20

{
"blocks" : 898,
"currentblocksize" : 8083,
"currentblocktx" : 16,
"difficulty" : 3.95279908,
"errors" : "",
"generate" : true,
"genproclimit" : 2,
"hashespersec" : 1349,
"networkhashps" : 78872674,
"pooledtx" : 18,
"testnet" : false
}

I was expecting this tomorrow.  Its gonna be a few hours til I can get my old mining rigs pointed at a proper client and spun up.  I am happy to see that you seem to have gotten a decent hash rate simply from BTT. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
The problem is done. Thanks!

How did you fix? I'm seeing others report the same problem.

Offline Avant

• View Profile

Offline Avant

• View Profile
Neat! Imported my AGS privkey, and lo and behold, it tells me I have some immature LTS, and apparently they're supposed to mature in 2.5 months. Thanks, FreeTrade, this is cool!

How do you import AGS priv key?

You find your BTC address that you donated to AGS with, let's call it 1addy-------------. Then you go to help->debug in Bitcoin-qt, and then click on the Console tab.
type
Code: [Select]
dumpprivkey 1addy------------- The text it spits out (let's call it AGSprivkey---------------) is your AGS private key! Be careful, the fact that you have to do this is one of the major vulnerabilities of AGS. If someone manages to steal the key, you could lose your entire donation.

Anyway, open up the lottoshares client, go to the console in it, type
importprivkey AGSprivkey--------------- hit enter, and wait a few minutes. If it works, you should see immature LTS show up in your wallet soon.

Thank you! I tried to get LTS from PTS, and it succeed. But I failed to get LTS from BTC AGS.  The error information is "Error adding key to wallet (code -4)".
My BTC address is 17enyuDJz5w5ybgKcsATgfgxQrhnB5Szu5. http://www1.agsexplorer.com/balances/17enyuDJz5w5ybgKcsATgfgxQrhnB5Szu5
I don't know why.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2014, 04:35:27 am by Avant »

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
will try to import my privkeys also when get time to. great work FreeTrade
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website
I think in multibit you export your private let to a text file or something along those lines. I bet 5 minutes of poking around would get you your answer.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile
Neat! Imported my AGS privkey, and lo and behold, it tells me I have some immature LTS, and apparently they're supposed to mature in 2.5 months. Thanks, FreeTrade, this is cool!

You find your BTC address that you donated to AGS with, let's call it 1addy-------------. Then you go to help->debug in Bitcoin-qt, and then click on the Console tab.
type
dumpprivkey 1addy------------- The text it spits out (let's call it AGSprivkey---------------) is your AGS private key! Be careful, the fact that you have to do this is one of the major vulnerabilities of AGS. If someone manages to steal the key, you could lose your entire donation.

importprivkey AGSprivkey--------------- hit enter, and wait a few minutes. If it works, you should see immature LTS show up in your wallet soon.

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

type

Offline jwiz168

• View Profile

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
Please provide some details on how to obtain LTS from angelshare balances.
Also how long do balances take to confirm.
Looks fun  :D

Offline GaltReport

Got wallet running no problem.  Closed wallet and copied my protoshares wallet.dat file to lottoshares directory, restarted lottoshares wallet and have a current balance of 0.00 LTS, some unconformed LTS and some immmature LTS !!!

Good job. Glad to see stuff work as planned. 

Can someone enlighten me a bit on what happens to the unconfirmed and immature balances from here?

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
No may be a good time to put up detailed instructions on how to claim your shares.

Offline biophil

• View Profile
    • My Academic Website

Offline mitao

• View Profile

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile

Offline emre

• View Profile
really excited the for launch -- no need to rush though.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Take your time, but make sure it's perfectly working when it launches

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

Offline pharesim

• View Profile
    • Horizon [HZ]
i've missed the snapshot but would be very interested on buying LTS. Im guessing it's still too early to speculate when that would be possible?

There's no announcement yet, but we're working on a way to trade LTS at launch. Stay tuned!
Meet you on STEEM

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
i've missed the snapshot but would be very interested on buying LTS. Im guessing it's still too early to speculate when that would be possible?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Is the random period provably random or is it going to be one that makes sure your shares get vested first?

That's a great question - I've answered here on our new forum -
http://forum.lottoshares.org/topic/5/randomness-of-vested-shares-maturation-blocks

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Is the random period provably random or is it going to be one that makes sure your shares get vested first?

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Note - latest announcement information moved to -

http://forum.lottoshares.org/topic/4/lottoshares-you-probably-wouldn-t-be-interested-in-this-launch-july-8th

Vesting period is now  (60 + rand(365))days  rather than  (90 + rand(365))days

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
Where is the website / client / instructions for claiming?
Lottoshares hasn't been released yet. Once it's released then it will be relatively simple to claim and instructions will be posted. Keep eye on this thread!

Xeldal

Where is the website / client / instructions for claiming? 

