Author Topic: some advices For Stan  (Read 3222 times)

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Talking about 10% ags fund for china operation. Look at the excel document, it is full of cost for taxi, coffee, gas.......living expense.

Look the official Weibo (weibo is the most important social media in China)account for bishares http://www.weibo.com/officialbitshares . there is 2 posts every month. All the work now is doing by volunteers like 比特股之家,bitshares_news, logxing, coolspeed. They translate and update the beta test. I am mean the software delay is ok, but if no official post and comforting to community, people is leaving. Even if bitshares is gold, no one cares. When the bts release, no good market, even early supporters dislike it.

Shen Bo is showing in pictures when there is eating, drinking or traveling in BTC community in China,  but what else? you should do some simple research about this, and strength the communication/ reduce the softeare delay damage. I can tell the damage can be controlled, but lack of actions. All my friends laughing at me for supporting PTS. You need some auditor for china operation also!

I get no response from Stan, so sad. I just try to provide some infomation better for the project. I guess I just wasting my time, should move on.

I expect to meet with Shen Bo soon after he returns from China.  I hope we can put together a comprehensive report of his activities and future plans.  We all agree that the imminent release of XT is an essential ingredient of any renewed marketing push.  Thanks for your input!

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline rajarush

• View Profile
Talking about 10% ags fund for china operation. Look at the excel document, it is full of cost for taxi, coffee, gas.......living expense.

Look the official Weibo (weibo is the most important social media in China)account for bishares http://www.weibo.com/officialbitshares . there is 2 posts every month. All the work now is doing by volunteers like 比特股之家,bitshares_news, logxing, coolspeed. They translate and update the beta test. I am mean the software delay is ok, but if no official post and comforting to community, people is leaving. Even if bitshares is gold, no one cares. When the bts release, no good market, even early supporters dislike it.

Shen Bo is showing in pictures when there is eating, drinking or traveling in BTC community in China,  but what else? you should do some simple research about this, and strength the communication/ reduce the softeare delay damage. I can tell the damage can be controlled, but lack of actions. All my friends laughing at me for supporting PTS. You need some auditor for china operation also!

I get no response from Stan, so sad. I just try to provide some infomation better for the project. I guess I just wasting my time, should move on.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
make coffe is a skill job ;D

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L00 上的 Tapatalk

merockstar

The team has grown enough that it's starting to get a bit crowded at the BitShares Bunker.

You guys live in a bunker?? Shit. Can I come make coffee and do whatever random unskilled odd jobs come up? I'll work for cheap.  :D

Offline tianshi

• View Profile
i think BM and his men have been fully focused on the development of BTS X.

And i just think the first priority for the other staff (who cannot programme ) should be concentrated on finding many IT talents to join 3I.
i think at first, we do not lack of moeny right now (due to AGS), second, we have so many projects to be finished, music lotto, keyhotee etc.

I think we do not have enough people for programming right now, and i think 3I does not put their biggest effort into this issue. ( you might do something on this issue but not enough )

i don't know if i am right, this is just my opinon and advice based on my experience: i am once in charge of a team of nearly 100 people.

at last, best wishes to you all.

Thanks for your response and I speak on behalf of the whole Bitshares software development team when I say we appreciate your advice. I and many of the BitShares team members are managing the growth of this software development team closely. We can't grow too large, too quickly, and we could not produce the software we aim to release this summer without the team we have now.

Every software developer/engineer we have is very talented and well trained. Some have 15 or 20+ years experience, advanced degrees, some have turned down Google to be here in Blacksburg with us, and have degrees from the best computer science schools in the world. Later today we have Vikram joining us who recently received his masters in computer science from the US 2014 ranked-No. 1 computer science graduate school in the nation, Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), where he decided against pursuing a PhD to instead become a practitioner outside academia and hit the ground running with Bitshares. Vikram has already contributed much to our BitShares Toolkit in Github and is very happy with the work he's already volunteered. I couldn't be more pleased with his voluntary contributions and his motivation to date. Since Vikram emailed me months ago inquiring if we were hiring, he took it upon himself to find Nikolai at CMU where they both resided at the time, and began coding with Nikolai and getting involved before I could even respond. This initiative gets you noticed.

My ideal candidate for hire for the Bitshares software development team is someone who has followed our work for sometime and knows the domain/what we are doing, has forked our code from Github, and made positive contributions to our codebase. Maybe he or she has posted in the forums (reddit, bitsharestalk.org, bitcointalk.org, etc) and done a good job of promoting Bitshares to others who don't understand it yet. Hey, blockchains are hard to program! If it were easy it would done cheaper and lot quicker.

