Author Topic: Wallet not synching?  (Read 2486 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I just downloaded my wallet from github and it says its syncing but says its 30 weeks behind.
Just keep it open a few hours go fetch all blocks .. then you are good to go!

Offline tigers05

• View Profile
I just downloaded my wallet from github and it says its syncing but says its 30 weeks behind.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
is it normal to have 0 confirmations after 2 hours the transaction was made? Is this the usual ''longer than normal'' for confirmations when the network produces the blocks more slowly?

Yeah we're at about 3 hours average ATM
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
is it normal to have 0 confirmations after 2 hours the transaction was made? Is this the usual ''longer than normal'' for confirmations when the network produces the blocks more slowly?
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Hey^^

I was wondering why does it seem my wallet is not synching? The first time it went well, but now I opened and it needs to synch 1 hour.
It just says ''synching with network'', however it's taking quite a while just to synch 1 single hour. My internet connection is fine. I have the latest release of the qt (Bitshares-PTS). I have active connections with the network I cant seem to find a reason as to why is taking so long (+1hour) to synch such a small time frame when it took considerable less time to synch multiple weeks. Also I noted that when it synched the first time, on the inferior right corner and next to the active connections icon, the icon on the right, that circle with the arrows, was moving, but now it isnt. Im a newbie so bare with me^^

Edit: I reseted the pc, started the qt again and now it says it has to synch 3 hours, however, the same is happening.

The problem is that the network is producing blocks very slowly, but the "syncing" state is determined from the timestamp based on how quickly it expects blocks.

If the last block was 15 minutes ago, the client thinks it should see a block already, but the network won't produce a block for a long time.

So if you have network connections, you're probably fine. You just have to wait longer than normal for confirmations.

It's synched now. Like you said, it's just taking a while for confirmations. Thanks^^
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Hey^^

I was wondering why does it seem my wallet is not synching? The first time it went well, but now I opened and it needs to synch 1 hour.
It just says ''synching with network'', however it's taking quite a while just to synch 1 single hour. My internet connection is fine. I have the latest release of the qt (Bitshares-PTS). I have active connections with the network I cant seem to find a reason as to why is taking so long (+1hour) to synch such a small time frame when it took considerable less time to synch multiple weeks. Also I noted that when it synched the first time, on the inferior right corner and next to the active connections icon, the icon on the right, that circle with the arrows, was moving, but now it isnt. Im a newbie so bare with me^^

Edit: I reseted the pc, started the qt again and now it says it has to synch 3 hours, however, the same is happening.

The problem is that the network is producing blocks very slowly, but the "syncing" state is determined from the timestamp based on how quickly it expects blocks.

If the last block was 15 minutes ago, the client thinks it should see a block already, but the network won't produce a block for a long time.

So if you have network connections, you're probably fine. You just have to wait longer than normal for confirmations.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
Hey^^

« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 06:23:01 pm by Akado »