Author Topic: Anyone can rebuilt old bitshares.org  (Read 3096 times)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

I am still under the belief that almost all early adopters will be people who have already bought BTC at some point.  I don't think we'll be seeing many people skip that step and go straight to Bitshares (assuming it'd even be possible). Once we start to see legitimate profitable companies, then it will be a different situation.

I agree here. Maybe we can focus more on the btc holders. the slogan is "BitShares does for business what Bitcoin is doing for money." We should not expect someone to love bitshares if he/she doesn't even know what bitcoin is.

Currently, you're completely right, but this we have to break :) IMO!
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum

I am still under the belief that almost all early adopters will be people who have already bought BTC at some point.  I don't think we'll be seeing many people skip that step and go straight to Bitshares (assuming it'd even be possible). Once we start to see legitimate profitable companies, then it will be a different situation.

I agree here. Maybe we can focus more on the btc holders. the slogan is "BitShares does for business what Bitcoin is doing for money." We should not expect someone to love bitshares if he/she doesn't even know what bitcoin is.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
forgot about
moon.bitshares.org

:)

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
What about using subdomains .. eg. http://tech.bitshares.org
info.bitshares.org
market.bitshares.org
ecosystem.bitshares.org
eco.bitshares.org or economics.bitshares.org ?

+5% great idea ... i like this ... and users are not so confused with to much domains!
On top we could also point bitshares-x.info etc. to sub domains also ... to get new people on board via more channels...

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
What about using subdomains .. eg. http://tech.bitshares.org
info.bitshares.org
market.bitshares.org
ecosystem.bitshares.org
eco.bitshares.org or economics.bitshares.org ?

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i could also help ... just let me know! I'm thinking .. nothing is wrong and nothing is right.. it's a completely new section.
Agreed to the idea to split point of interest ... Brian is completely right to focus on mainstream side..
Meanwhile we should build the base for the technical users.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 01:24:43 am by cass »

Offline bitcoinba

• View Profile
I would help on this.

Unfortunately, I just don't think the current site is up to par either. The idea that it is  geared to "non-technical" people I believe is misguided. Trying to dumb this down at this point with lowest common denominator marketing is futile in my opinion. Especially considering there is no "product" yet, and the fact that there isn't should prove that the strategy now should be focused on technical people and the bitcoin community, all which look at stock photos and click off the page.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

I do not have a strong opinion on any of the merits of websites but the choice of the horse toothed smiling woman with no eyes is kinda weird.

I have to agree about a lack of information aimed at technical users.  I'm still catching up even after hanging around on this forum for some time.  Perhaps it is just a matter of not reading the proper FAQs etc, but just a couple of days ago I learned about the planned inactivity fee.

The problem with 2 sites is routing users appropriately.  How do you get technical users to go to the technical person oriented site and have the crypto newbs go to the main site? 

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Ui .. good to know ... any words about a more technical site?

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
A "bitshares.info" targeted at the crypto community might be a good idea. Brian is building the site to target people outside the community to pull them in
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline Amazon

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Forum
Man in coffee shop using laptop... fade to woman in coffee shop smiling using tablet....fade to a happy couple sharing a beautiful view! Totally dating website! Good observation imo.

lol, did not even notice this before.
Forum Donation: PforumPLfVQXTi4QpQqKwoChXHkoHcxGuA

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
Have an idea for a domain?

Maybe a domain for more techtalk?

Offline Empirical1

• View Profile
All you need is a domain and a server. Download the files from Github and maintain it.

The current one likes a dating website instead of a cutting edge technology.

Just another alternative option for users the choose. I would like to donate 20 PTS for the work.

My understanding is that you're an account for a more frequent poster? I think you should post under your main account. I also don't think your style is that productive.

Having said that I really laughed out loud! The Bitshares homepage IS more like dating website!  :D

Man in coffee shop using laptop... fade to woman in coffee shop smiling using tablet....fade to a happy couple sharing a beautiful view! Totally dating website! Good observation imo.

Offline DonJoe

• View Profile
All you need is a domain and a server. Download the files from Github and maintain it.

The current one likes a dating website instead of a cutting edge technology.

Just another alternative option for users the choose. I would like to donate 20 PTS for the work.