Author Topic: [QCN] QuazarCoin | Privacy&Data protection | CPU only | Optimized miner  (Read 4723 times)

Tuck Fheman

duckNote ftw! lulz

Seriously though, out of all the Cryptonote coins, I like Boolberry. QuazarCoin right behind it, then duckNote for $hits & giggles.

Offline trankil

• View Profile
MMC : MTxecTRmb6Gs4wu4jsftJSHSuowiV3o6tF

PTS : PZt3qLFhQeber5NFjjv3ith813oF6zBwnU

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile
It's just a fork of Monero, same final supply but more expensive right now, and less evenly distributed.

Pump & dump

Fork of Monero? Monero is a blatant bytecoin clone, its great innovation was to mine %80 of coins in 4 years instead of 2.

The emission curve is ridiculous, benefiting only early adopters.

Quasar was created to provide a fair mining period free from instamine.
Yes Monero is a fork of Bytecoin because Bytecoin is a shameless premine. Bytecoin was not advertise, only few people was mining it in underground.

Now can you tell me how the public CPU-mining of 80% coins in 4 years is anywhere near what is commonly know as instamine? 

If you think a "fair mining period" is a "very long, endless mining period with permanently high rewards", I am afraid your concept of fairness is flawed.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 08:34:28 pm by BldSwtTrs »

Offline johncitizen

• View Profile
It's just a fork of Monero, same final supply but more expensive right now, and less evenly distributed.

Pump & dump

Fork of Monero? Monero is a blatant bytecoin clone, its great innovation was to mine %80 of coins in 4 years instead of 2.

The emission curve is ridiculous, benefiting only early adopters.

Quasar was created to provide a fair mining period free from instamine.

Offline BldSwtTrs

• View Profile

Pump & dump

Offline trankil

• View Profile
i know its for that i put it on the off topic

its an interesting coin with high volume on poloniex  and the cryptonote algorithm its a bit different of the bitcoin and scrypt coin

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks for the overview of that coin ... however most people in here mainly dislike pow coins ..

Anyway ... i will read a little more about it

Offline trankil

• View Profile
QuazarCoin
The new generation of cryptocurrency

QuazarCoin (QCN) is the new generation of cryptocurrency which is based on the CryptoNote protocol and uses the CryptoNight algorithm. The CryptoNight algorithm is the most democratic today, fully ASIC-resistant and only CPU-mineable.

QuazarCoin was launched May 8, 2014 after discussion in the community, without premine or instamine. Here is the announcement - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=600658.

QuazarCoin protects your data and privacy through unlinkable transactions with ring signatures.

QuazarCoin specifications

• CryptoNight PoW algorithm
  • 120 sec blocks
  • Difficulty retargets every block
  • Total coins supply: ~18,446,744
  • Confirmations: 60
  • Block reward decreases according to the formula (264 - 1 - A)*2-21*10-12, where A = supply mined to date
  • Emission curve 21 with 120 seconds block responds to what we wanted to do in Monero (BMR/MRO)
  • Emission curve is similar Bitcoin, 50% QCN will be emitted in 6 years (see the chart)
  • Optimized binaries from the 1st second of launch

(emission curve)

Features

• Full data&privacy protection
  • Untraceable payments with ring signatures
  • Unlinkable&secure transactions
  • Double-spending proof
  • Blockchain analysis resistance
  • Egalitarian proof of work (true CPU-mining)

Exchanges

Pools

QuazarCoin MinerGate pool (2,5% fee)

QuazarCoin Ext-Pool (2% fee)

Cryptity Pool (1% fee)

Site

Quazar Extreme Pool (0% fee)

Downloads

All instructions are located in binaries - use 'Read Me' file.

Fast miner included in binaries.

MAC version is OS X 10.9, for others will be coming soon

Blockchain

Translations

The main thread and the site need to be translated into other languages.

Giveaway

QuazarCoin maintains its users. Do you want to receive some QCN? Take part in our giveaway!

All you have to do is to write about QuazarCoin in any social network or leave a comment on one of the forums, and then let us know.

There is a special form for your convenience. Simply complete it and then receive your QCN.

Bounty fund

Here is the special thread - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=616281.

The main concern of QuazarCoin is usability optimization. Now QCN needs a GUI-wallet, a build for Mac OS X 10.6+ and mining pools. The QCN bounty fund is generous to active and responsible people.

If you want to help with the development, marketing or anything else, PM me or write me.

Design

Here is the logo contest - https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=606404.

It will be ended May, 25 and then we will vote for the winner.

Reward is 250 QCN for the best logo.

Donate us

QuazarCoin was launched recently, and QuazarCoin must expand. If you want to help – you can send donation for QCN bounty fund.

QCN address for donation:
Code: [Select]
1R9wwAH68XNGHZBsSCbyPL5EBepCoqnPPYpUuYx7jyZtc1SqekoM5p4iiB4EnkHBMXUrkwg7vR35vcoC6h48t7AjKXqXWqX

Community

References

I believe that cryptocurrency with the CryptoNight algorithm will have a great future, and our market is for everyone. I will make everything for the QuazarCoin developing and zooming.

Honesty & Profitability!