Author Topic: The fact about bitshares when 1 PTS only worth 0.006 BTC. And the reason?  (Read 8873 times)

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
are you going to argue me that if you giving away 1 million to hire someone to finish a single bitshare wallet in one month, that won't happen?

Precisely! (except for the "single wallet" part... we're not just building a wallet for an existing system).
Find me a credible software project manager who would say otherwise.

"You can't get 9 women together and tell them to make a baby in 1 month."

(if anyone is wondering, I'm only posting during compiles - if anything would speed us up it's a faster c++ compiler)

ur baby thing really made me lmao... or is it really the baby thing? so wut im getting is that because 9 women together can't make a baby in 1 month, which means bitshares wallet can't be released within three months?

if this is not wut u trying to say, than y making this kind argument?

What the baby metaphor means is that while 1 woman can grow a baby inside herself in 9 months.  9 women cannot get together and grow a baby in 1 month.

There are naturally going to be choke points.  Adding even a very skilled programmer at this stage would probably delay the project further.  Someone that is not already familiar with the source code would have to be caught up, which would take up the time of the current developers.

ture, it might delay, but i still doubt that adding couple of really skilled programmer won't help to reduce the time. at least they are not arguing that part.

if the metaphor works for you, but i still don't think it works for me in this case. actually, 1 women can grow 13 babies in 9 months, i don't know y toast only saying out a number like one. apparently, his making this metaphor without any thinking in his head. and this is not a metaphor at all actually.

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
Development has never been happening faster than it has these past few weeks and we have more developers coming on line in the next 3 weeks.

I would suggest that the biggest thing that slows down development early on is getting the basic framework in place and communicating the ideas.  You cannot exactly bring in the painters, electricians, roofers, and plumbers on the same day you show up to dig the foundation.   

We have been through most of the hard part and getting people up to speed while everyone lives in different places is very challenging.  We now all work in one location and it has greatly enhanced throughput. 

Just look at the github logs at the number of people and frequency of commits.

this helps. bm, if ur super busy, can someone stand-by 8/5 for the update on the post "BitShares X Status Update Thread 2.0"? I need yes or no for ur answer. thanks

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
if the whole affair was as simple as releasing a wallet, it would have been done by now.

Invictus is not building pieces of unrelated software that exist in a vacuum (like most CS projects). they are literally industry pioneers attempting to create a software ecosystem. over the past few months the scope of their operation has expanded and despite some hiccups, they've been very transparent about what's been happening development-wise. This is a fact.

personally, this new vision excites me much more than the original plan ever did, however it has also pushed back the development of a Bitshares X wallet. But ONLY in the name of improving Bitshares X! This is a fact.

If you haven't had a chance to follow, Bitshares XTS, which is the Bitshares X test chain, is available and appears to be coming along quite nicely. It is more robust, sustainable, and feature rich than originally planned. This is a fact, and it is also why it has taken more time to see a wallet released. It is an entirely different beast than developing a dime-a-dozen PoW wallet.

Couldn't say it better... +5%

I'm also thinking, once the bitshares_toolkit is finished, all future DACs will grow faster! And this will boost the entire  bitshares ecosystem.

« Last Edit: June 02, 2014, 09:56:28 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
if the whole affair was as simple as releasing a wallet, it would have been done by now.

Invictus is not building pieces of unrelated software that exist in a vacuum (like most CS projects). they are literally industry pioneers attempting to create a software ecosystem. over the past few months the scope of their operation has expanded and despite some hiccups, they've been very transparent about what's been happening development-wise. This is a fact.

personally, this new vision excites me much more than the original plan ever did, however it has also pushed back the development of a Bitshares X wallet. But ONLY in the name of improving Bitshares X! This is a fact.

If you haven't had a chance to follow, Bitshares XTS, which is the Bitshares X test chain, is available and appears to be coming along quite nicely. It is more robust, sustainable, and feature rich than originally planned. This is a fact, and it is also why it has taken more time to see a wallet released. It is an entirely different beast than developing a dime-a-dozen PoW wallet.

rite, that is not easy for sure.

we all know that, but i guess some ppl just need the whole team to prove that they are trying their best with the money in their hands

if indeed there is a lot space for improvement now, then y not start now? if not, convince us you can't and prove it, and make us understand your in that position.

is it so hard for someone to update the "BitShares X Status Update Thread 2.0" daily with their million dollars? some of the complains and issues is just so easy to prevent.

all i want for now, is daily update direct on "BitShares X Status Update Thread 2.0" from monday to friday. can you do it , or no? simple yes or no question.

