Author Topic: Gitshares: Gitchain based on Bitshares  (Read 1907 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I've suggested this before as well. It is a great idea. To me a DAC is not fully decentralized if running it requires use of: government controlled domain name, public server that hosts necessary files.

A fully decentralized platform would provide it's own decentralized DNS and hosting. We have bitshares DNS in the works. We also need MaidSafe equivalent.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
A BLOCKCHAIN FOR CATS??

Git is already decentralized, the only thing this does is *force* everyone to replicate it rather than have people choose which branch they want...

Git is, but github is not.   This is more like a way of decentralizing github. 

The problem I see is that there is no global resource that is being reallocated by a transaction ledger.  Git is already a blockchain if you think about the fact that every commit is a hash and references the prior commit by hash.
lol .. great!

Offline bytemaster

A BLOCKCHAIN FOR CATS??

Git is already decentralized, the only thing this does is *force* everyone to replicate it rather than have people choose which branch they want...

Git is, but github is not.   This is more like a way of decentralizing github. 

The problem I see is that there is no global resource that is being reallocated by a transaction ledger.  Git is already a blockchain if you think about the fact that every commit is a hash and references the prior commit by hash. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
A BLOCKCHAIN FOR CATS??

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline testz

Offline bitcoinerS

• View Profile
There is an interesting project proposed on kickstarter called Gitchain
"Decentralized, peer-to-peer Git repositories aka "Github meets Bitcoin""

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/612530753/gitchain

It would be great if this project was implemented based on Bitshares toolkit.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:13:21 pm by bitcoinerS »
>>> approve bitcoiners