Author Topic: Should I be doing something?  (Read 6081 times)

Offline progmac

• View Profile
well last night i finally 'did something.'
i created a new account, transferred my genesis stake, registered the new account, and then made another new account, sent it all to that account, and registered that account, and backed the whole thing up to a removable drive. hopefully i did that right.   it took a minute but fortunately i had the time last night.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 12:03:55 pm by progmac »
if you want to support my incoherent ramblings
Bitshares PTS: PrziMMpXMMu948j5H7yvj3Ry8mnZBbsMYR

Offline onceuponatime

I have a handful of AGS from before the Feb. 28 snapshot. I understand that this entitles me to some BTS X and maybe future projects.  I don't have any interest in liquidating or trading anything. I haven't downloaded the BTS X wallet etc.

Do I need to be actively doing anything or can I just sit here indefinitely?

"Actively doing" something (such as downloading the wallet, trying it out and spreading the word about how incredibly fast it is) might help turn your small investment into a much bigger one  ;D.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
- you can just send all your stake to yourself .. thats a new transaction an a new year (365 days)
- the inactivity fee of 5% is currently not implemented yet .. (plenty of time left to do) :)

Offline progmac

• View Profile
You can still sit this out but ... the long term plan is to have a 5% inactivity fee for stakes that have not been moved for more then 365 days .. just a fyi
What constitutes "moving a stake?"

You need in the next 360 day to import your wallet and then you need to move your Btsx tokens from one account to another too.
I'm glad that I asked. I'll make sure to get on this before I forget and a year goes by.

Offline biophil

• Professor of Computer Science
    • View Profile
    • My Academic Website
  • BitShares: biophil
You can still sit this out but ... the long term plan is to have a 5% inactivity fee for stakes that have not been moved for more then 365 days .. just a fyi

You need in the next 360 day to import your wallet and then you need to move your Btsx tokens from one account to another too.

As I understand it, all you have to do is send your entire balance to yourself.
Support our research efforts to improve BitAsset price-pegging! Vote for worker 1.14.204 "201907-uccs-research-project."

Offline Riverhead

Can you move it to the same account? Basically just doing a transaction like updating your votes? I have Genesis->Account but haven't moved them since then and I'm not certain the initial Genesis->Account counts as a move.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:32:49 pm by oco101 »

Offline progmac

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline oco101

• View Profile
I have a handful of AGS from before the Feb. 28 snapshot. I understand that this entitles me to some BTS X and maybe future projects.  I don't have any interest in liquidating or trading anything. I haven't downloaded the BTS X wallet etc.

You don't need to import them right away if you don't feel like it, I din't either, I downloaded the wallet just to play with.
Yup you'll have token in the upcoming DAC that honor the AGS and PTS. There are two snapshots happening in August !!
« Last Edit: August 13, 2014, 06:24:00 pm by oco101 »

Offline progmac

• View Profile