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Distribution blocks are in -

MMC/Block #39,983
Time:    5/31/2014 11:50:26 PM (UTC)

PTS/Block #65,959
Time:    5/31/2014 11:04:00 PM (UTC)

!@#$(!*@#$ Cryptsy.  They'd always processed PTS immediately until yesterday.  My latest withdrawal was on block 65960.  Story of my life.  Less gambling for me but perhaps Big Vern won't need to go to Vegas as soon.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline funklr

• View Profile

Offline voldemort628

• View Profile
Hi Freetrade, what about ags holders?

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Distribution blocks are in -

MMC/Block #39,983
Time:    5/31/2014 11:50:26 PM (UTC)

PTS/Block #65,959
Time:    5/31/2014 11:04:00 PM (UTC)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You wait for the wallet and import yourt pts wallet into it ...

Offline dbstmddhks

• View Profile
I send whole my pts to my wallet
And how do I get lottoshare after snapshot ? :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Why does the title still say Launch Suspended?
The launchdate for his LottoShares is suspended
Snapshot will take place 31.May

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Why does the title still say Launch Suspended?

Offline longriver

• View Profile

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
What about PTS on exchanges, should be retrieved to wallet as usual?

Yes, absolutely. As an aside, I'd recommend keeping your crypto coins and equities offline as much as possible. I know the exchanges are convenient, but there have been so many compromises and thefts, the risk is just not worth it even with the most reputable exchanges.

Offline SyRenity

• View Profile
What about PTS on exchanges, should be retrieved to wallet as usual?

Offline pgbit

• View Profile
"Distribution date for ProtoShares and MemoryCoin will be the last block before the end of May 2014 UTC."

In view of the ? launch delay, are snapshots being taken still in 2 days?

edit. OK. I need to read the right thread. https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4774.0;topicseen
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 09:20:19 am by pgbit »

Offline networker

• View Profile
Hope to see it launch very soon

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
how often will numbers be drawn and prizes awarded?

Looks like it's going to be every block with prizes coming in the block following the next set of NY lottery numbers.

Offline jae208

• View Profile
how often will numbers be drawn and prizes awarded?
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
FreeTrade, do you gamble at Casinos and do you anticipate being a user of your services?   Put another way, are you scratching your own itch or is a casino coin one on a list of interesting and potentially profitable coins to prototype?

I feel like the "interested in Cryptocurrency" and "big gambler" isn't neccesarily a huge demographic overlap which is why it's interesting to hear people who develop these solutions (like Bytemasters Mining-as-playing-the-lottery proposal of a few months ago) don't actually want to use the product, they just see the percieved market void.

No, I don't usually enjoy gambling on games of pure chance. Yes I see it as an interesting technical challenge and a potentially profitable coin. A small tax on gambling may also be a way to subsidize transactions processing / blockchain security.

Aside from turning a profit, I'm interested in encouraging the spread of crypto-currency. I think the best way of achieving that is through continual speculative manias.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Gambling is the new sugar.

Let's go!  +5%

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Updated:

Snapshot date for AGS, PTS, MMC remains the same, but other aspect are under review.

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
Thx freetrade ...  good news  +5%

? ? ?

...before the "bad" ones...

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D using Tapatalk

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Thx freetrade ...  good news  +5%

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
I've been made aware of a similar project called ChanceCoin (thanks ABL). I'm not sure how I missed it, but it is a very similar project. In some ways, it is better than what I'm working on and yet seems to be failing to attract a high valuation in the marketplace.

For these reasons, I'm suspending the planned launch while I fully review this project and any lessons that can be learned.

It's failing because they had problems with the wallet.

Offline kokojie

• View Profile
Good, I just transferred my dogecoin to my local wallet, now I can use my dogecoin to participate

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
lol,  he  announce the launch of a dac and because Adam 2-3 days later inform him about a competitor he changes his mind...  theoretical bitshares is hurt... well done... the "coincidence" is that only our community is informed well and our members concerns  was that it is not fair for the mmc holders to loose the "opportunity" to participate on snapshot in one week ... lol... 

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
I've been made aware of a similar project called ChanceCoin (thanks ABL). I'm not sure how I missed it, but it is a very similar project. In some ways, it is better than what I'm working on and yet seems to be failing to attract a high valuation in the marketplace.

For these reasons, I'm suspending the planned launch while I fully review this project and any lessons that can be learned.

FreeTrade, do you gamble at Casinos and do you anticipate being a user of your services?   Put another way, are you scratching your own itch or is a casino coin one on a list of interesting and potentially profitable coins to prototype?

I feel like the "interested in Cryptocurrency" and "big gambler" isn't neccesarily a huge demographic overlap which is why it's interesting to hear people who develop these solutions (like Bytemasters Mining-as-playing-the-lottery proposal of a few months ago) don't actually want to use the product, they just see the percieved market void.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

Offline tonyk

• View Profile
My error! It is about 15.11%

FreeTrade
My math could be wrong, but it shows that the house cut is actually  about 26.70% based on the odds suggested in the original post.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2014, 04:47:15 pm by tonyk »
Lack of arbitrage is the problem, isn't it. And this 'should' solves it.

