Author Topic: Who Owns The Second Largest Balance?  (Read 7469 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5% .. i like it .. once my coins matured i ca have lots of fun with them

+5% and thanks for the effort

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
good to clarify that...
but "locked" investments keep many  investors back...just my thought,  hope I am wrong.

Well these vested distributions are all gifted to MMC/PTS/AGS holders. We're not trying to attract investors - there's no IPO nor proof-of-burn. I've never asked for anyone's money for any project, only support and participation if you like the project.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
good to clarify that...
but "locked" investments keep many  investors back...just my thought,  hope I am wrong.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Update: I decided to include the 2 year expiration date for all genesis block shares.

Also have advised Bter that they need to commit to making the LottoShares distribution or their addresses will be removed.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Absolutely, an expiration date would accomplish the same thing more simply.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Two thoughts:

1) BTER is supposedly honoring PTS for BitSharesXT; they could probably be convinced to honor PTS and MMC for LTS.

2) An idea for snapshots/airdrops that has been kicked around here is a "half-life:" make unclaimed balances decay over time. Clearly, this assumes that users must do something special to "claim" their balance beyond simply importing private keys. It doesn't totally solve the problem, but might be something worth thinking about.

1 .Yes, I'll approach BTER (for MMC) and BTC38 (for PTS) to seek their support - but in the absence of a guarantee of passing on the distribution to the owners, I think it will be better for everyone concerned if the distribution is not made.

2. The half-life idea is certainly an interesting one - but would require additional code and testing. Something that is a lot more straightforward is an expiration date - I'm mulling a 2 year expiration date for LottoShares distributed in the genesis block.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Two thoughts:

1) BTER is supposedly honoring PTS for BitSharesXT; they could probably be convinced to honor PTS and MMC for LTS.

2) An idea for snapshots/airdrops that has been kicked around here is a "half-life:" make unclaimed balances decay over time. Clearly, this assumes that users must do something special to "claim" their balance beyond simply importing private keys. It doesn't totally solve the problem, but might be something worth thinking about.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Delinquency

• View Profile
Chances are, exchanges aren't going to meddle with their privkeys to take their client's LTS.

You should keep it simple and not stress out :0

Offline city19akro

• View Profile
I don't know much about this stuff but couldn't it be that the first address is the cold storage of BTer and the second biggest address, their online wallet?

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I'm doing the PTS-> LTS (LottoShares) distribution and I'm curious about the second largest address.

MFhWZJFwPgmGtFcATEcXYkbng5sZqzeYtn:483000

Previously with MMC, doing a small distribution to PTS hampered the adoption by exchanges because they didn't want to undertake the work of doing the distribution. They also didn't want their users complaining that they hadn't done the distribution, so they ignored the currency entirely. It was an unforeseen and rather unfortunate effect of doing a distribution.

To avoid that problem I want to remove the distribution to exchanges so that they are in a better position to support LottoShares and have an explanation to give to their users about why they are not getting a distribution. The funds will be spread to the other MMC holders instead.

MVgvtTcrX7A7pW96su5ipfGMReE1f5DzKS:2650000

I'm assuming the top address is the balance held by BTER - and this won't be receiving a distribution.

I don't know about the second address though - who owns that?