Offline bytemaster

Development has never been happening faster than it has these past few weeks and we have more developers coming on line in the next 3 weeks.

I would suggest that the biggest thing that slows down development early on is getting the basic framework in place and communicating the ideas.  You cannot exactly bring in the painters, electricians, roofers, and plumbers on the same day you show up to dig the foundation.   

We have been through most of the hard part and getting people up to speed while everyone lives in different places is very challenging.  We now all work in one location and it has greatly enhanced throughput. 

Just look at the github logs at the number of people and frequency of commits.
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline puppies

• View Profile
  • BitShares: puppies
are you going to argue me that if you giving away 1 million to hire someone to finish a single bitshare wallet in one month, that won't happen?

Precisely! (except for the "single wallet" part... we're not just building a wallet for an existing system).

(if anyone is wondering, I'm only posting during compiles - if anything would speed us up it's a faster c++ compiler)

ur baby thing really made me lmao... or is it really the baby thing? so wut im getting is that because 9 women together can't make a baby in 1 month, which means bitshares wallet can't be released within three months?

What the baby metaphor means is that while 1 woman can grow a baby inside herself in 9 months.  9 women cannot get together and grow a baby in 1 month.

There are naturally going to be choke points.  Adding even a very skilled programmer at this stage would probably delay the project further.  Someone that is not already familiar with the source code would have to be caught up, which would take up the time of the current developers. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile

Try bundling the C++ compiles of the many individual CPP files into a larger single one, which invokes the compiler once instead of parsing the same includes every single time.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline solaaire

• praise the sun!
    • View Profile

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile

your logic flows away about the baby thing. a fly can live one day, doesn't mean you can't survive for more than one day. let's just not wasting time on this please. make at least more mature statement i guess is you being responsible for those who helped and invest money for you people.

Offline omgomgomg

• View Profile
Actually, I had a friend graduated from McGill with 50,000 scholarship when he got in. And I know what he's been doing is harder than this. How much you can offer him out of the millions if he can finish this whole project within two months by himself alone?

Great, give us contact info if he is interested.

And I know what he's been doing is harder than this.

Again, *conceptual difficulty* is independent of *development time*. School projects are *harder* but have *ten times less BS overhead* you have to implement.

All i want to say that is this the best you guys put on this project with this much money in your pocket?

How much you can offer a guy like this, maybe i can get shares or commissions if he join the team?

better not contact him if we both know he will deny the offer. it's all about money at some point.

When you want to hire top talent you had better be able to assure them that you have work for them over a long enough horizon to make changing jobs worthwhile.  Burning the whole budget over two or three months and then laying everybody off is an obvious non-starter.  And it would not be effective per the classic Mythical Man Month reasons.   Everything we do is optimized for sustainability of the industry over the mid to long term.  If you want quick flash-in-the-pan profits, invest in the latest flavor of the month.

:)

but there is a thing called contract !  Dan
: D

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

I've got a pile of obsolete mining equipment you can use.  :)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Actually, I had a friend graduated from McGill with 50,000 scholarship when he got in. And I know what he's been doing is harder than this. How much you can offer him out of the millions if he can finish this whole project within two months by himself alone?

Great, give us contact info if he is interested.

And I know what he's been doing is harder than this.

Again, *conceptual difficulty* is independent of *development time*. School projects are *harder* but have *ten times less BS overhead* you have to implement.

All i want to say that is this the best you guys put on this project with this much money in your pocket?

How much you can offer a guy like this, maybe i can get shares or commissions if he join the team?

better not contact him if we both know he will deny the offer. it's all about money at some point.

When you want to hire top talent you had better be able to assure them that you have work for them over a long enough horizon to make changing jobs worthwhile.  Burning the whole budget over two or three months and then laying everybody off is an obvious non-starter.  And it would not be effective per the classic Mythical Man Month reasons.   Everything we do is optimized for sustainability of the industry over the mid to long term.  If you want quick flash-in-the-pan profits, invest in the latest flavor of the month.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.