Offline thistome

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
You won't regret that decision ... thanks alot

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Updated to add AGS to shares distribution

You are a baller and a scholar

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Updated to add AGS to shares distribution

Offline liondani

• View Profile
    • My detailed info
obvius

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
That's a terrible setup for a pump and dump. It will spike MMC and then MMC will collapse. There is no whitepaper whatsoever either. Yeah let's all buy MMC so FreeTrade can unload. This is really short sighted.

Offline testz

Can you be more clear on what date will the MMC snapshot be taken? If it is end of May that is not nearly enough time for people to consider cashing out of exchanges.

last block before the end of May 2014 UTC

This means the last block at May in UTC time, same as AGS donation counts.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Can you be more clear on what date will the MMC snapshot be taken? If it is end of May that is not nearly enough time for people to consider cashing out of exchanges.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
For #2 I'm talking about our own Denny Wang aka HackFisher in the "charity" subforum. There are two Denny's lottos =P

Ah I see. I haven't seen any plans about the naming for that - is it to be BitSharesLotto? Hopefully we won't have a naming conflict.

Regarding the RNG, I'm hesitant to try to implement or adopt anything based on DPOS until it's more weathered. My approach to DAC's is an incremental one and that's especially true with a target as big as a lottery. The changes to the code and protocol are as limited as possible to reduce the potential attack surface of new code. I'm still looking for an improved way to generate randomness, but my instinct is that the solution will be a simple, brilliant idea rather than a convoluted complex one.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Cool and congratulations, FreeTrade, I believe more gaming DACs will coming in next months, so let's competing  ;)

And another one:
http://countersports.com/
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline HackFisher

• View Profile
Cool and congratulations, FreeTrade, I believe more gaming DACs will coming in next months, so let's competing  ;)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Harvey

• View Profile
BTS       Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2015 API:wss://128.199.143.47:2016 
MUSE   Witness:harvey-xts Seed:128.199.143.47:2017 API:ws://128.199.143.47:2018

Offline JakeThePanda

• View Profile
First of all, thank you.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 03:20:11 pm by JakeThePanda »

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Thanks FreeTrade, the only two products honoring PTS till now are from you~
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

lzr1900

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
This information may be outdated - latest information here -

http://forum.lottoshares.org/topic/4/lottoshares-you-probably-wouldn-t-be-interested-in-this-launch-july-8th

-----------
I'll shortly be launching an experimental Distributed Autonomous Corporation - LottoShares DAC.

LottoShares allows shareholders to use their shares to play a lottery style game, choosing 6 numbers from 42.

Players can choose the size of their stake and prizes are fixed-odds -

6 numbers = 1,000,000 X stake
5 numbers = 5,000 X stake
4 numbers = 100 X stake
3 numbers = 10 X stake

How will the DAC turn a profit?

When a lottery ticket is played, the shares used as a stake are destroyed. Prizes are paid from the coinbase and provide an 85% average return. Thus as the lottery is played 15% of the total stake is destroyed, giving non-playing shareholders a greater stake in the DAC.
See Dividends 2.0 for more explanation - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=1169.0

How will the DAC protect its blockchain?

LottoShares is merge-mined with Scrypt based coins. Thus anyone mining Litecoin, Dogecoin etc can process LottoShares tickets and transactions with little additional cost. The processor retains a small percentage of the ticket stakes, and a small percentage subsidy for processing prizes.  LottoShares allows for a small subsidy while blockchain difficulty is low to ensure bootstrapping and continuity.

How will the numbers be drawn and prizes awarded?

As soon as a new block is seen on the network, its timestamp will be signed and broadcast to the network. The next set of NY state lottery quick pick numbers drawn will be used as a seed. This seed will be broadcast as a transaction and a block including the transaction must also deterministically generate the pseudo random numbers and award the prizes in the same block.

Isn't that a bit centralized?

Yes. The problem of provably fair distributed random numbers has not been solved yet, so block hashes together with NY lottery numbers will be used. Where the problem of provably fair distributed random numbers is solved, LottoShares DAC will incorporate it.

Who will own the shares?

10% will be proportionally distributed to MemoryCoin (MMC) holders (Block #39,983)
10% will be proportionally distributed to ProtoShares (PTS) holders (Block #65,959)
10% will be proportionally distributed to AngelShares (AGS) holders

30% will be targeted at the public addresses of individuals who can be helpful to LottoShares DAC (devs, exchanges, service providers, marketeers etc - email memorycoincc@gmail.com to make a pitch, full list to be provided at launch)

This first 60% is vested and funds will not be valid for (90 + rand(365))days - where the pseudo-random component is seeded on the address. Distribution date for ProtoShares and MemoryCoin will be the last block before the end of May 2014 UTC. Where it is possible to identify exchange holdings for PTS/MMC, these will not be eligible for any distribution. AngelShares distribution will be undertaken the advisement of I3.

20% will be airdropped on the top 1,000,000 Bitcoin addresses (excluding coinbase transactions) (Block 302,000)
20% will be airdropped on the top 250,000 Dogecoin addresses (excluding coinbase transactions) (Block 232,000)

This 40% will be valid for use immediately, this will be non-proportional, providing a small amount to each BTC/DOGE holder regardless of the size of their holding.

Launch Date
Test network live.

Launch date July 15th

« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 03:54:15 pm by FreeTrade »