Author Topic: How does the legal aspect of this work?  (Read 2215 times)

Offline cob

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cobb
Can't really go into detail just yet since we wan't bitshares to have a first mover advantage but i will say this.
What we are doing will not be securities.
It won't be shares of a business or of a song. It won't entitle you to any % of the artist's income ...although it has a similar effect.

More on how it works when we are closer to launch or mvp.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline muse-umum

• BitShares everything
    • View Profile
I remember Eddie talked about this a little bit when he and Cob were on Bitcoins and Gravy podcast last month.

Check it here:https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=4849.0

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
Hi cob (and anybody else who might know the answer),

I'm curious how "selling shares in songs" will work from a legal standpoint. My understanding is that it's illegal in the US to anonymously own shares in a company, but would it be legal to anonymously own shares in intellectual property? What would the SEC have to say about that?

I'm interested in hearing how you guys are going to deal with this kind of issue, and I'm also mulling a similar project of my own.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."