Author Topic: AGS donation tied to wrong address?  (Read 3128 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
the bitcoin wallet has sth called coin control .. that allows changing the change address ... for pts we do not have sth similar

merockstar

Not that I know of. Thank the bitcoin devs =P

I pasted the change address into the label field to my usual AGS donation address. Take that Satoshi!  ;)

brilliant!  +5% idk why i didn't think of that.

Tuck Fheman

I pasted the change address into the label field to my usual AGS donation address. Take that Satoshi!  ;)

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
This is a feature called "change addresses", basically every transaction has to have inputs == outputs, so sometimes a transaction will have an output back to yourself, and to prevent address re-use, the client generates a new address for this change.  Very confusing.

Thanks for the explanation. I've never seen this happen before, so yes it is confusing.

Is there a way to have these addresses show up in the GUI address list?

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Tuck Fheman

This is a feature called "change addresses", basically every transaction has to have inputs == outputs, so sometimes a transaction will have an output back to yourself, and to prevent address re-use, the client generates a new address for this change.  Very confusing.

Thanks for the explanation. I've never seen this happen before, so yes it is confusing.

Is there a way to have these addresses show up in the GUI address list?

Offline toast

• View Profile
Let me guess, your address was: PZr2wSvQDnveqFwjxBseFVSchgcczLnqzr
(got it from: https://coinplorer.com/PTS/Transactions/7d570f7d5f5e4ce452862f48469652f70baace4c72884d1dbac2f982ae4a25cf )

Check your change addresses:  debug window -> console -> "listaddressgroupings"

It should be in there

Actually, no that's not my address either. I'll do what you suggest above, but I've checked all my addresses on the explorer and none show the AGS tied to them.

Update : Well, that address you list shows up when I do the listaddressgroupings as does the other.  Where did they come from? I did not create them and would have never known they existed without doing what you said. Why is that?

Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Tuck Fheman

(got it from: https://coinplorer.com/PTS/Transactions/7d570f7d5f5e4ce452862f48469652f70baace4c72884d1dbac2f982ae4a25cf )

It should be in there

Actually, no that's not my address either. I'll do what you suggest above, but I've checked all my addresses on the explorer and none show the AGS tied to them.

Update : Well, that address you list shows up when I do the listaddressgroupings as does the other.  Where did they come from? I did not create them and would have never known they existed without doing what you said. Why is that?
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:43:59 am by Tuck Fheman »

Offline toast

• View Profile

It should be in there

Tuck Fheman

I donated PTS early this morning (the countdown timer has now rolled over to the next day) and when I check my AGS balance my most recent donation is not listed as tied to my address. I was able to locate my donation in the list of daily donations, but it's listed under another address that I do not own (as far as I can tell).  I sent the PTS from my local wallet, same as every other time.

What am I doing wrong?

This is my donation ...

Transaction ID: 7d570f7d5f5e4ce452862f48469652f70baace4c72884d1dbac2f982ae4a25cf
https://coinplorer.com/PTS/Transactions/7d570f7d5f5e4ce452862f48469652f70baace4c72884d1dbac2f982ae4a25cf

2014-06-14 15:35:24   PbHuotWvmjBPqX7Wzc2SuoMKMiBQcqXgC1

3.49017813 PTS   1,312.00579525 PTS   3.81095878 AGS / PTS   13.30092498 AGS

But that is not my addresses.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 12:38:49 am by Tuck Fheman »