Author Topic: Masterplan  (Read 4341 times)

Offline AdamBLevine

• View Profile
    • Let's Talk Bitcoin!
Brainstorm the specific situations and outcomes you want to occur or exist, then create a contest where the winner is whoever makes that desired outcome a reality.

If you try to tell people how they should do things you don't know how to do yourself, you're just setting up failure further down the line.  Create incentives that allow those who do know to realize it's in their best interest to do that thing.  no deadlines so no worries about missing them.  Whomever can do it is incentivized to do it as quickly as possible, so the only challenge is advertising the contests.  In theory, people should be excited to solve the problem and compete for the prize.
Email me at adam@letstalkbitcoin.com

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
I love your suggestion. It would be great to have this all in one place. Given how finicky people are about 'missed deadlines', though, I might suggest avoiding hard dates. These could be expressed as "estimated time to completion: 2-4 months", etc. (using an accurate estimate; mine is just an example) for each item. I agree that it would improve confidence and morale to have this all in one place, even one big chart rather than a full-sized Master Plan.

Brainstorming some possible formats:

--Master Plan (Having worked on Master Plans before, I believe that the best such plans are living documents. These contain important goals and goalposts, but the content and metrics leave some room for flexibility. In other words, if DAC A is anticipated in 2 months, but encounters an unexpected programming hurdle, or if a decision is made to introduce DAC B before DAC A for certain reasons, then those changes can be written in as the document is updated to suit changing times.)

--Chart w/rough timelines

--Wiki, blog, or some organic document that DAC developers themselves could edit to update the info for their sections

--Recurring feature in the newsletter which notes each DAC's development team, progress, and prognosis

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
A masterplan would let localized efforts coordinate around known, anticipated events. Without anticipation there can be no unified action. Anticipations without actions are empty, but actions without anticipations are blind.

The idea I propose is to get a masterplan where all events are given approximate timings and are explained in clear terms (non-technical) such that the wider impact of that event is both predictable and understandable for all corners of the Bitshares Ecosystem as well as to any outsider.

Each member (of I3) and contributor to Bitshares should contribute their 2-3 month agendas to a giant masterplan. This would increase investor confidence, organize the community around milestones, sharpen promotional efforts, and allow us to predicts complex outcomes before they happen.

Perhaps we can use the pads for this? It does not have to be anything fancy.

I am just thinking, for instance, proximate timings for when Toast will complete various stages of the .p2p DAC, when the newsletter is coming out, when and who will participate in various conferences and interviews, when Brian will update the various sections of the webpage, when are the next mumble sessions and who will participate, who is trying to spread our message on btctalk and reddit and facebook and what is their plan for doing so and will it coincide with the launch of the products, and what stages of testing are we in with respect to bitshares XT and how long until things will get to this and that stage of user friendliness, etc.etc.

What do you guys think? Again, it would all be in one place, it would be non-technical and it would spell out motivations behind the anticipated actions. It would also serve as a quick, transparent review of the who's who? and what is going on? in the Bitshares Ecosystem.