It makes it a very easy decision for me and the Bitshares core leadership to pull the trigger on a hiring decision when we have someone like Nikolai (toast), Nathan, and Vikram practically knocking on Bytemaster's door in Virginia to get involved in the action. We actively look for people like this and when I start noticing them I start talking with Daniel Larimer almost immediately. My radar is always up for talent and passion applied by developers.

Considering swings in price of all crypto, we must be vigilant in making wise hiring decisions. I assure you we will seek to acquire new talent and retain the developers who've already joined us full time or part time. What we don't want is to hire too many developers and dilute the efforts of the team we have now, by bogging them down with too many hours training/assisting new devs. The Summer of Code has officially begun and  we will manage the software development funds to empower a lean, potent software development team and run a successful company beyond this summer into next year. Thank you again for your feedback.

Thanks

before, i got the wrong information from others and thought there was only six people working on the whole thing, now i have known that from BM's post that there has been a very strong team of about over 10 people working hard for BTS-X. i think this scale for the team is perfect. the situation of the whole thing has been greatly improved than a few months ago.

I do not know anything about programming, so sometimes i am a little restless because i think i cannot do something for help.

anyway, thanks a lot, thanks for all of your hard work.

i know it will be tough in the following days or months, but hope everything will be fine and you can make some miracles.

Offline rajarush

• View Profile

And i just think the first priority for the other staff (who cannot programme ) should be concentrated on finding many IT talents to join 3I.
i think at first, we do not lack of moeny right now (due to AGS), second, we have so many projects to be finished, music lotto, keyhotee etc.

I think we do not have enough people for programming right now, and i think 3I does not put their biggest effort into this issue. ( you might do something on this issue but not enough )

i don't know if i am right, this is just my opinon and advice based on my experience: i am once in charge of a team of nearly 100 people.

I also think III should spend more on programing ,  maybe III can spend fund on what he want to ,but I think a lot of people donate money to AGS just for developing ,  at least it was for me .
but BTS XT is the basic for other DACs, so I think it is right that all developer are developing BTS XT now

About 70% of our resources are earmarked for development with 10% for general operations and 10% each for eastern and western marketing.

We are targeting spending to track growth in such a way that we can ensure that all our talent has secure employment horizon of at least 1 year.  This is essential for attracting and retaining good people.

However, with all the DACs that should launch this summer, we expect to be able to ramp up our development rate roughly proportional to growth rate of the industry.

And once the independent BitShares Battalion of Delegates start sponsoring developers and doing promotions with their earnings, things should really get interesting!

Offline DowntownHiFi

• View Profile

Thanks for your response and I speak on behalf of the whole Bitshares software development team when I say we appreciate your advice. I and many of the BitShares team members are managing the growth of this software development team closely. We can't grow too large, too quickly, and we could not produce the software we aim to release this summer without the team we have now.

Every software developer/engineer we have is very talented and well trained. Some have 15 or 20+ years experience, advanced degrees, some have turned down Google to be here in Blacksburg with us, and have degrees from the best computer science schools in the world. Later today we have Vikram joining us who recently received his masters in computer science from the US 2014 ranked-No. 1 computer science graduate school in the nation, Carnegie Mellon University (CMU), where he decided against pursuing a PhD to instead become a practitioner outside academia and hit the ground running with Bitshares. Vikram has already contributed much to our BitShares Toolkit in Github and is very happy with the work he's already volunteered. I couldn't be more pleased with his voluntary contributions and his motivation to date. Since Vikram emailed me months ago inquiring if we were hiring, he took it upon himself to find Nikolai at CMU where they both resided at the time, and began coding with Nikolai and getting involved before I could even respond. This initiative gets you noticed.

My ideal candidate for hire for the Bitshares software development team is someone who has followed our work for sometime and knows the domain/what we are doing, has forked our code from Github, and made positive contributions to our codebase. Maybe he or she has posted in the forums (reddit, bitsharestalk.org, bitcointalk.org, etc) and done a good job of promoting Bitshares to others who don't understand it yet. Hey, blockchains are hard to program! If it were easy it would done cheaper and lot quicker.

It makes it a very easy decision for me and the Bitshares core leadership to pull the trigger on a hiring decision when we have someone like Nikolai (toast), Nathan, and Vikram practically knocking on Bytemaster's door in Virginia to get involved in the action. We actively look for people like this and when I start noticing them I start talking with Daniel Larimer almost immediately. My radar is always up for talent and passion applied by developers.

