Author Topic: DAC Proposals  (Read 1452 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
A website that seamlessly combines conditional pledging with getting shares in what you invest in I believe is one of the strongest ideas in this space. Because then you can invest in things that do not exist IF they come to exist, and invest with people that do not exist IF if they come to exist.

Also, prediction markets.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:58:01 pm by CLains »

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I'm interested in all the AP DAC clones, and I think it's inevitable that "sharing economy" businesses like AirBnB, Lyft, and Uber will be replaced with DACs eventually to cut overhead.

Offline JoeyD

If the concept of decentralized content selling has been worked out then I'm all for a decentralized bazaar (online marketplace).

Unfortunately I think there are still a few components and concepts missing before that would work. Like reputation tracking, escrow and of course a network of safe-houses and false identities for ByteMaster and other bazaar devs, because the inquisition will be hunting them down to the ends of the world for the heathen concept of real free trade.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Prediction markets have big potential. I see them coming together with micro financing/crowd funding to create a whole new sector of the economy. Bitshares X can handle some of this, but perhaps it should not become too unwieldy. I think there will be a lot more spin-offs. Bitshares Music is probably only the beginning when it comes to buying shares in content. Other content could include video, movies, books, articles, software, you name it. And then we get into events and individuals. Events: sports games, elections, award shows, etc. Individuals: Musicians, actors, athletes, inventors, artists, even college students.

To answer your question more directly, I'd love to own shares in at least half of the "crazy" ideas people have come up with so far on the forum. This will be the new economy.

Offline fuzzy

In which of the proposed DACs from the "Alternative DACs" (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?board=9.0) would you be most interested in owning stake? 

Please give your responses below: 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D