Author Topic: Honoring AGS  (Read 26385 times)

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
the nxt forum is running since march... I compared it today. Bitshares has more new registered members per day on average.

Unfortunately, most new registered members are just spam/bots recently. And I have been busy banning those IP.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Ok .. good to hear

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
the nxt forum is running since march... I compared it today. Bitshares has more new registered members per day on average.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
unfortunatelly it does not break down to a forum. Afaik the nxtforum was launch a couple weeka ago .. for that, they are pretty big

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile
afaik it is the biggest community behind btt. Just compare forum stats...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
can you remember when nxt was in this IPO stage. .. i am sure you remember .. what was the difference ... isnt nxt only 6 months old by now?

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Yeah its usually like 50/50 guests/registered users

I'm just saying, don't kid yourself - Compared to other communities out there PTS and AGS are very very centralized, most of all with Invictus holding hundreds of thousands of protoshares.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Too bad .. so there are only 373 of us .. This probably will never work :-(

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
and this community IS large

Most Online Today: 117. Most Online Ever: 373 (December 05, 2013, 11:28:00 PM) [/color]
saying? Oh wait .. there still is a read-only mode for unregistered .. is it?

I think the guest number has been count into the "online number".
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Most Online Today: 117. Most Online Ever: 373 (December 05, 2013, 11:28:00 PM) [/color]
saying? Oh wait .. there still is a read-only mode for unregistered .. is it?

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!

« Last Edit: May 23, 2014, 06:43:12 pm by AdamBLevine »

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Plus .. we as a community can copy-cat each dac that does not honor the social contract and do better ... starting of with a much larger community ... and this community IS large

Offline JoeyD

Very cool! Good job. Thoughts:
3) Not honoring AGS

#3 - please consider AGS! It makes the difference between begrudging and enthusiastic support from the bitshares community. I think the community support may be worth taking 1/4th of the planned dev premine.

It is funny how smart people like Nicokai ( **toast**) can easily be lead into wrong thought process and believes.

Here is the simple truth:
Invictus came and said –“The social consensus is AGS should be honored at least 10%”
-First it is not a social consensus it is just private party saying something (i.e. there is no consensus)

-Second it is pretty contradictory/illogical statement – donate X amount to us/me, and expect somebody else to give you shares for this gesture.

-Third, I3 took the AGS money and said they will use it to develop the DAC industry, instead later on they said – “Now that we have the money, we will keep them AS A BACK UP for our salaries for 12 mo.” Even that in those 12 mo. the donor/investors expect(ed) a lot of DACs coming and producing money for those developers salaries…

-Forth, The only logical reason left  to honor AGS holders is for marketing purposes. But this audience is already reached by honoring PTS. There is a very small % of people donating to AGS only through BTC. More than 90% of AGS donors do it through some combination of BTC and PTS (The only notable exception I am aware of is Agent86 who does not have PTS account..., but then again I do not think Agent86 is a real person but rather a second  internet/forum handle  for a real person)

How did you come to that conclusion about the 90% AGS donators having as much if not more PTS? Not that I'm particularly notable, but I invested through AGS with btc because I thought btc would keep it's value more than PTS and did not see how buying PTS would help pay for development in any way. I do have a pts-wallet and some pts though, but not nearly as much as in ags.

While I agree with your assessment that you can't force people to issue shares, just looking at the 15% pts community response, I'd venture to guess that not honoring ags may not be the best marketing move ever and that looks an awful lot like a social discontentment/consensus contract to me. In the short term I don't see much wriggling room for dac-share-issuers.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I think I3 can easily fix that by changing the social contract so that AGS holders get an "option to buy at X price" that way there is incentive to honor the AGS as well as incentive for I3 to support development of the tech. So far Ethereum seems to be closest to what I would expect from a platform, minus the premine they allocated for themselves.

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Very cool! Good job. Thoughts:
3) Not honoring AGS

#3 - please consider AGS! It makes the difference between begrudging and enthusiastic support from the bitshares community. I think the community support may be worth taking 1/4th of the planned dev premine.

It is funny how smart people like Nicokai ( **toast**) can easily be lead into wrong thought process and believes.

Here is the simple truth:
Invictus came and said –“The social consensus is AGS should be honored at least 10%”
-First it is not a social consensus it is just private party saying something (i.e. there is no consensus)

-Second it is pretty contradictory/illogical statement – donate X amount to us/me, and expect somebody else to give you shares for this gesture.

-Third, I3 took the AGS money and said they will use it to develop the DAC industry, instead later on they said – “Now that we have the money, we will keep them AS A BACK UP for our salaries for 12 mo.” Even that in those 12 mo. the donor/investors expect(ed) a lot of DACs coming and producing money for those developers salaries…

-Forth, The only logical reason left  to honor AGS holders is for marketing purposes. But this audience is already reached by honoring PTS. There is a very small % of people donating to AGS only through BTC. More than 90% of AGS donors do it through some combination of BTC and PTS (The only notable exception I am aware of is Agent86 who does not have PTS account..., but then again I do not think Agent86 is a real person but rather a second  internet/forum handle  for a real person)

yep, it hasn't ever made sense to honor the social contract as currently defined and so in practice we see they don't.  Hopefully this will change once DPOS comes out since thats a wholly new underlying tech, but even then since its open source we're relying on the good will of project catalysts to honor it.   

This is one of the reasons it was so important to build the Bitshares community on these forums, but in practice we've seen activity go down over time so the reason to honor it now is even less than it was four months ago.