Considering swings in price of all crypto, we must be vigilant in making wise hiring decisions. I assure you we will seek to acquire new talent and retain the developers who've already joined us full time or part time. What we don't want is to hire too many developers and dilute the efforts of the team we have now, by bogging them down with too many hours training/assisting new devs. The Summer of Code has officially begun and  we will manage the software development funds to empower a lean, potent software development team and run a successful company beyond this summer into next year. Thank you again for your feedback.

« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 05:31:08 am by DowntownHiFi »

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex

I also think III should spend more on programing ,  maybe III can spend fund on what he want to ,but I think a lot of people donate money to AGS just for developing ,  at least it was for me .
but BTS XT is the basic for other DACs, so I think it is right that all developer are developing BTS XT now

About 70% of our resources are earmarked for development with 10% for general operations and 10% each for eastern and western marketing.

We are targeting spending to track growth in such a way that we can ensure that all our talent has secure employment horizon of at least 1 year.  This is essential for attracting and retaining good people.

However, with all the DACs that should launch this summer, we expect to be able to ramp up our development rate roughly proportional to growth rate of the industry.

And once the independent BitShares Battalion of Delegates start sponsoring developers and doing promotions with their earnings, things should really get interesting!

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1

six months passed , the discussing of QQ groups in china show many investor are losing comfidence  and transfer to NXT or other POS coin .  maybe it is a rough time .
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:51:31 am by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091

Offline tianshi

• View Profile
BM responded in other thread:

Our team of developers:

Eric Frias - responsible for most of the P2P network code, RPC code gen, and other items.
Toast  - helping everywhere , currently web wallet / C++ integration
Nikita - helping with web wallet
HackFisher - helping everywhere, currently web wallet  (Just in from China last week)
Dan N - working toward robust test suites
Nathan - Starting Monday (C++)
Vikram - Starting Monday (C++ / everywhere)
Myself  - everywhere
Valentine -  C++ / Web  (part time, hopefully full time)
3 polish devs -  Keyhotee / BitShares integration / Nightly Support
1 Indian - tester
James - part time (currently busy, but will return in 2 weeks) JS support for signing transactions

Most of this team only started working effectively this month.. so I think we have enough people to do the job now.

Thank BM, STAN, TOAST and all.  I think you are right.

加油!go for it!

Offline Stan

• View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
The team has grown enough that it's starting to get a bit crowded at the BitShares Bunker.  So today Arlen, Brian, Pam and I got a new above-ground bunker ready for the team at the Virginia Tech Corporate Research Center.  Room for 10 Alpha-Hackers to work together comfortably in a thoroughly oxygenated and solar irradiated environment disguised as a stylish third floor penthouse cloakroom.

We still have to get the network turned on, the white boards in place, and a decent supply of high-pressure caffeine cartridges installed in a suitable cold storage containment device, but we expect to have the new core engineering facility operational within mere days.

My calculations indicate that this should increase overall productivity by at least one full metric quantum.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 04:41:53 am by Stan »

Offline onceuponatime

Why are you posting the same message on more than one thread? It tends to waste the time of people trying to stay current with the information on the forum.

As to your point of not having enough qualified programmers on the team, Bytemaster has addressed this problem in previous posts. It takes time to find and bring on board individuals with the right set of skills to participate in this project. The team has grown, and will continue to do so as individuals with the necessary skills are attracted to the project. And then they must be brought up to speed, which can temporarily even set the project back for a while.

Offline toast

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nikolai
BM responded in other thread:

Our team of developers:

Eric Frias - responsible for most of the P2P network code, RPC code gen, and other items.
Toast  - helping everywhere , currently web wallet / C++ integration
Nikita - helping with web wallet
HackFisher - helping everywhere, currently web wallet  (Just in from China last week)
Dan N - working toward robust test suites
Nathan - Starting Monday (C++)
Vikram - Starting Monday (C++ / everywhere)
Myself  - everywhere
Valentine -  C++ / Web  (part time, hopefully full time)
3 polish devs -  Keyhotee / BitShares integration / Nightly Support
1 Indian - tester
James - part time (currently busy, but will return in 2 weeks) JS support for signing transactions

Most of this team only started working effectively this month.. so I think we have enough people to do the job now.
Do not use this post as information for making any important decisions. The only agreements I ever make are informal and non-binding. Take the same precautions as when dealing with a compromised account, scammer, sockpuppet, etc.

Offline tianshi

• View Profile