Author Topic: Delegates, start your engines!  (Read 54549 times)

Offline bytemaster

Not for Windows users?

The client works on windows and all the CLI args are the same, I just don't have a windows machine to test the outside steps (does `screen` work on windows? IDK).

If you're a savvy user it should be pretty straightforward. Would love if someone could write up the parts that are different for windows.

No windows GUI right now... this is all bleeding edge stuff that we just got built today.   The GUI is very experimental. 
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Not for Windows users?

The client works on windows and all the CLI args are the same, I just don't have a windows machine to test the outside steps (does `screen` work on windows? IDK).

If you're a savvy user it should be pretty straightforward. Would love if someone could write up the parts that are different for windows.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Ggozzo

Not for Windows users?

Offline taoljj

• View Profile
BTS      Witness: delegate.taoljj

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
Here is the setup guide: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares_toolkit/wiki/DPOS-initial-delegate-setup

Use this thread for issues related to getting your initial delegate running.

COMMON ISSUES, PLEASE READ:
* All delegates were registered with "init-delegate-N" as names, this is expected. These are pre-registered accounts and you do not need to make new accounts for anything, unless you want to.
* "wallet_list_receive_accounts" clips your names... for now type "enable_raw" before using your command to see the raw json dump with your names, I will fix the display tomorrow.
* for people trying to get this to work on debian and getting import errors for keys, make sure that you compile with gcc 4.8, as gcc 4.7 doesn't work (compiles correctly but then crashes randomly or fails importing keys in weird places...)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2014, 09:34:37 pm by toast »
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.